Day 2 on the cruise

Grumpy0831

Earning My Ears
Sunday was a full day at sea. We decided to order room service for breakfast. I called it in, but order forms are in the desk drawer. Put the order out by 3am and they will deliver your breakfast. (supposedly...we had a problem w/ this later in the week which I will explain later.)

There a few problems with this order, also. We ordered oj and got apple juice, ordered apple danish and got chocolate. Lucky for us that is was all delicious anyway!

We decided to go to the church service on board. It was led by a young man from Michigan. About 40 people attended. It was a nice way to start the week and get to meet some new people. We sang, prayed, and listened to some wise words from this "young" man.

The wind was a big problem while trying to "catch some rays." A good place to go is on Deck 10, by the basketball courts. There are sheets of plexiglass that helped keep the wind to a minimum. Also, if you are trying to stay out of the direct sunlight, the blue, comfy chairs on Deck 4 are wonderful. Deck 4 is a great place to take a nap, read a book, enjoy the view of the sea.

We played Bingo today! Spent $35 won no cash, but did win a raffle drawing prize which consisted of a $10 arcade gift card and a free video e-mail! Bingo is a must-even if you just play one time. Ray is very entertaining and the jackpot was at $6000 on the last night. (It was one by 3 ppl-so they REALLY had a great cruise!!)

Also spent $3 on postcards and $4 on drinks...we started the spending off slow, but that end bill was a whopper!($800)

This night was the Captain's reception. Free alcohol! This is a great way to taste wild, exotic drinks. We then saw "Morty the Magnificent" which was very entertaining!

Dinner tonight was a traditional turkey dinner with all of the trimmings! It was excellent! Speaking of...I better go cook some dinner...days of rotating restaurants and waiters is over. (at least until out next cruise in March!!)

Day 3 to follow....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter