DAY EIGHT ~ SO I WANT TO BE A MILLIONAIRE (or Act Like One!)

kimmar067

TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!
Friday, August 2 ~~

It appears that, as each day comes and goes, we seem to wake just a little bit later, and once again, today is no exception. We SHOULD have been on our way to 1900 Park Faire for our 8AM ressies for the buffet breakfast(before our destination, MGM), but, once again, plans sometimes get changed. So, it's back downstairs to Roaring Forks for a quick bite and out we scoot to the bus stop.

I insisted that R'n'R and TofT queue lines quickly get filled, but, unfortunately, I am the MINORITY, so everyone took their time, and we didn't arrive at MGM until after 9:30AM. My DS hurried to R'n'R to grab some FastPasses while we decided to wait on the stand-by line. After 25 minutes, we found ourselves in the library of TofT, listening to Rod Sterling (or is it "Serling"??) and waiting for the "lightning" to appear in the window. I just love this ride and never get tired of it (I only wish that I'd taken the time to purchase the movie in the shop, after exiting the ride!!:( )

Quickly, we scurried off to R'n'R...I JUST LOVE PASSING THE ENDLESS LINE OF SAD FACES(and, boy, was that line LONG!!!)as itwas just about time to use our FastPasses! I only wish there was a way to prolong this thrill ride. It seems that it is JUST TOO SHORT!

We also made a quick trip through The Great Movie Ride, before heading to Back Lot Tour. Slight changes were made here(the water and fire effects at the beginning of the tour) to emphasize all the special-effects done for the movie "Pearl Harbor". Upon exiting this attraction, we quickly waited on line for the next presentation of "WWTBAM?". With the exception of "no Regis",
this is as much fun as the "real deal", except that the whole audience gets to participate! Now, I don't want to insinuate that this show is "rigged", but I answered EVERY question correctly (AND, rather quickly, I might add!) and I didn't even make the "Top Ten" list! (boo-hoo!) It sure kicked my "knowledge-ego" down a notch!The day was sunny and the temperature was getting hotter, so we decided to stop for a refreshing snack of ice cream, and returned to the NYC street to get some photos.

Now, almost 1PM, we decided to return to WL to enjoy our daily ride on the "Mickey boats" (water mice) and grab a refreshing dip in the pool,accompanied by "Green Geysers"! We had PS's for the "Fantasmic Dinner Pkg", so we retreated to our rooms to get ready for the activities of the evening. Our ressies were for 5:45 PM. However, today, luck was not on our side ~~ it began to rain[hard] while we were waiting for the MGM bus. Ironically, it stopped just before we approached the MGM bus stop, but resumed raining just as we arrived at H & V (and lasted for another 10 or 15 minutes). By Disney standards, H & V isn't an expensive eatery, and it sure doesn't lack in quantity, but it was NOT one of our better meals. The food was just OKAY (the mac'n'cheese was, without a doubt, THE WORST I HAVE EVER EATEN!!! YUK!!) I wasn't even impressed with the dessert station. One of the selections was a RED (and I mean R E D!!) cake with white frosting that reminded me of the Armadillo groom's cake in "Steel Magnolia's"!! However, I must admit that our server was extremely polite and attentive.

We decided to do some browsing in the stores before heading to the "separate entrance" for "Fantasmic" (BTW - it's located near the entrance to MGM by the "gasoline station") We arrived barely a 1/2 hour before the show was starting, and the ampitheatre was already pretty crowded. We were seated all the way to the right (as you are facing the "stage") in the first row! I had second thoughts about sitting so close to the water, since, on previous occasions, we had always gotten wet from the mist. It turned out that we were in a "primo" location ~ an unobstructed view and no mist to contend with! I think that the favorite part of this show is watching the reaction of our family members as they saw "Fantasmic!" for the first time and feeling their awe and wonder!

Since our seats were to the right of the "stage", it was fairly easy to exit MGM, too, and, once aboard the WL bus, we were arriving at WL just at the "Grand Finale" of the fireworks of MK! What a perfect way to end our day!

Thanks for the great report! I still have never done "WWTBAM?" or Fantasmic. They are on the list, though, right up there with eating at Boma.
Did you try the Red Velvet Cake? LOL! I've never been crazy about it, myself. ;)

I loved the marinade I guess....the grandkids loved the ice cream makings bar....I knew that they would......thanks so much for you report

...are you talking about the flank steak?? I had heard SOOO much about it, but it wasn't offered for dinner (only lunch). As for the Red Velvet cake (is THAT the name of it?) - well, YUK!! I did not try it ~ it was like a deep, blood red.....BTW, dandave, DEFINITELY try Boma ~ we loved it! Just go for the experience of AKL!

LOL! It sure sounds like Red Velvet Cake... A "must have" at all Family Reunions down South! I agree. Yuck! ;)

Oh come on, Kim, you should have tried the Red Velvet cake. As dandave said, it is everywhere down here in the South. I think you would have liked it.

WWTBAM is a lot of fun. I noticed people were pushing the buttons rapidly even before the pad "lit up". I think nanoseconds count. The best I've ever done is #4.

I wasn't impressed with H&V for dinner either, but the character breakfast there is a lot of fun. Last time we ate at Mama Melrose and the food was great.

Sounds like another great day!

Katholyn

I've been reading and enjoying all of your reports.

Fantasmic is my favorite and I also love when I am with newbies watching their amazed reactions! what a great ending to the day! off to read more, thanks for posting

...did you enjoy Mama Melrose??? That would have been my other choice (I had coordinated the trip, including PS's, and, since we had 13 in our party, I kinda had to stick to buffet-type eateries....!) I had heard that MM had recently changed their menu, so I was unsure about it.

kimmar

I ate there in May before they changed the menu. I don't know about the new menu. I enjoyed MM much more than H&V, the food was great.

Thanks for the encouragement on FDP. I'll keep in mind H&V shouldn't be our first choice!

We've yet to see Fantasmic:(

Thanks for the report!

I don't want to insinuate that WWTBAM is rigged either, but one time when I was there, the number #1 and #2 spot were seat numbers that weren't even occupied.

Jo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter