Daydreaming ~ Anyone else going in January?

We are headed down towards the end of January. We are so excited! We are going later in the month due to when kids go back to school and when MLK falls. Hopefully like you said, we will miss the tour groups. They weren't bad in January of this year (we were there from 1/8-1/17).

We're going too! Last week booked POFQ for 1/19-1/27. Going to surprise DD7 for Xmas. :). Need to get my adr's booked!

We are going the first part of January. I can't wait and am counting down the days!

We'll be there Jaunuary 12-19 at All Star Music on the Stay, Play and Dine deal. Would love Free Dining! Never been in January, will we freeze?

were going from 1/27 - 2/2 with a room only discount to the poly. This will be our second time going at this time as we love the crowd levels and our kids are young enough to not have to deal with school.

We just booked last week - decided to take a long weekend. P/S/D pkg at Pop 1/19-1/23

POR 5th to the 14th here. Totally excited for it too. Dd and I have been once before but hubby has never been, so we cant wait to show him how awesome it is.

We'll be back at the World from Jan 17-22 for DD's 10th b-day, which ironically is on the 31st as well! Staying at the YC CL for the first time due in part to the 35% discount. Definitely can't wait!:cool1:

We are going 1/26-2/7. The first couple of days is at Universal. We are staying at POFQ.

This will be our first January trip.

We will be at POFQ Jan 1 - Jan 8! We booked the play, stay, dine package. Is this the "free" dining everyone is referring to? When I called to book, the CM informed me that it really isn't free dining...he said Disney discounted each part of the package and the CM couldn't even tell exactly what was discounted. Seems complicated if you ask me.

We've been during both of those weeks (twice during the week of the 31st ~ that's my birthday, too!). All great trips ~ have fun!

We'll be back at the World from Jan 17-22 for DD's 10th b-day, which ironically is on the 31st as well! Staying at the YC CL for the first time due in part to the 35% discount. Definitely can't wait!:cool1:

YAY ~ Birthday buddies!

DH would LOVE to stay at one of the Epcot resorts, but we've never bitten the bullet and spent the money. Our goal is Yacht Club someday!

You might want to check out the January 2013 thread:

*** OFFICIAL January 2013 Thread ***

:)

I'm sorry, I didn't realize there was already a thread. Some good Friday night reading. :) Thanks!!

We'll be there in Nov/Dec this year, so no Jan in the works right now, but I will say that I LOVED our January trip in 2008! Crowds were so amazingly low and the weather was beautiful! We were there Jan 5-13 for our honeymoon at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

We are going in January too! Leaving Missouri on Jan 19th and driving to Orlando, so hoping to be there sometime on the 21st or 22nd. Staying until Feb 1st and making the 3 day trek back home.

Can't wait! First trip for DH and DS and I haven't been in 40 years.

Going January 26-February 2!!!:goodvibes

We went in Late August in 2011 and it was so hot! We decided to take a quick trip this past February (first week) and loved it! Crowds, weather, everything was very nice!

It was just DH and I, so we didn't swim, but I'm hoping for swimming weather this year with the kids!!

We are going home January 26- February 2nd and staying at POP currently. We are going to look into switching to a moderate because it may actually be cheaper with the SPD because we won't have the upgrade charge for regular dining.

We only ever go in January. They made me, against my better judgement, go Thanksgiving 2010.. While I was in love with the lighted castle, the first time seeing the chocolate decorations at the beach club, decorations, and overall holiday amazing-ness... I was in hell lol I could not believe the wait times for rides and the inability to take a picture in a park without a million other people around and just the mass of humanity EVERYWHERE.
So needless to say, I miss my January trips, and cannot wait for the peace and quiet and slower pace and the ability to go on rides without waiting 2 hours. And still have the beautiful weather to enjoy the resort pools and shorts!!

lilaurora said:
We're going too! Last week booked POFQ for 1/19-1/27. Going to surprise DD7 for Xmas. :). Need to get my adr's booked!

Update - still going same dates, but got DH to swap out POFQ for the Poly! I've wanted to stay there since I was a girl and would go through Disney guide books and plan my perfect WDW vacation. I'm so excited!!

We're booked for Jan 7th - 16th but thinking about moving it up a day. I just read the last day of Osbourne lights is the 6th. Anyone know if any other decorations will still be up?

I've read a ton on the Dis about lower crowds that time of year ~ if you can avoid the tour groups (but how the heck do you know when they're there?? ~ attraction closings (Splash Mountain), potentially cooler weather, shorter park hours, etc.

You can look up Pop Warner's schedule.... somewhere. :p I know I've done it but I forget where -- maybe just do a Google search for Pop Warner? I think you can find the schedule for schools in Brazil as well (I seem to remember reading a post to the Dis somewhere laying it out), but of course there still may be tour groups from elsewhere.

We're going to be in Orlando January 7-17, I'm hoping those cooler temps will mean my kids don't crash so soon. :p

We are a January family. We have been every week during the month at one time or another. Last year we went the 1st week for the first time. It was super super crowed compared to any of the other weeks including MLK weekend. It was also the coldest week we have ever been. Free dining was also not offered during this week. It was pretty much our only choice but NOT our favorite week on any level. There was still decorations up everywhere, Christmas, music was playing and the Osborn lights still on. Parade and MVMCP were over. We however have done a Christmas trip (which we loved), and a week after Christmas we were pretty much done with Christmas and it was not such a special treat like our December trip.

Looking good for 27 Jan for 12 nights, ill health permitting, staying at POFQ can't wait need a mickey holiday this year, see you all there !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter