Dax's Journal

Doe,

Just when a guy finds his niche on the WISH board, you gotta go and find more guys!:mad:

Just kidding, I was really enjoying the notoriety of my little sign off (TOFGIA) but I am sure I will find something else to make myself stand out...Hey maybe I could be like the Star Trek Voyager character, you know 7 of 9, only I could be 1 of 3!! What do you think? (More useless trivia for you, the actress who played 7 on Voyager graduated from High School in my hometown, Paducah, KY)

Anyway, everything is going well, I haven't weighed for a week, I thought I would chill and see how that would go, you guys know how maddening it is for me to compare weight on all the different scales!

Well, I think I will check in on the other folks journals...

Til Later,

1 of 3 signing out!

Dax

Sorry, Dax! :( Didn't mean to burst your bubble - just thought you might appreciate some TOM-free "guy talk" around here. :crazy:

Besides, I like "1 of 3" better, because you can use it for a lot longer. If you hang around here and keep exercising & eating healthy you won't be "TOFGIA" for long! ::yes:: You've gotta stop thinking of yourself as fat! You may be carrying a little extra weight at the moment but that's only a temporary thing - it isn't "who you are".

OK, enough philosophy for this early in the morning! :p Have a great Friday! :sunny:

Hey Dax,
I like that 1 out of 3 title too. Your posts always make me laugh. Thanks!::yes::

Sounds like you're still on track and doing a great job! Keep up the good work!

Have a great Friday,
Tracy:wave2:

Hey Dax,
I was just thinking ( :eek: uh oh ) ... with your new title.......... 1 of 3... will you have to change it to 1 of 4 when your baby arrives in June? Hmmmm....:scratchin Just wondering??!!:duck: ;)

Have a great Friday!

Tracy:teeth: :wave2:

Happy Easter Dax! :wave:

Hope that you're having a relaxing weekend. Enjoy that vacation from the scales! I'm going to miss TOFGIA signature, though the 1 of 3 is pretty catchy, too. :)

~Angela :wave2:

LOL Oh man you're not a Star Trek geek too? I'm surrounded!!! I swear!

Seriously, I hope you guys had a great Easter. (Was the Easter bunny good to you and your family this year?)

Ya'll sure put a butt whoopin to Ms. State yesterday in Baseball. I tell you we sure looked like, well, you know. (This is a Disney site so I can't say what I really mean!) Maybe next week will be better for LSU.

Have a good week!

Hey Dax, 1 of 3 , Trivia Dude or what ever your name is today-:teeth:

Just wanted to check in on ya and see how things are going -
hope you and your family had a great Easter!

Have a great one-

Desiree, Did Kentucky really win a baseball game?!? You know it hasn't even thawed out up here yet for baseball. Thanks for the Easter wishes...and yes, I am somewhat of a Trekkie. Duh, Don't you remember Jadzia Dax ! She must have copied my name, what do you think? By the way how is LSU doing in Baseball, I do pull for you guys even though my wife is a Miss. State grad. Those darn cowbells are too much to endure! My boy Blake, just got better and better at the Easter Egg hunts. He went to three and I must say those hip checks I taught him really came in handy! LOL

Gadiz: Where did "Gadiz" come in. I'm interested because one of the towns I supervise in is Cadiz. You know that I am up for any trivia you wanna throw at me. I pride myself in my well roundedness of subjects. My specialities are 80's songs and performers, sports trivia of any kind and geography to name a few. If you are ever on Millionaire, I would make a very nice phone a friend!

Toystory: I am glad you enjoy my posts, I really love all of your guys posts! (And being the ham I am, I love humor!)

Back to the Saga of 1 of 3. Today we find the hero of our story just returned from Bible Study and his weekly basketball game! Not to brag, but I call them like I see them and he was "magnificent". It is amazing that the Kentucky Wildcats did not recruit this physical specimen out of high school! LOL

Well my brother came and played ball tonight. It is really funny, my brother and I are alot like the Everly Brothers..(50's and 60's crooners...Wake up little Susie etc...) you know... one of the brothers was kinda skinny as a kid and one was kinda chunky and then when they got older, they flopped. Well, my brother was the chunky football playing, baseball catcher and I was the svelte pitcher and basketball player, now though he is 5'9 175 and big bro is 6'0 272. Oh well, big bro is coming on down.

One last thing, we discussed in Bible Study tonight how important it is for men when they feel temptation to have a personal accountability friend that they can confide in and lean on when they need one, I related how Disney WISH has been my accountability partner and I want to thank all of you for that! I mean it from the bottom of my heart!

Well 1 of 3 is signing off!

Later,

Dax

Thanks for replying to my journal. You have really come a long way and have such a great attitude!!! :)

:wave: Carol

Dax, won't your brother be surprised as you "come on down" (sounds like a game show!) to a weight closer to his!

I used to watch Star Trek - the original with William Shatner - every day after school! I still wish I could have a real tribble, as long as it wasn't pregnant! :eek: I only caught the newer series a few times but I really liked Patrick Stewart and whoever played Capt. Janeway as captains. I gave up on the whole Deep Space Nine thing though - never liked that one much.

Glad you found the WISH Journals to help you stay accountable! I know my journal and the people I've met here, including you, have helped me in ways I never could have imagined. Thanks for hangin' out with us!

Hi Dax-
Oh, sounds like you and your brother had a great time playing basketball. You just keep it up and before ya know it- you and he will be "twins" ;)

As for my user name-gadizlover would probably get easier to figure out if I had GAdizlover

ga- Georgia
diz- "Dizney"
lover- I love Disney! :earsgirl: :earsboy:
Sorry to confuse ya!
I'm originally from FL and use to go to Disney alot- now I'm further away but I still love it! In fact right now I'm plotting -um I mean suggesting -to DH its time to go again.

And I'm glad to know you are up on the 80's songs, I am always trying to remember the name of songs I used to listen to. I'll just hum a few bars " lalalada ladedela" - do ya think you can help me figure it out?:p

Live long and prosper -

Hey Dax,
Sounds like your basketball game went well! I agree with Julie... with your determination and hard work, you and your brother will be twins in no time at all. Then, you can come to the Twins Days Festival and say hi!:teeth: :wave2: :wave2:

I appreciate what you said about the WISH boards being your accountability on your weight loss journey. It has been a great source of accountability and encouragement for me too. Plus, it's a lot of fun!::yes::

Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

Tracy:wave2:

Hi Dax! :wave:

Sounds like you're getting as much from your journal as I'm getting from mine. I didn't think it would make as much of a difference as it has. The accountability and support here matches anything I'm receiving in my "real world", and that's saying a lot.

I hope that you're having a great week!

~Angela :wave2:

:wave: Dax,

I just finished reading your journal. My Dh had to ask me just what I was laughing so much about. Thanks, I needed to laugh tonight. I just wanted to say Congratulations on all the weight you've lost. With your sense of humor and determination, I know you will be at goal. It also helps that your wife can cook a mean steak. Oh, your questions about a MD's scale. They aree supposed to be calibrated every week, but are ususally done monthly or yearly. They are easy to calibrate, but expensive. I'd suggest that ou use only 1 scale (The one that reads the lowest weight of course) and throw the others out the window. Actually, if you leave them on the porch, there are quite a few women around here that specialize in scale smashing.;)

Congrats on expecting a new baby in June. Do you know if it is a boy or a girl, or do you like surprises?

Have a great evening.
Beth

Hello everyone,

Strings: Thanks for the post. We do not know, because DW does not want to know...as if I can't keep a secret! Thanks for the advice on scales. I have just decided that I will apply for pole climbing school when I am below 275 on all the scales that I weigh on, just to be safe.

Well another day in telephone land. Today I got to journal my daily activities so that they can make all of us first level managers clones of each other! I have suggested making all the managers in my area have to eat 4 buffets per day to bulk them up to me! My good friend who is the manager in Paducah, weighs just about 100 lbs less than I do and told me he intends to stay that way. I have told him he better prepare to be 100 lbs, cause I am coming down baby!

Trivia for the evening: (Ladies if you don't know the answer check with your hubbies) This question I have been asking since I was 12 (i am now 33) and it has only been answered correctly once!

What is the greatest number of hits a baseball team can get in an inning without scoring a run? Obviously you can guess a number, but if you do, you must explain how! In case you or hubby are wondering, this is not a trick question, all you need is a little baseball knowledge and possibly a rule book!

Well gotta run!

1 of 3 signing off (although I have never seen the other 2)

Dax

If 3 batters each get single hits and advance a base in that order. The first batter would be on third (provided the outfielders don't have a really good arm to be able to throw the baserunners out which would mean a fielder's choice. OR, if they do get those runners out it could be 6 if they can get the baserunners while in the process of running. 3 hits = 3 bases, 6 hits = (3 baserunners for 3 outs + 3 more hits).

Ok 6 is my final answer.

ARGH!

I must know the answer!!!! Tell me tell me tell me tell me.

This is going to drive me crazy all day!

Hi Dax - Trivia Dude-

Hmmm not much of a baseball expert- I just like to watch my son play, if you call a bunch of kids chasing balls around the field playing.

To me it appears the easy answer is 6 , same reason Desiree said- 3 up then 3 more up while outs at home, but since it appears obvious it is probably not right- so maybe one batter got thrown out because he had his hat on backwards or forgot to get the correct amount of chew in his mouth (Ucky!) or if its the 4th Tues and you are the home team, and two birds cross paths overhead during the 3rd inning you get an extra at bat.

Ok, so what is the answer???

:p

Have a great one!

Dax,

I have never really thought about that one. 2 of my DS's play baseball, so it's not like I don't get exposed to it. I do watch the Braves occasionally. Oh well...I am looking forward to finding out the answer.

Carol

You are doing great!:Pinkbounc

Ok,

Ladies the answer is 6. However in your examples, you would only have had 5 hits because the out you make on the last one is not counted as a hit. It is a fielders choice or a force out, which does not count as a hit.

Ok, here is the correct scenario:

3 hits to load the bases. Pick off the runners on second and third. 2 more hits loads the bases for 5 hits. The next batter hits the ball, which strikes the runner on third who has to be standing in fair territory. The runner on third is called out for interference, however the batter is credited with a base hit on the scorebook.

Oh well, you can now all thrill your significant other with your baseball knowledge!

Gotta run,

1 of 3 out of here!

Dax

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter