Day Pass at Hyatt Orlando Airport-is it worth it?

Love2Cruise2015

DIS Veteran
I was hoping fellow Disney Cruisers could give me their thoughts on getting the day pass for the Hyatt at the Orlando Airport after our cruise as our flight home isn't until 7pm and we are not able to check in for our flight at the airport until 1 pm. We will not have access to a vehicle and will be using non Disney transportation from the port to the airport (there is 6 of us (4 adult + 2 kids) in our group) Its going to cost us $543 (Canadian) for the suite that holds a max of 6 adults (Do you have to count kids under 18 in the room guest count as I could get a day room for $257 Canadian that says holds a max 4 adults, I ask this question as when I go into book the room its just asking for the number of guests over 18?) , is it worth the price (can we book something like this through Disney for a savings?) or do people have recommendations on other things we could do until we could check in at the airport at 1pm?

Last edited:
I think they can only rent a room for as many people as there are beds to sleep in? so even if the kids could 'sleep' in the bed with their folks, that's the law? I remember we had 6 people and (for the Day Pass) had to get two rooms. There IS a nice pool . . . Also, it's a very nice airport with lots of shopping and a food court and a couple restaurants and couches if you feel comfortable just staking your 'claim' to your own little patch of airport. I don't think you can check your bags until 4 hours before your flight. (yeah, I just checked). It's a long day no matter what you do. The advantage of the Day Room is being able to put your feet up and a nice clean no line bathroom and access to the pool and a GIANT TV in the room. I have seen many families camped out, glassy eyed, in the airport. Is it worth that much money? Can you sneak the kids in? Maybe to both. There is a direct bus to The Florida Mall BUT would be a drag with the luggage. OR one person could volunteer to say at MCO with the bags? (https://www.simon.com/mall/the-florida-mall)

I think they can only rent a room for as many people as there are beds to sleep in? so even if the kids could 'sleep' in the bed with their folks, that's the law? I remember we had 6 people and (for the Day Pass) had to get two rooms. There IS a nice pool . . . Also, it's a very nice airport with lots of shopping and a food court and a couple restaurants and couches if you feel comfortable just staking your 'claim' to your own little patch of airport. I don't think you can check your bags until 4 hours before your flight. (yeah, I just checked). It's a long day no matter what you do. The advantage of the Day Room is being able to put your feet up and a nice clean no line bathroom and access to the pool and a GIANT TV in the room. I have seen many families camped out, glassy eyed, in the airport. Is it worth that much money? Can you sneak the kids in? Maybe to both. There is a direct bus to The Florida Mall BUT would be a drag with the luggage. OR one person could volunteer to say at MCO with the bags? (https://www.simon.com/mall/the-florida-mall)
Thank you for sharing your experience and advice it was very helpful :)

Looks like no kids allowed. I would call hotel direct to confirm.

From Resort Pass:

Day Room Details

• Day Passes for up to 4 people from 10am-6pm
  • Private hotel room located near the pool (based on availability)
  • Full bathroom with private shower- 65-inch HDTV
  • In-room safe for valuables
  • Complimentary bottled water (2)

Ages 18+ only. Please note: the hotel restricts children for day guests however allows overnight guests to bring children. There will be a $75 incidentals hold for the room in case of damages. A credit card will need to be provided upon check-in.

I read some of the reviews and one is titled KIDS ALLOWED! Maybe they 'restrict' - meaning they won't rent to a school group? I would call and ask to check. A few of the reviews mention their kids. It's a very nice hotel. (And we found a microwave by the ice machine on our floor . . . . in case you need to heat up something from the food court.) Having to get up SO early to be off the ship - what's another few hundred dollars???

Looks like no kids allowed. I would call hotel direct to confirm.

From Resort Pass:

Day Room Details

• Day Passes for up to 4 people from 10am-6pm
  • Private hotel room located near the pool (based on availability)
  • Full bathroom with private shower- 65-inch HDTV
  • In-room safe for valuables
  • Complimentary bottled water (2)

Ages 18+ only. Please note: the hotel restricts children for day guests however allows overnight guests to bring children. There will be a $75 incidentals hold for the room in case of damages. A credit card will need to be provided upon check-in.
Thank you :) I will have to look into something else I guess....that would also explain why when I was looking into the rooms it was saying number of adults over 18 which got me to thinking do kids get to stay "free" depending on the number of adults in the room as I assumed that most people that would be booking these rooms would be families with children under 18 but I guess not...

I read some of the reviews and one is titled KIDS ALLOWED! Maybe they 'restrict' - meaning they won't rent to a school group? I would call and ask to check. A few of the reviews mention their kids. It's a very nice hotel. (And we found a microwave by the ice machine on our floor . . . . in case you need to heat up something from the food court.) Having to get up SO early to be off the ship - what's another few hundred dollars???
Ok I will look into this!

The Resort Pass site does say adults only, but when you book directly through Hyatt's website there is no such disclaimer! We booked a day room a few months ago with our 2 kids post cruise, and it was worth every penny to me.

+1 we booked a day room directly through Hyatt and I never saw anything about it being 18+ (and certainly no one questioned our kids being there when we checked in). For us it was well worth it. The kids could play, watch TV, finish homework, whatever. We could leave to walk around the airport and not have to worry about our suitcases. It made a long day much more bearable (certainly better than the times we've been stuck camping outside the check-in counter at various airports for hours because of the 4 hour checked luggage rule).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter