DCA - APEE / Hotel EMH Experience

disneychrista

DIS Veteran
Share your APEE & EMH experiences here.

What was the process for entry?

What lands / rides were open?

Was Fastpass available during this time?

Yay, thanks for starting the thread! I will be hoping to hear about others' experiences, and reporting back with my own from this Friday.

I am anxious to hear about this also. I have APEE next Tuesday and Wednesday (26th and 27th).

Thanks!

I hope info shows up here quickly! We have AP EE Thursday and Friday...I'm making myself crazy ruminating about the unknown :rotfl2:

Hotel guests could enter through GCH or the main entrance to DCA. Had to show room key and admission ticket. We got in line at GCH at 6:35 am. Line was to Whitewater Snacks. The line grew quickly. Entered DCA around 7:10 am. Followed the crowds to the left as we entered DCA. CM's would not let us through Paradise Pier. In line for RSR by 7:20 am. Family in front of us walked into GCH at 6:50 am and said the line wound all the way into the lobby and decided to use the main entrance to DCA.

All of the rides in Cars Land were open. Didn't notice much else as we were focused on riding RSR. This was our first visit to Cars Land.

CM told us RSR FP distribution would start at 8 am when DCA opened. DD went to get RSR FP after we exited RSR at 8:20 am. At 8:50 am she was able to get RSR FPs with return time of 8:55 pm to 9:55 pm.

Our experience was June 4th and 6th prior to CL opening, but for what it's worth:

Lined up at CGH DCA entrance at 8:25, line was almost to Whitewater Snacks. (at 8:45 on July 6th the line was all the way back to the planters and winding back to the front). I had everything out and ready and our bags ready for bag check (zippers unzipped, etc). The line began moving a little before 9 (which a CM said was unusual). I went straight for WOC FP while my husband and son headed toward Soarin'.

We were 4th family at Soarin and went straight in, after I grabbed FP for Soarin also. We were in the first boarding group. We boarded at 9:25. We exited at 9:40 ish and went to rope drop line at Paradise Pier entrance. We were about 2-3 rows back. At 10:00 RD we walked briskly, I grabbed FP to California Screamin (was still disconnected) while my husband and son got in line for TSMM. I joined them in line (about 30 people in front of us). We rode TSMM at 10:15 and then Screamin at 10:30. The rest of the day fell into line after that!

Hope this helps but may be moot info since CL opened!

Hotel guests could enter through GCH or the main entrance to DCA. Had to show room key and admission ticket. We got in line at GCH at 6:35 am. Line was to Whitewater Snacks. The line grew quickly. Entered DCA around 7:10 am. Followed the crowds to the left as we entered DCA. CM's would not let us through Paradise Pier. In line for RSR by 7:20 am. Family in front of us walked into GCH at 6:50 am and said the line wound all the way into the lobby and decided to use the main entrance to DCA.

All of the rides in Cars Land were open. Didn't notice much else as we were focused on riding RSR. This was our first visit to Cars Land.

CM told us RSR FP distribution would start at 8 am when DCA opened. DD went to get RSR FP after we exited RSR at 8:20 am. At 8:50 am she was able to get RSR FPs with return time of 8:55 pm to 9:55 pm.

:scared1:

, I grabbed FP to California Screamin (was still disconnected) while my husband and son got in line for TSMM. I joined them in line (about 30 people in front of us). We rode TSMM at 10:15 and then Screamin at 10:30. The rest of the day

they had a huge problem the night before where about 6 or so in the evening, 2 of the trains were stuck on the track and they had to evacuate...one of them was almost to the top of the Mickey head and it never did reopen for the remainder of the night...

todzwife - Yep. DD said when she got in line at about 8:30am the CMs said she was not guaranteed FPs and it would probably take her 30 minutes to get through the line. Just to give you a feel for how quickly the fast pass distribution went at 8:30am FP return time for RSR was 6:00pm to 7:00pm.

I would also like to hear from non-APEE/EMH people who entered at 8am. How long did it take to get FP's and/or what was the line at RSR like once you got there ~ i.e. how many APEE/EMH people were already in those lines?

I'll be arriving this Saturday so keep us all updated, TIA.

I would also like to hear from non-APEE/EMH people who entered at 8am. How long did it take to get FP's and/or what was the line at RSR like once you got there ~ i.e. how many APEE/EMH people were already in those lines?

I'll be arriving this Saturday so keep us all updated, TIA.

This might be better suited for it's own thread since this one is for early entry experiences. I too am curious as I'm staying off site next month.

Is there a schedule for when EMH vs APEE?

What can you do if your party has a mix, one with an AP and one on regular ticket and you're staying at a DLR hotel?

APEE at DCA is Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and at DL Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

EMH (for those staying at a Disney Hotel) at DCA is Monday, Wednesday & Friday and at DL on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday.

If you are part of a split group, if you are staying at a Disney Hotel use EMH. < - - - ACDSNY since you are staying at a Disney Hotel use EMH

If you are not staying at a Disney Hotel then you can either split up with the AP doing APEE. And those without joining them after park opening. Or just skip it all together.

Please note that to use a APEE one must sign up at least 3 days in advance and can only attend 1 EE at DCA & 1 EE at DL during this promotion.

Thanks! I'm scheming trying to do a quickie trip in Sept for DH and I.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter