DCA FP Attractions

Neither one does. Little Mermaid seems to go pretty fast, however. It's another story for TSMM.

No, both do not offer FPs.

Little Mermaid does not need one as it is a fast loader. Wait times are generally very low for this ride.

TSMM is a steady line throughout the day. Off season it can be quite short 10-15 minutes. High season it usually holds between 30-45 minutes. Holidays it can be longer.

No, both do not offer FPs.

Little Mermaid does not need one as it is a fast loader. Wait times are generally very low for this ride.

TSMM is a steady line throughout the day. Off season it can be quite short 10-15 minutes. High season it usually holds between 30-45 minutes. Holidays it can be longer.

That's what I'm afraid of! I can't believe such a headlining attraction doesn't have FPs...:sad2:

That's what I'm afraid of! I can't believe such a headlining attraction doesn't have FPs...:sad2:

I can't believe TSM has a 20 minute wait for TSM FPs and then 15 minute wait in the FP line to use it. DLR clearly has WDW beat on that attraction.

Along those lines Little Mermaid in DCA is practically walk on, I doubt this will be true in the MK.

It is strange, but I imagine it is a space issue. There is really no room for a FP distribution center I don't think. It also prevents the "running of the bulls" as seen in WDW, where people literally run first thing in the morning to get a TSMM FP. If you aren't there in the morning, you don't get one and are confronted with much longer standby waiting times. So it is definitely a trade-off.

With a little planning, though, it isn't too bad. I usually go within the first hour of park opening and wait 25 minutes on average. I get a snack and eat in line, check my phone, etc. Sometimes I also go last ride of the day, so I don't feel like I am missing out on other rides during the day. WOC is also a good time to hop on, I usually find it a little shorter during that time.

Even at Christmas I've never seen TSMM longer than 40 minutes. I do think its a space issue and was open during a "get away from FPs" time.

On January 2nd, the line for TSMM was 60 minutes around 5pm or so. That was longer than I wanted to wait.

I can't believe TSM has a 20 minute wait for TSM FPs and then 15 minute wait in the FP line to use it. DLR clearly has WDW beat on that attraction.

Along those lines Little Mermaid in DCA is practically walk on, I doubt this will be true in the MK.

Somebody holds a "little bit" of hostility toward WDW! Yikes! :scared1:

It is strange, but I imagine it is a space issue. There is really no room for a FP distribution center I don't think. It also prevents the "running of the bulls" as seen in WDW, where people literally run first thing in the morning to get a TSMM FP. If you aren't there in the morning, you don't get one and are confronted with much longer standby waiting times. So it is definitely a trade-off.

With a little planning, though, it isn't too bad. I usually go within the first hour of park opening and wait 25 minutes on average. I get a snack and eat in line, check my phone, etc. Sometimes I also go last ride of the day, so I don't feel like I am missing out on other rides during the day. WOC is also a good time to hop on, I usually find it a little shorter during that time.

I'm just surprised, that's all. In WDW, TSM is so popular and the wait times reach over an hour at peak times of the day even when the parks aren't crowded.

From what most are saying, the wait doesn't get nearly as bad in DL as WDW.

For TSMM .... The wait tends to be between 45-60 during normal park hours (saturdays) ..... we usually do rope drops on every other saturday and find it the best way to get on the ride quickly .... sometime when we get off the ride we can get back in line with only a 25 min wait but its usually a 45 wait (Starting at 10:15) when we get off the ride.

Somebody holds a "little bit" of hostility toward WDW! Yikes! :scared1:

I'm just surprised, that's all. In WDW, TSM is so popular and the wait times reach over an hour at peak times of the day even when the parks aren't crowded.

Yes, I was surprised as well. It is strange, especially since the new E-ticket in Carsland is going to have FP. But when you see where they shoehorned in TSMM, it will make more sense.

The wait is not as bad as at WDW, I think it has to do with ride density. TSMM is one of two E-tickets I think in DHS, right? DCA has lots more headliners than that. It kind of spreads out the people across the park. DCA has Soarin', Screamin', TOT, GRR, and TSMM to absorb the people. So we can better afford to go without a FP on TSMM. The wait for TSMM will probably decrease further with the addition of Carsland.

What I like is short lines, doesn't everyone like short lines better than long lines?

I think WDW's supply and demand are a lot different than DLs. They have rides more spread out so the headliners in each park have very little competition. In DL you have several of the "headliners" from WDW in a single park....and the rest are a short walk across the esplanade. I honestly won't wait longer than about 25 minutes for TSMM....but I can see why people do in DHS because there aren't a whole lot of other options, especially if you have little kids.

I think WDW's supply and demand are a lot different than DLs. They have rides more spread out so the headliners in each park have very little competition. In DL you have several of the "headliners" from WDW in a single park....and the rest are a short walk across the esplanade. I honestly won't wait longer than about 25 minutes for TSMM....but I can see why people do in DHS because there aren't a whole lot of other options, especially if you have little kids.

California Screaming (DL's version of Rock-n-Rollercoaster) is located right next to TSMM.

I really like DHS (more than DCA) but DCA offers more by way of rides and shows. Plus its annual attendance is only about 60% of DHS. With more rides and less people the lines are shorter.

I actually was at DHS on the day TSMM officially opened in 2008 (we rode it four times that day - they still had single rider then). The lines are amazingly long at DHS. We love TSMM but it is not worth those kind of waits!

California Screaming (DL's version of Rock-n-Rollercoaster) is located right next to TSMM.

Exactly, and Soarin' and ToT are also in DCA. My point being, more rides per park even out the lines in DLR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter