• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Day 17 of ROFR

lovinwdw

DIS Veteran
I'm slowly losing my mind. Searching out other contracts, just in case. Dreaming of our very first trip as DVC members to our happy place. Thinking of different ways to use our 180 points & checking 2015 school calendars. Can't concentrate on much else...AHHHHHH

I'm slowly losing my mind. Searching out other contracts, just in case. Dreaming of our very first trip as DVC members to our happy place. Thinking of different ways to use our 180 points & checking 2015 school calendars. Can't concentrate on much else...AHHHHHH

I am on day 27.... I feel your pain!

You should be hearing something soon!! Good luck!

Thanks! But man I just want to know at this point. The good news is, I can now start looking for other options since my deadline is almost up!

That way, IF Disney does decide to steal it away, I have a quick turnaround for my second chance.

I'm at day 27 too. And I am officially insane from the wait. Everytime the phone beeps I get excited and then immediately disappointed that it isn't news from TSS.

Is it a good or bad thing that I haven't yet heard anything at day 27?

Wish I knew!! I think I read that if Disney decides to buy the contract, the decision is made fairly quickly. So I'm thinking it's a good thing!

Wish I knew!! I think I read that if Disney decides to buy the contract, the decision is made fairly quickly. So I'm thinking it's a good thing!

Sometimes they decide early, and sometimes they string it out as long as possible just in case they need to steal it at the last minute. They're experts and keeping the process random and as nerve-racking as possible.

Sometimes they decide early, and sometimes they string it out as long as possible just in case they need to steal it at the last minute. They're experts and keeping the process random and as nerve-racking as possible.
Lol!! It's most definitely nerve wracking!! I'm losing my mind!

I'm at day 27 too. And I am officially insane from the wait. Everytime the phone beeps I get excited and then immediately disappointed that it isn't news from TSS.

Is it a good or bad thing that I haven't yet heard anything at day 27?

Yeah, i have to remember NOT to answer the phone with, "oh, it's just you, what do you want?"

We just sent our deposit and paperwork in certified mail today for a resale. When does the ROFR time period start and how long does Disney have to decide?

Wow... talk about timing. Just got an email letting me know we passed our ROFR. Well worth the wait!

They have 30 days from the day your agent gets it to disney.

That's not technically accurate, but it's a good rule of thumb.

Technically, you have to give Disney at least 30 days before you're scheduled to close. You can close after 30 days, but they have until you close to exercise ROFR. That's why every reputable title company will wait until they receive a waiver before they schedule closing. We've seen the process take anywhere from 22 to 35 days recently.

That's not technically accurate, but it's a good rule of thumb. Technically, you have to give Disney at least 30 days before you're scheduled to close. You can close after 30 days, but they have until you close to exercise ROFR. That's why every reputable title company will wait until they receive a waiver before they schedule closing. We've seen the process take anywhere from 22 to 35 days recently.
NOOOOOOOO!!! Ugh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter