Day Tripping to EPCOT Food & Wine Festival?

tampadaytripper

Earning My Ears
Hey guys, we live in Tampa, and usually just drive over to EPCOT for the day during the food and wine festival. This saves us hotel fares, but I wonder if we're missing out. I'm just not sure that we would find another whole day of things to do on a second day. (on the flip side, we wouldn't be as rushed as we are with a 1-day trip)

Anyone here a regular attendee of the Food & Wine Festival at EPCOT? Do you think it's worth two full days? We haven't been the last couple of years, so my memory is a little foggy.

Thanks!

We're in Tampa too, and greatly prefer two day trips. It just makes everything so much more relaxed and enjoyable. With F&W it allows us to pace ourselves better, and gives us a better chance to really try everything we want without stuffing ourselves to sickness.

Hey guys, we live in Tampa, and usually just drive over to EPCOT for the day during the food and wine festival. This saves us hotel fares, but I wonder if we're missing out. I'm just not sure that we would find another whole day of things to do on a second day. (on the flip side, we wouldn't be as rushed as we are with a 1-day trip)

Anyone here a regular attendee of the Food & Wine Festival at EPCOT? Do you think it's worth two full days? We haven't been the last couple of years, so my memory is a little foggy.

Thanks!

Do you have an annual pass?

There's just something extra about the whole resort experience, that isn't there commuting on I-4, lol.

If you stay overnight, no one has to be the designated driver for day one - if that makes a difference.

Anyone here a regular attendee of the Food & Wine Festival at EPCOT? Do you think it's worth two full days?
Easily! We live very close to the parks and go to F&W several days. We find that its impossible to do the whole thing in one day simply because we get full by the time we've made it half way around World Showcase. Best strategy is to go clockwise one day and counter-clockwise the next day.

Thanks!
We live an hour from WDW and we stay onsite for a least 2 days for F&W.

We definitely go for several days each year for the food and wine. You might also wanna include the food an wine event at the swan and dolphin. Its shaping up nicely over the years.

I'm not local but I go to WDW twice a year and one of those times is during F&W. I'm at Epcot every single day of my trip. Not all day, sometimes from 11 until 8 or so, sometimes a little later in the day. I tend to do at least one seminar, one food and wine pairing dinner and a couple of the little food demos and wine tastings at the festival center. I like to try to get at least one something from every booth and it took me 5 days to accomplish that last year.

Honestly, I'm a fat as* who loves to eat until I'm feeling sick and even I can't do Food and Wine in one day. There is no way I can try everything I want in just a few hours. I always do at least two days. I drive up from Miami on Saturday morning, stay the night and then leave on Sunday night. Sometimes I'm in no condition to drive back home on Sunday so I stay another night. If my work schedule allows and since I'm already there on Monday I also try to sneak in a few hours on Monday and hit all the favorites again. I can be home at around 5:00pm if I leave the park a little after 1:00.

We have been doing 8 - 9 day F&W trips the last few years, this Oct it will be 10 days. We skip WS on Sat due to crowds but were in WS every other day. We hit some park at rope drop, tour until about the bounce over to WS. We try new stuff but we're not extreme about sampling everything although we probably have the time. We have our favorites such as Fisherman's Pie in Ireland which we have in the Rose & Crown patio with a Guinness as soon as we arrive through the IG. Also there's the nightly concert series:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/eat-to-the-beat-concerts/

Bill From PA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter