David's vacation club??

kathy87

Mouseketeer
Hi I am hopping someone can help me... I rented points from David's at OKW, friends of ours are staying at the Beach Club the same week. We didn't realize that we could not pool hop and would not be able to hang out with them in the afternoons at the pool. We perfectly understand this but it is definitely putting a damper on our trip with the kids wanting to hang with their friends. I know David's has a no cancellation policy but does any one see anyway that we can get out of this situation besides eating the cost of OKW and paying an outrageous amount of money for the Beach Club? Thank you for any suggestions:confused3

Why not check to see if room available at BCV and move if allowed. I don't rent so not sure if changing is allowed.

Good luck

Hi I am hopping someone can help me... I rented points from David's at OKW, friends of ours are staying at the Beach Club the same week. We didn't realize that we could not pool hop and would not be able to hang out with them in the afternoons at the pool. We perfectly understand this but it is definitely putting a damper on our trip with the kids wanting to hang with their friends. I know David's has a no cancellation policy but does any one see anyway that we can get out of this situation besides eating the cost of OKW and paying an outrageous amount of money for the Beach Club? Thank you for any suggestions:confused3

It will cost you more to rent points for BCV if they have the same size villa available. And if you are more than seven months out, the owner of the points will have to have BCV points to book the stay. If you are less than seven months out, the owner might be able to rebook the stay if it is available.

If your friend is a DVC member staying at BCV on a DVC reservation, they could hop over to OKW. Otherwise, both of you are limited to the resort you booked at. Pool hopping is not transferrable to renters. In fact, renters are not entitled to any DVC perks.

If your friend is a DVC member staying at BCV on a DVC reservation, they could hop over to OKW. Otherwise, both of you are limited to the resort you booked at. Pool hopping is not transferrable to renters. In fact, renters are not entitled to any DVC perks.

This is what I was thinking too.

BCV has Stormalog Bay - almost a water park. Since it's so huge and special, only BC, YC, and BCV guests can stay.

Thank you for the responses. I think I am just going to have to eat the cost of OKW. This trip was for the kids and if they can't hang out together there really is no point of us going. It is a lot of money but so far I just can't come up with another solution. I should have thought the whole situation out better. It is not like me but my husband was going through cancer treatment when I booked and I was side tracked by what was going on at home. Please make sure when you rent from David's Vacation Club that you do not need to cancel for any reason. Unfortunately our friends are not DVC members and are looking very forward to staying at the Beach Club so I guess this is just a very expensive lesson learned. Thanks for listening:sad1:

Thank you for the responses. I think I am just going to have to eat the cost of OKW. This trip was for the kids and if they can't hang out together there really is no point of us going. It is a lot of money but so far I just can't come up with another solution. I should have thought the whole situation out better. It is not like me but my husband was going through cancer treatment when I booked and I was side tracked by what was going on at home. Please make sure when you rent from David's Vacation Club that you do not need to cancel for any reason. Unfortunately our friends are not DVC members and are looking very forward to staying at the Beach Club so I guess this is just a very expensive lesson learned. Thanks for listening:sad1:

Why not just contact David and see if you can change the reservation?

Man, you must be incredibly wealthy. Because you're intending to spend several hundred dollars extra every day, so kids can hang out at a specific pool in the afternoons?

Stormalong bay is pretty neat. But not that neat. Have them over to OKW, or maybe buy them all tickets to a real Disney water park for a couple days. That would be a lot cheaper than what you're proposing, and blizzard beach beats stormalong bay any day.

In the end it's your money. But you're indicating you're going to throw away thousands of dollars just to have a different resort pool. It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion. Horrible, yet I cannot turn away.

Good luck with your final decision.

Thanks I think I will give it a try but the trip is only 2 weeks away and you know how fast the Beach Club sells out!

I hope you can book the Beach Club - it can be very difficult to get much of the year - and we are entering into the season in which its impossible to book. So even if you are willing to eat the cost, doesn't mean the room will be available.

How about the cheaper alternative of hanging out in the parks and meeting at waterparks?

Thanks I think I will give it a try but the trip is only 2 weeks away and you know how fast the Beach Club sells out!

With only two weeks out, I don't think you are going to have much luck in getting BCV. It looks pretty much sold out for studios and one bedroom villas for the next few weeks/months.

It may be less expensive to all go to water parks to hang out together, if you can't change your reservation. Stormalong Bay is wonderful but the water parks are even better. It seems like you are taking the full financial hit. Can't there be a compromise, so you don't bear all of the cost? Especially given the reason you booked elsewhere.

Believe me I am not wealthy just trying to make this a special trip since we have all been through a tough several months! I am usually very frugal but I guess when you go through a health scare, happiness is more important than money to some extent.:(.

Sorry, I didn't read Msmithmd's response. Agree the water parks may be an option. Depending on their ages, they may love Disney Quest, too.

You can now use points for the Beach Club regular rooms, you could ask to check that. The points required is higher than the villas but it might be cheaper than just throwing away the OKW reservation and rebooking BC through Disney.

You can now use points for the Beach Club regular rooms, you could ask to check that. The points required is higher than the villas but it might be cheaper than just throwing away the OKW reservation and rebooking BC through Disney.

Is that new? Or am I confusing the policy? I thought you couldn't use points to stay in the non DVC side of a DVC resort, that that wasn't part of the Disney collection that you could exchange into with points plus the $95 fee.

If I were you OP I would either invite your friends to come over to OKW (assuming they are DVC members because pool hopping is a member privilege) or else plan on visiting the water parks. They have much more to do anyway than the BC pool.

Is that new? Or am I confusing the policy? I thought you couldn't use points to stay in the non DVC side of a DVC resort, that that wasn't part of the Disney collection that you could exchange into with points plus the $95 fee.

They've added back all the non-DVC resorts and made them available to trade into.

As KAT4DISNEY posted, it is new. It's on the front page of dvcmember.com. You have to log in to see the point charts.

Disney Collection adds more options
The Disney Collection has officially expanded, adding six Walt Disney World Resorts to Members’ menu of options.

The new additions include Disney’s Art of Animation Resort and traditional hotel rooms at five resorts in the Disney Vacation Club neighborhood – Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney’s Beach Club Resort, Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, Disney’s Contemporary Resort and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.

Updated points charts are available here on DVCMember.com.

If the member the OP is renting from is using resale points purchased after March 2011, this wouldn't be an option. And even if it is an option, it's an expensive one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter