Days gone by...what were some of the old attractions that are gone now?

storybookmum

DIS Veteran
Someone tell me what 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea was like?

I only went to Disney for the first time in 1997, and then only to MK for two days. The following year, I saw HS for one day. Not till 2000 did I see all the parks. So I'm new.

What's gone and sorely missed? Or perhaps, gone and good riddance?

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. This wonderful trip to Helk was taken away so they could sell more Pooh crap(Is that repetitive?). I got to ride this at DL last month, but miss getting to ride it as often. I also miss ExtraTerrorestial and World of Motion. Hunchback was pretty great, too.

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. This wonderful trip to Helk was taken away so they could sell more Pooh crap(Is that repetitive?). I got to ride this at DL last month, but miss getting to ride it as often. I also miss ExtraTerrorestial and World of Motion. Hunchback was pretty great, too.

:laughing:

I miss this ride as well.

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Miss that.

I said good riddance to Alien Encounter, however I think that was better than the new Stitch ride, which is sad.

We miss Timekeeper. It was one of DD's favorites. It was kind of lame, but I miss the Skyway ride. Horizons was a favorite of mine and is missed. I liked Hunchback at the studios.

I miss Alien Encounter I liked that ride when I was a kid and I liked it until it left

LOL Yes Pooh Crap is redundant.

I miss Horizons, World of Motion, Timekeeper,Dream Flight and the old Journey to the Imagination.

I loved Horizons! And Discovery Island, with all the different birds (real ones!). Disney has changed so much over all the years I've been going and I'm only 22!

I miss all the above mentioned, but I also miss some of the older versions of some of the refurbed rides.... such as The Living Seas, and of course, Spaceship Earth with Jeremy Irons. I also miss the old Backlot Tour where you see some of the house facades that were used in filming and the other parts too.....the modern version in my opinion is a waste of time.

20,000 leagues had a longish wait if I remember. The submarines only held 20 or so people and you had to climb down into them. Very narrow. The under sea was quite hokie , and I don't think a single live fish lived in the water. We only saw it once, then it was gone.
:sad1:

We miss Timekeeper. It was one of DD's favorites. It was kind of lame, but I miss the Skyway ride. Horizons was a favorite of mine and is missed. I liked Hunchback at the studios.

Oh the sky way,I forgot all about that ya!:) But I remeber that and 20,000 from DL,skyway use to go through the Matterhorn now that was real cool.

Kitchen Kaberet, and Food Rocks at Epcot haven't been mentioned yet. I think I miss Mr Toad the most of all those above.

My Dad was an Eastern Airlines pilot when I was growing up. They used to be "Disney's Airline" and there was a ride for them. I can't remember the name of the ride but the song was, "If You Had Wings." I loved that ride just because of my Dad. :)

I miss watching the can-can dancers perform while eating lunch at the Diamond Horseshoe..."You can do the can-can"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter