• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Days Inn Lakeside...good? bad?

Sunshyn63

Earning My Ears
I have heard mixed reviews about the Days Inn Hotels in the Orlando area. Does anyone have any idea what they are REALLY like?

Here is what I know:

Airport Days Inn (2323 McCoy Road) -
Have not stayed there, but looks kinda rundown from the outside.

Days Inn Winter Park (901 N. Orlando Rd. , Winter Park) -
Walked in and walked out....absolutely the worst motel I have ever been near. 0 on a scale of 1 to 10.

Days Inn Suites - Maingate East (5820 W. Irlo Bronson) -
Stayed there in 1996. Not the worst, not the best. This property gets a lot of wear and tear, but is halfways decent. 3 on a scale of 1 to 10.

I have not been in any others, but from the rates and pictures I've seen, the Lakeside Days inn is probably on the lower end of the scale.

The Days Inn by the Florida Mall is also bad.

Days Inn Maingate WEST is supposedly pretty good. (See: http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/offsite/3_wdw/Kissimmee/DIMW_alyshag00de.htm )

me and my husband have stayed there twice.
1st time... stayed there for the price,location,private beach,and outside tiki bar. well you get what you pay for.... beach was gross and not taken care of, tiki bar was open 2 out of 10 nights. and rooms were old and tattered.(march 98)

2nd time....(march 01) again we stayed there for location and price. well the beach has not changed!!!the rooms are even worse, our rooms AC was frozen when we walked in. And they tried to charge us more for room rates when we were checking out. I said no,no,no I have the conformation of prices right here.
So they did not charge us.

Also they have a booth in the lobby where people are constantly bugging you about tickets(everywhere you go some one is selling tickets) We even witnessed a verbal fight, Not to mention there was a cop car near the lobby every night(not sure why or what his purpose was).

we have stayed at several other hotels(8)in the orlando area.
I do NOT recomend this hotel to anyone.
check with a travel agent to see what your options are.
Just tell them your price range.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

When I was younger I remembered the Days Inn chain seemed to be nice hotels, but recently I drove cross country and it seems that many of them have changed. Although it is affordable, I would try to find something that is decent so you don't get upset during your trip.

Jenn

I would have to agree with you .
Now that we are older, price is not the major issue when reseaching hotels. Your comfort is very important

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter