Day and Night

twokids0204

DIS Dad #561
With all the TS3 threads going around, just wanted to get peoples take on the Pixar Short "Day and Night" that premiered before TS3.

I loved it... Pixar's BEST short yet.

I agree!!! My family loved it. It was so cute!!!:goodvibes:goodvibes

I didn't care much for it, either - graphically interesting idea, but it didn't engage me - and I really disliked them actually lecturing us with the moral of the story.

For a point of reference, my favorite Pixar shorts that were shown in theatres are 1) One Man Band (I could watch a whole feature with those guys!), 2) Presto, and 3) Partly Cloudy.

I loved it... Pixar's BEST short yet.

We just saw it and I completely agree. But I'm alone on this in my family. My husband and our boys thought it was too long and just OK, although our oldest at least agreed that the animation and concept were impressive. I loved the whole thing and was very impressed.

It took me a minute or two to figure out that it was the Pixar short -- it didn't really have the usual Pixar "style" and was kind of deep for a "cartoon" at an animated movie.

Conceptually, tho', it was great, and I loved the juxtaposition of day/night and the comparison with the dark and light side of human emotion and motivation.

I too think it was too long. My four year old kept asking when is the movie going to start. With the other previews added in, the actual movie didn't start for 20 minutess from the stated start time. When it first started I thought is was going to be something similar to the pixar THX scenes. I think they could have used the same concert for a 30 second THX scene and I would have been happier.

I enjoyed it. Thought it was a really creative idea and the execution was done pretty well.

I wouldn't call it my favourite however. That's For The Birds. :goodvibes

I thought it was just too cute that night wanted the bathing beauty!!! I also liked the message behind it

Ok I read through the message board post on IMDB and found this

"The voice is that of Dr. Wayne Dyer, taken from a lecture he gave in New York in the 1970's" according to Wikipedia. I know I've heard that quote somewhere else before but I can't remember where..

I don't even know why they make those shorts. Eh. My son turned to me and said, "I thought we were going to see Toy Story" From what I noticed in the theater, most kids didn't care for it.

I'm going to move this to the Disney movies, books, etc. board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter