Day 3 - 01 Sept.

mrsapalm

<font color=FF0099>WDWWDS COO & Senior Exec. VP<fo
Sunday, 01 September
Woke at 7:00, legs were a tiny bit sore. I have short legs, so I tend to walk at a faster pace to keep up with those around me, thus the cause for the soreness.
We caught the bus to MGM, was there for rope drop. We quickly walked over to RnR at rope drop and rode it twice in an row. It's a fabulous ride - if you keep your eyes closed you are missing Everything!! Still too short for me, I wish it was a bit longer so there would be more to enjoy. I'm a lifelong Aerosmith fan, so this ride is such a treat for me in So Many Ways.
After that wake-up call, we beat feet to Star Tours, walked on to that ride, then took each other's picture on the Speeder. Can you believe I never even noticed it on previous trips? Thanks to the DIS, I knew what and where to look for this time!
We then hopped over to GMR - the queue took Forever, even though the posted wait was 10 minutes. I'd say we were in there, easily, 20 - 25 minutes. Enough time for the film to loop three times! We got the gangster scene, but the CM playing the gangster spoke so softly, we couldn't hear what she was saying.
After that, we headed back to ToT, where DH braved the creaky elevator and I sat in the gift shop area, waiting for him! After the honeymoon debacle (crying the whole time - not pretty), we both knew I wouldn't ride it. He showed me the ride picture - he always looks so staunch and somewhat bored at those picture moments... but he always exits with a smile. What a man!
We then decided a turkey leg for him would be in order, and I polished off a polish (get the pun?) hot dog. Yum! It was now time for the next showing of the BATB show, so we made our way to some not-bad seats in the theatre. I really liked the lyrical storytelling that the dancers performed - I can appreciate it as an art form and I loved the beauty of it all.
After that, it was time to test ourselves at WWTBAM. No luck for the hot seat this time... maybe next time! After that, we took in the Animation Tour. Now, I would've gotten a ton more out of this had I been able to hear above the din of about a dozen babies crying their heads off. The parents, meanwhile, wrangled them into each new seating area/viewing room, with little attempts at actually keeping them quiet. I frankly felt sorry for the animator making the drawing presentation, because nobody could hear him! It really upset me that these parents couldn't have the decency to remove themselves (and crying baby) from the tour or at least move them to the back of the room, for the sake of the Entire Group.
Clearing our heads, we decided to dine at the ABC Commissary for lunch. We both had the Tabbouleh Wraps. While I thoroughly enjoyed mine, DH was less than thrilled. It seems he assumed either chicken or beef would be part of the wrap (which is not the case), so the meatless product was met with little enthusiasm from him. I had to top off my lunch with an Ice Cream Cone from Gertie's... sooo good but I had to eat it fast to keep it from melting. We were able to catch Bunny Hop babbling on and on about her up-and-coming career (to the jeers of the other Streetmosphere Actors) and warble "Fever" to a thoroughly embarrassed Guest.
By then, I was baking, and it didn't help that there wasn't any breeze that day. We went to see the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular and ended up with front-row seats. Too bad no fans were pointed at the front row, so it was like sitting in a sauna, fully clothed. I got a bit fussy at this point, and the water we had wasn't cold... and for me water only quenches my thirst when it's cold, so waiting for the show to begin wasn't a pleasant experience. But, I did film the show and got some great close-ups (I zoom very well) of the action.
After that, we grabbed Curb Seats 10 Minutes Before The Parade!! I videoed that as well, and got great close-up footage as Dot (? I guess that's her name?) from Rolie Polie Olie shook hands with the Wee One standing next to me, then accidentally made the Wee One trip and fall onto me. Can anyone say America's Funniest Home Videos? Or how about, When Characters Attack? I got a laugh out of it, the Wee One was fine, and the mother apologized incessantly - but she didn't need to.
Anyway, after that, we left MGM and headed over to MK. Yes, we knew it would be crowded, but we also knew it would be the last chance to see the fireworks on our trip. DH got a fastpass for Splash, then we rode IASW.
Dinner was calling our names, so we decided to eat at Pecos Bill's. I'm sorry, but even the Fixin's Bar didn't make up for the in-stereo bawling of a number of Kinderfolk. That ceiling just seems to trap the cries of Wee Ones... so DH ate quickly, I scooped up my remaining dinner into one package, and we left a dust trail behind us as we made our way out of there.
We headed to the Frontierland Railroad Station and caught a ride around the park. There was a Stinky Smell we encountered as we pulled into the Toontown Fair Station. Perhaps the restrooms were backed up? :p
By the time we arrived back at Frontierland, DH was able to use his fastpass for Splash. I took a picture of him as his log rounded the corner. At that point, I hadn't had the courage to ride it yet (due to a traumatic crying incident at DL), but I still had plenty of time to do that!
From there, it was on to Main Street to position ourselves for the fireworks. We stood in the middle of Main Street, near the Bakery, and were treated to a wonderful view. I, video camera in hand once again, captured the event on film. We made our way to the tables by Casey's, after the fireworks ended, to wait out the impending surge of heads, arms, and legs making their way down Main Street to the Exits. After the surge made its way through, we strolled through Frontierland and Adventureland, then back to the castle, where we sat on a bench and took in the scenery as calm and peace settled over MK. Reluctantly, we finally made our own way to the Exits, then caught our bus back to CBR, and our waiting bed.
-MrsAPalm

I do love pecos bills and we found that if you don't want to be in the big part of the crowd in the dining room area.....go to the back where the taco place is....we did it again this trip...quiet and alone.....thanks so much for your report....I wish I had seen your green ribbons.....

Guess those babys were following you LOL

I think 'dot' is Zoe!

Thanks for the report!

We were at MGM that same morning too. I bet we rode RnR together cause we rode when there was no line too.

I've been enjoying reading your trip reports!
Jo

That "sauna effect" would be why I won't visit in Sept. ;) Sounds like you had a good day anyway, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter