Davy Jones (The Monkees) has passed away

:hug:THanks for posting this, Robo.

Davy-

I will also be a Daydream Believer thanks to you.

R I P :grouphug:

So many people will miss him. Condolences to his family. We can still remember him in song....I will always be a Daydream Believer!

:sad1:
My favorite episode of The Brady Bunch was when Davy was on. He was even in the first Brady Bunch movie.
.. Girl, look what you've done to me...

RIP, Davy. You were cool.

It's funny - I was never a Monkees fan back in the day but Davey at Epcot really won me over with his energy, his showmanship and his obvious talent.

He will be missed.

Give a listen if you can get in, sort of poignant at the moment.

http://www.davyjones.net/

Yet another who at the tender age of 4 had a huge crush on Davy Jones in the early 70's. He will be dearly missed!

Bummer, He was actually going to be performing the weekend we were down there.

Thoughts & Prayers

He was going to be there when we were there too and I was SO looking forward to seeing him!!!! RIP Davy. You will TRULY be missed here!

Oh nooooo......! I ADORED the Monkees & Davy was my fav! I had his poster in my room.
(Guess I am dating myself!) That's such sad, sad news. Our May trip ends before the weekend when he was scheduled to perform, and I was feeling sorry that I'd be missing it.
I'm sure he put on a great show, and he will be missed. :(

It would be great if they did a tribute to him (rather than getting someone to replace him).

That's exactly what I was thinking. I hope they somehow acknowledge him - not just replace him. Wonder if they could get Mickey Dolenz and Peter Tork - they had been planning a tour together in June.

The Great Band in the Sky just got a new lead singer. :littleangel:

Won't that be a glorious choir!?!

I was also in the 5th grade when The Monkees first aired on TV! Even though I denied liking them, I secretly bought Tiger Beat magazines! I'm glad I was able to see Davy several times at Epcot for the Flower and Garden concerts.

Another who was in 5th grade and loved the Monkees! My favorite was Micky Dolenz.

I will miss him so much. I remember watching 'The Monkees' reruns on Nick at Nite when I was a kid in the 80's. I loved that show, along with all of the other older shows that they played! It made me wish I was born in the 50's or 60's! Things were so much more innocent back then. We'll miss you, Davy!

I was so sad when I heard the news. My husband and I were lucky enough to see him perform 2 years in a row at Epcot (2010 & 2011) He was an amazing performer and so talented. He connected with the crowd and made everyone watching feel special.
His wife Jessica joined him on stage and danced - she is an excellent dancer. It would be wonderful if she could dance to some of his songs as a tribute this year when he was scheduled to perform again in May. RIP Davy and Thank you for the memories! <3

The concert series page on the Disney website already has taken him off and replaced him with "To Be Determined." Not sure if they'll actually replace him with another act or not.

I first saw Davy Jones in an episode of The Brady Bunch. My mom was showing me her favorite shows from the 60s and 70s. I've been a fan of Davy ever since.

I remember the British Invasion over at Epcot (wish they were still playing) used to joke about his band.

"Hello, everyone! Great to see your lovely faces today. As you adults out there are aware, we are the British Invasion. And if you have little ones, just tell them we're The Monkees." :laughing:

Oh nooooo......! I ADORED the Monkees & Davy was my fav! I had his poster in my room.
(Guess I am dating myself!)

You're not dating yourself, I'm in college and I still have an autographed photo hanging in my dorm room.

It's just so sad. Davy and all the Monkees were a big part of my childhood. Believe me, the Monkee marathon has begun--Head and 33 1/3 revolutions per Monkee anyone?

I believe Davy was my first official crush. I loved the Monkees and also was lucky enough to take my own kids to see them when they did their reunion tour.

My son (now 22) called me last night to reminisce about the outdoor concert and how much fun he had dancing on the grass to the Monkees!

He will be missed!

6795612866_0801bd870a_b.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter