• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

daytona beach

tinkerjo

DIS Veteran
have you ever been their? i have a question. we want to go to a waterpark when we go this summer. we found one called daytona lagoon, has anyone ever been to it. is it good?... i found this awesome waterpark in florida called rapids waterpark... it is awesome... has anyone bin to it... does anyone know how far away it is from daytona?

I've been to Daytona Beach before. I went to the racetrack and the the Kennedy Space Center when I was there. Personally I didn't like it. It was just a dirty town, (trash was everywhere), and to back that point up, we stayed at like, the nicest hotel there, and when we got there the carpet was wet, and there were stains on the ceiling.

But as for your questions, sorry, can't help ya.

ive only been their once, i dont remember it being trashy? we are only staying for 2 days.( on are way 2 wdw!) :cool1:

tinkerjo said:
ive only been their once, i dont remember it being trashy? we are only staying for 2 days.( on are way 2 wdw!) :cool1:
I don't know. It might be because I come from middle-class/upper-middle-class towns that it seemed trashy. My mom refers to it as "hick town", which is saying a lot seeing as about our whole family comes from the south. :confused3

I've never been to Daytona, but Rapids is pretty far from there. If you're talking about the same place, it's in West Palm Beach. That's around 3 driving hours south of Daytona. If you are willing to go that far though, it is a very nice water park...I live about a half hour away from it! :thumbsup2

i've been there before. i was down there when the "bike week"
was going on.i have never been to there water park.when i went there in march,it was very windy.sweetshirts and maybe pants.

MuNkY said:
Personally I didn't like it. It was just a dirty town, (trash was everywhere)

I agree. I've been a few times. It's nothing but cheap, dirty outlet stores and gross people (I had some weird middle-aged guy hit on me..)

AllyGirlie said:
I agree. I've been a few times. It's nothing but cheap, dirty outlet stores and gross people (I had some weird middle-aged guy hit on me..)
I got some looks by girls that...errrrrm, didn't exactly catch my eye.

(For those that have seen the "To Kill A Mockingbird" movie, one of them looked like Mayella Ewell.:crazy2: )

Although don't get me wrong, there were sections that I liked, like the area where bike week is held.

:offtopic:
please you guys... i dont wanna know how trashy it it... really all i care about is the beach... it is just a stopping place for 2 days untill we get 2 the happiest place on earth. and all i wanna know about is waterparks!!!! :sad2:

tinkerjo said:
:offtopic:
please you guys... i dont wanna know how trashy it it... really all i care about is the beach... it is just a stopping place for 2 days untill we get 2 the happiest place on earth. and all i wanna know about is waterparks!!!! :sad2:
Actually seeing as the subject is Daytona Beach, and we are talking about Daytona Beach, we arn't exactly off topic. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter