Daytona area hotel/resort

SherryG

Mouseketeer
We are doing our 1st family trip to Disney in November and plan to stay in Daytona for our first night in Florida. We would like to be on the beach or VERY close to it so we can take the kids to see the ocean for their 1st time. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good place (reasonable but clean!!) to stay and also any good restaurants in the area? Thanks!

In november you should be able to take your pick of hotel rooms in Daytona . unless you are ariving late you should be able to take your pick I hve found that during a slow season at daytona you can drive up and get a great deal on a room some times much better than if you book in advance

In March we stayed at Coral Beach Hotel Resort in Ormond Beach [basically that is Daytona Beach north]. We picked it because it was on the ocean, had a full kitchen, two rooms, ocean front, indoor pool and outdoor pool. It is an older place and has wear and tear but the management was very nice and the place was clean. I think we paid $129 with a CAA discount. That's pretty good for a suite during March Break. S

We stayed at Daytona Beach last August 2006 I believe we stayed at "Inn on the Beach" maybe it was because we just left a Luxurious 3 bedroom Condo in Bahama Bay resort in Orlando im not sure but we hated that hotel. It just seemed very dirty and not very well kept. I remeber having problems with the shower constantly, For the price, it was cheapier but I think you could get a better hotel for the same amount probably and it would be a bit nicier. We traveled the strip by the beach and there was a lot of hotels to choose from and one thing you might consider if money is an issue is the hotels just across the street from the beach. You would have to walk over to the beach but I heard the cost comparison was a lot cheapier, I guess because you pay for the luxury of walking out of the hotel onto a sandy beach. Good luck and have fun!! Its a great place.

Brandon

As far as hotels I cannot give you any ideas on that, we usually just make a day trip to the area when we go. My dad is a huge nascar fan, so he goes to the track for the day. Race or not, but we try and go to during a race time. And we hit the beach and the shoppes. Than head back to Orlando for the night.
Resturants however I do recommend The Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. excellent food, excellent service. Very much an enjoyable meal, we definately go back next trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter