DC Discount - AP ?

Chele

Earning My Ears
Please excuse a dumb question but.... Since DC reservations are made through WDTC when AP rates come out can you just switch your existing reservation.

I really had a problem switching reservations the last time from DC-AP rates - code rate this year and would really like to avoid all problems next trip. I actually had to make new reservations and new deposit and then they credited my old deposit. I dont know if I just had an unknowledgeable person or that is the process.

Thank you in advance:D

The same thing happened to me. You have to cancel your WDT-DC reservation and they will credit or refund you, you then have to make a new CRO-AP reservation and then send in the new deposit or give them a CC to charge. The original ressie deposit with WDT using a Disney Club discount cannot be transferred to a CRO reservation using an AP discount.

I made a DC reservation in May for CBR for 1 night in December before we move to BWV. The code rates came out in July, so I called and they switched it with no problem. They cancelled the WDTC reservation, gave me a credit, and then did a new CRO reservation and charged the new amount. When it was announced that CBR was closing, I decided to switch to BWI with an AP rate, they just charged the difference with a new reservation #.

In all actuality, at least how I understand, discounts are not applied to existing reservations. When you call to book a discount rate a new reservation is made, since the discounted rooms come from a "block" of rooms, and the old reservation is cancelled. So it really doesn't make a differece where you made your origninal reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter