Daytona/NBA game

angelicamy12

Mouseketeer
Anybody taken a day trip to Daytona? Or been to see a basketball game whilst there?

My BF is a huge sports fan and would love to attend a sporting event or tour Daytona!

There isn't an NBA team in Daytona? (or are you saying you want to see an NBA game/Orlando Magic, or go tour Daytona Int'l Speedway?) If so, the speedway tour is pretty neat if you've never been. They take you around the track, and Daytona USA exhibit is interesting, too.

A Magic game will likely be more costly, but the new Amway Center is a great arena to see a basketball game. As bad as the Magic were this year, ticket prices may go down a bit next season.

We took in an Orlando Magic / Toronto Raptors game at the Amway Center in Orlando on our Christmas 2012 trip. Great facility, super easy to get to, and ticket prices were way lower than what we are used to when we watch our Raps play at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto.

You can check out my trip report for pictures and a write up of our game experience there. Click on the link in my signature. The NBA game starts on page 10, post 147.

NBA season starts very end of October and runs until mid-April, and then playoffs from mid-April until early/mid-June. I'm hoping the Magic will have some games when I'm there in Feb, but there's also the chance they'll be on road trips. The full schedule should come out soon.

Oh sorry, I didn't explain myself well at all! I'd like to take a tour of the speedway in Daytona and also take in an Orlando Magic game at the Amway as my bf loves sports and I've always wanted to see a game too. We arrive on November 3 and are there for 2 weeks. I cant see any fixtures yet but hopefully Magic will have a game whilst we're there! Any idea when the dates tend to come out? I don't follow the NBA as I'm from Scotland

I dont think the NBA sets a date for their schedule release. But if you're in Orlando for 2 weeks, you're almost certain to have a couple of Magic home games in that time period. Also, I believe the Daytona Int'l Speedway tours run daily, but double check me on that.

The speedway tour is awesome! Pretty sure its daily. Except during race times. Theres a nice tour inside then they take you to the track. Very cool. It doesnt take long... few hours. Enough time for that and nba.
I would love to catch a game too... but only if they are playin the celtics. Well..maybe not next year lol

I dont think the NBA sets a date for their schedule release. But if you're in Orlando for 2 weeks, you're almost certain to have a couple of Magic home games in that time period. Also, I believe the Daytona Int'l Speedway tours run daily, but double check me on that.

THe NBA schedule is released next Tuesday, August 6.

Speedway tours are Daily. On those dates, you should have not problem getting in on a tour, but arrive early.
http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/Tours/Tour-Page.aspx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter