Day #3 and we are already exhausted

CMLDisney12

Mouseketeer
We arrived Sunday afternoon and went straight to DTD, then all day Monday at HS, yesterday at AK, then DTD, now today I'm thinking of switching things up. It was supposed to be hang here till 9 or 10 then head over to Epcot and stay late for emh but looking at travel plans Epcot is a park to avoid at a 5.5 whereas mk is a 2.2 and both parks have fireworks and we have been done by 8 both nights (done as in exhausted) I think mk would be better because none of us are dealing well with the crowds. If what they are saying is a 5 I wouldnt dream of coming here when it's a 8-10!! This is going to be a long week! I hope mk puts my family in more of a Disney mood.

That's one of the reasons we take noon breaks and a whole day off in the middle of a trip away from the parks and just relax at the resort pool and recharge our "batteries"!

Too much of a good thing can really put someone off Disney...running yourself ragged all day can tire anybody out.... Take some park time off.... enjoy your resort, relax, have a drink, play some miniature golf...you're not supposed to need a vacation from the vacation when you leave!

We arrived Sunday afternoon and went straight to DTD, then all day Monday at HS, yesterday at AK, then DTD, now today I'm thinking of switching things up. It was supposed to be hang here till 9 or 10 then head over to Epcot and stay late for emh but looking at travel plans Epcot is a park to avoid at a 5.5 whereas mk is a 2.2 and both parks have fireworks and we have been done by 8 both nights (done as in exhausted) I think mk would be better because none of us are dealing well with the crowds. If what they are saying is a 5 I wouldnt dream of coming here when it's a 8-10!! This is going to be a long week! I hope mk puts my family in more of a Disney mood.

have FUN! You are at WDW & not at work so enjoy it!:)

Wow! You are up early!

If MK is a 2.2 than I would let the family sleep in, get up and ready in a slow, natural to them manner, then head over to MK. That is the park that most people think of when they think Disney... They will have a blast and not be exhausted. Take a break with a long leizurely lunch to recover from the morning, and when you leave after the fireworks, DO NOT go to DD. Sounds like you guys love DD as often as you have gone there, but resist the temptation!

Maybe it is time to regroup. If the vacation is wearing you out and your family is not really enjoying it you may want to rethink your approach.

My family is "that" family. You know the one..............looks like we are wandering around with no destination. The family that does not always make rope drop, strolls through the parks and hit attractions in what looks like a willy-nilly fashion. We are the folks who never used child-swap, took off right after the parade and had a nap and hung swimming in the morning.

The truth is that we always knew what we were doing..........Disney is the destination but is not the objective for us. There is plenty to do and plenty to see but you cannot and will not experience it all on any one trip so why don't you all slow down. Figure out a few must-do attractions, check out show times and see if they work into your plan and then just slow down. Enjoy the resort, go swimming. Hop on the monorail and do some resort hopping. Relax in the afternoon, tap and and go back to a park after dinner. Get a nice beverage or snack and stake out a great spot for the parades or fireworks and relax with your family.

Disney is a vacation and is not a job. Clearly this has turned into work for your family so if it were me I would change my approach.

Yup, slow down and enjoy....take pool breaks, find a shady spot to sit and relax.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

With the length of the trip, you can and should slow down. Don’t go until exhaustion it is too hard to recover. It is also still too hot there to be touring all day.

We had a 9 night trip in June and the number one rule was that we pace ourselves. We only did the midday break thing once, but if we started at rope drop, we were back for resort time around 3 or 4. When we wanted to see fireworks, we didn’t go to the park until 3 or 4, which is usually our day 1 plan. By the time the fireworks were over we’d been there 7 hours. That is plenty. We also did one day where we toured from 10 to 5, which included a one hour sit down at a kidcot fun stop while dd colored and my son slept, then more touring until 5 when we changed for an ADR, then had dinner in the park then went back to the resort.

We also had one no park day in the middle where we just had a reservation at Ohana around 5:00. Now since we’d had some rain, and this was a sunny day, we did leave our resort a little early to spend some time at MK since we had to take a bus there to get to Ohana anyway. After dinner we took the monorail back to MK and I gave dd the option of going back in for a while and she said, “No thanks, after all it is our rest day.” So we walked by it and on to the bus stop.

We had one 10 hour touring day surprisingly at DHS. We had an 8am ADR, then toured the park. My plan was to be done after the afternoon parade, but my children discovered the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area and we were in there 2 hours. We didn't get back to the resort until almost 6, but they still had energy to burn going by how they ran chasing each other around the resort after we got off the bus.

Also remember if you continually wear yourself down you are also wearing down your immune system.

I'm so afraid to miss something lol. We are going to use our travel plans ap today and see if that helps:-)

I'm so afraid to miss something lol. We are going to use our travel plans ap today and see if that helps:-)

The thing is you are going to miss something anyway--I don't care if you're there one day or twenty. I've yet to see or do "everything" in all my trips.

Slow down and have a leisurely day or no one in your group is going to want to come back. Step away from the apps, they will entice you to try to do even more.

:goodvibes

That's one of the reasons we take noon breaks and a whole day off in the middle of a trip away from the parks and just relax at the resort pool and recharge our "batteries"!

Too much of a good thing can really put someone off Disney...running yourself ragged all day can tire anybody out.... Take some park time off.... enjoy your resort, relax, have a drink, play some miniature golf...you're not supposed to need a vacation from the vacation when you leave!

I have to agree! You need some time to relax and recharge. You should stay at your resort today, relax, take a nap, then head to MK around 6pm for dinner and Wishes! We do this often! :thumbsup2

trust us,it's ok to slow down...your family will thank you for it! If you do go to a park today,take it slow....go where you WANT to go,not where you feel you have to go,my own fam sleeps in every day at Disney,they wouldn't do it any other way,and we still have fun!
Our last trip,2 years ago,we never rode Toy story ride,or saw F!- we just never got there in time to do either. we STILL had a blast!

You've got to shake it off. You've got to play through the pain. Know the feeling exactly. I've always said that Disney's not a vacation destination, in terms of a place to relax. When we get home, we need a vacation. We always suggest to people to always return home on a Friday, so they have the entire weekend to rest.

On my last solo trip I went non-stop for the first 3 days. After day #3 I was exhausted and decided to take breaks. My feet will barking like old dogs:rotfl::rotfl:

Before we took that first trip DD I had lists and lists of things we just could nto miss. She told me that the Disney i remembered was gone, there was no way we could do everything so I should toss that list out or I would always be trying to catch up and never would. Best trip advice ever!

Disney is not going anywhere but you can bet your family will probably balk at returning if they are battle fatigued on Day three.

Slow down. You have time to see the things you really want to see and the rest will be there next time.

But what you're missing is being on vacation. So what if you miss something, if you are having fun it doesn't matter. I find that I approach each day with a few small goals. Maybe have each person pick the one thing that they want to do. Figure out how to make that work, then just fill in the blanks. Disney has some great stuff to fill in the blanks.

The thing is you are going to miss something anyway--I don't care if you're there one day or twenty. I've yet to see or do "everything" in all my trips.

Slow down and have a leisurely day or no one in your group is going to want to come back. Step away from the apps, they will entice you to try to do even more.

:goodvibes

This is so true. I can't even tell you how many trips I have been on and now that we have a condo locally how many times I have been in the parks and there are still things I haven't done. I realize each trip I do a thing or two I have never done before...some are big things...some are small detail type things.

I would use the app though to check wait times/fast pass times.

Liz

OP, please realize that I have spent literally hundreds of days in the parks since infancy. And every single time I go I experience something new that I've never seen or done before. Every. Single. Time.

You WILL NOT get everything done. You WILL make yourself, and your family, screaming-at-each-other-in-the-streets nutballs if you try.

The very best way to ensure that your family has a horrible time on vacation and never wants to go back? Is to continue doing what you've done for the first three days.

Always leave them wanting more. So.... OK, get up & make rope drop. But then go back to the resort at noon, and return to the parks at sunset for a nice few hours touring in the dark. Or sleep in, go swimming, have lunch, take a nap, and then show up at the parks at 5 pm & stay through the evening.

You're trying to force your family to go 12 or more hours a day in the parks. That's not a vacation, that's an endurance competition. No wonder you're all miserable.

For visitors with younger one (or who have a lot of energy), I always suggest Rope Drop but with afternoon breaks. These are crucial. I also suggest a one or two "rest days" built in where you don't visit the parks and don't wake up early. Maybe head to a water park in the afternoon or hang out by the pool.

With teenagers, we wake up between 9 and 10am, have a TS breakfast, and get to the parks between 11am and noon. We leave later in the evening. I must say that we've never had to wait longer than 25 minutes for an attraction with this strategy and we've never felt tired. Plus, sometimes we even build in a "rest day."

we have been many times over the years and day three is usually our 'hit the wall' day. if you don't feel you can slow it down and stay out of the park, hit one of the water parks. it is our favorite way to have a 'down' day. it is a lot of fun but takes a load of ones feet.

as others have stated, what good is it to cram it all in if your miserable. it's a vacation and it's your family's vacation. if the group is melting down, let them rest and relax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter