Day 1 of 6 : I thought there would have been snow!

tiring_day

<font color=green>Founder member of the DJP<br><fo
Day 1 of 6 : I thought there would have been snow!

Cast
DH (steve) - 39 (too close to 40) - 3rd trip to DLP too many trips to WDW
DW (Tracey) - age undisclosed - as above plus one to WDW
DS (Josh) - 3 - 2nd trip to DLP, will be going to WDW when he is older

I dedicate this TR to my wife Tracey, note taker and co-writer. Because if it was left to me it would never get done.

Sunday 4th January 2009

We flew out of Newcastle with Easyjet, after flying with them in May we had no Qualms about using them again. We were given Special Assistance boarding as Josh was under 5 which helped. It was a fairly uneventful flight apart from Josh who likes to play with the window blind and tray table during take off and landing after the flight crew told everyone to leave them alone.

Waiting at newcastle.
DSC00917.jpg

Josh and his Plane.
DSC00923.jpg

We could not believe just how easy the next part of the journey went, the flight arrived Paris Charles de Gaulle ten past six – earlier than expected. We very quickly went through passport control and collected our luggage, as we came through arrivals RS Transport were there waiting for us and we were whisked off to a minibus. Our driver had a bit of urgency about him and it took 30mins form CDG to NPB, Josh was really trying to stay awake but fell asleep for the end of the journey.

We arrived Disney’s Newport Bay at ten past seven, Josh instantly woke up again.. We were met as we came off the minibus by bell services after explaining we were on the Admirals floor. After a very speedy check in, given passes, HB+ vouchers and hotel pass we were in our room and our bags arrived 5 mins later. We noticed there was no kettle in our room – so we rang housekeeping and they sent one straight up. We did like the personal touch of a cuddly toy for Josh and chocolate coins on the bed every evening.

We had brought some sandwiches and snacks with us which we quickly scoffed, then we thought we would leave our unpacking and head straight to Disneyland to ride Pirates of the Caribbean as it closed for refurbishment from tomorrow. So on went the cold weather clothing and out we went.

We were in the park just after eight o’clock, there was no queue for Pirates so we walked straight on – Josh rode it but wasn’t really sure and as we came to the exit they said we could stay on but Josh decided no. Josh said it was too dark and he is afraid of the dark but this is the same boy who hides in the airing cupboard and in his wardrobe in pitch blackness giggling, go figure. Next we rode one of Josh’s favourite – Dumbo the Flying Elephant – again there was no queue.

Me and my groovy hat on Dumbo.
PICT0148.jpg

Then it was off to ride Peter Pan – which was much better than when we rode it in May as this time you could see a lot more things – again there was no queue. We missed Candlebration as we wanted to push a few rides in but took some pictures of the wonderful castle, it looked so much better in the dark as in May they lit it in broad daylight which really wasn't effective.

A few of the castle.
DSC00940.jpg

DSC00941.jpg

DSC00936.jpg

DSC00933.jpg

DSC00937.jpg

DSC00932.jpg

We arrived back at the Newport Bay at quarter to ten.

The only time I got this shot with no snow.
DSC00947.jpg

We had taken coffee and hot chocolate vendor cups with us so we enjoyed these and some shortbread and it was time for bed. Josh was still hyper and he eventually went to sleep at quarter to eleven shortly followed by two very tired parents.

One day down and many more to go, next it snows.

steve

Fantastic photos Steve.

Josh is so adorable bless him, no goes on Small World then ;) lol.

A great start with lovely photos:thumbsup2 Love the pic of Josh with his plane:goodvibes

I don't usually blow my own trumpet but how good are those photo's of Sleeping Beauty's castle. Have just been getting a new computer and monitor and OMG they look so much sharper and more colourful.

steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter