days inn lakeside

peter+lynne

Earning My Ears
hi we are haveing a budget holiday this year.
last year we stayed at the wyndham so i am a bit concerned we saw this hotel on travel channel and it was described as a hotel for the budget minded.
so has anyone stayed here recentley,i am not concerned too much i know the rooms will be clean they allways are in orlando,i am a bit more worried as to are the rooms quiet how are the staff and what are the fellow guests like any help????

Haven't stayed there personally but I do know that all the Days Inn chain in Orlando has a poor reputation. Hotel rooms are not clean in all the Hotels so you still need to exercise a bit of caution. Try to find some-one who has actually stayed there before you book it. If no-one here has used it perhaps someone on the American Board would be able to help.
Good luck!

Carol

Here's an E-pinion I found on it written in Feb this year:

http://www.epinions.com/content_55490809476

I know where the hotel is but haven't been in it. It isn't out of the way, very near Univeral so I can't see that it would attract anything other than holidaymakers looking for low cost accommodation. Have you booked it for your whole holiday because if you haven't or if you can still change your booking, you could go for the first night and see how it is. We've stayed at many "budget" hotels in Kissimme, Lake Buena Vista and Universal areas and we've moved about as it is easy to find a good rate once you are there (they do seem to change their rates almost daily at some places!).

I have stayed at a few Days Inn and some have been very poor and others have been pretty good (the one at Buena Vista was quite high standard).

This particular one seems to be of the no frills variety. But, if the room is clean, smells ok, the bed is comfy and the shower hot, then that's all you need!

Jackie
:)

We stayed there in 1989 and it was OK. Rooms were clean, service was fine and the location is very handy for I-drive etc. There is also a Goodings down Sand Lake road in the opposite direction to I-drive.

I have seen some comments on the US boards that haven't been over impressed, but then maybe that is because they have different expectations? Twelve years is a long time for it to have changed (better or worse!) but things like location, size of pool etc. won't have changed and they were fine.

I have stayed there for three nights in nov 2001 before we took our villa on 1st dec 2001

when it is described as budget it is we paid $25.95 per room per night plus tax
where are you going to find a room for four in the uk for less than £20.00 per night

our room was fine it was clean and tidy with loads of room, the bathroom was a little tierd and in need of a refurb but again it was clean and functional I found the hotel to be quiet at night so no problems there the room that we stayed in was ground floor in a two storey building and was motel style where you drive the car right up to the room door so you did not tend to get people passing your room at night making lots of noise

we spoke to a few people from the uk that were traveling with airtours and some of them were in pool veiw rooms that had microwave s and a fridge in the room so you could try for one of these rooms

the hotel has a tikki bar down by lhe lake that I went to a couple of times and that was ok the staff in hotel were ok and helpful when we had reason to ask them anything
the hotel has a restaraunt and shop that we did not use so I cant comment on
the hotel has two pools and is in a good location ony five minutes walk to I drive

I would not say that it is the best hotel that we have ever stayed in but I would not have a problem going back there and using it again

We stayed at Days Inn Lakeside last October and didn't have any complaints about it. It is basic budget accomodation but it was quiet and let's face it when you go to Orlando all you need is somewhere to sleep. One of the pools was heated and it was lovely and warm especially in the evenings. There is a filling station next door that we used to go to for cups of coffee, hot chocolate etc first thing in the morning and last thing at night (no coffee maker in rooms). They were building a McDonalds directly opposite when we were there so that should be finished by now. I cannot comment on the restaurant as we ate out all the time.

We have also stayed in the Days Inn at Lake Buena Vista twice and had no complaints with that either.

If you want to know anything else about it ask away.

Has anyone else got any coments on this palce as I have just booked a budget holiday (ie cheapest I could find) to here?
Any comments grateful

A friend of the family has stayed in the one in the Idrive near the seaworld area.

Went with his 3 best friends, never been before bought loads came back in one day near the last day of the 3 week holiday ALL there stuff was gone. I mean everything, dirty clothes , new clothes,everything out of the sake , even took the suitcases and passports. No actual signs of a break in though? They tried to sat he had left the door opn but no way. Police said in was an inside job.

Things are hopefully better now though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter