• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Davids Bridal

I just recently purchased my wedding gown from David's Bridal. I have heard nothing but mixed reviews about their customer service (more bad than good), and I was very hesitant to make an appointment with them. However, I was looking to purchase a ball gown and I just couldn't find the style I was looking for in my price range anywhere else..So I gave in and made an appointment with DB. I do admit, their stores are a little hectic and unorganized but our sales consultant was WONDERFUL! Once we got passed our first impressions of the store as a whole and just focused on the quality and pricing of their dresses, it made my decision to buy my dress from DB a whole lot easier. I sat on my decision for a couple of weeks and even tried to find my dress (or something similar) at other boutiques just because of everything I have heard about David's...but I had no luck. In the end, I made another appointment with DB to try on the dress one more time and ended up purchasing it..on SALE! :banana:
I just love the way it looks and I know it's "the one". :lovestruc

I am still contemplating whether or not I will have my alterations done at DB..but there is still plenty of time for that.

Had a horrible experience there as well, needed an appointment to just look at dresses, did not know this ahead of time, lady was snotty, plus they don't do free alterations you need your own seamstress, not so easy to find nowadays, I went back to the local owned bridal shop where I had found a dress I really liked but still unsure and wanted to see other dresses but after going to David's and seeing the other selections I knew that was the dress for me anyways, and the local shop does alterations with no charge and were just awesome with service. Family owned usually is better than chains most of the time IMO anyways.

Had a horrible experience there as well, needed an appointment to just look at dresses, did not know this ahead of time, lady was snotty, plus they don't do free alterations you need your own seamstress, not so easy to find nowadays, I went back to the local owned bridal shop where I had found a dress I really liked but still unsure and wanted to see other dresses but after going to David's and seeing the other selections I knew that was the dress for me anyways, and the local shop does alterations with no charge and were just awesome with service. Family owned usually is better than chains most of the time IMO anyways.

Wow, I can't believe you found a shop that does alterations at no charge! That's amazing!! :) I worked in a bridal shop for years and I've never, ever heard of one that doesn't charge.

And it might have been that you just went into David's on a busy day ... I made at least 5 visits to different David's stores to try dresses on before buying and never once had an appointment.

I'm glad though that you found a dress and shop that worked out for you! :goodvibes

I had a wonderful experience at DB. My mom and I walked in at 5:00 pm on a Monday evening just to browse, and I walked out having purchased my dress. Our sales assistant was lovely and very patient. My mother ended up going back to the same DB to get her dress, and she had a positive experience as well. My sister, who lives about two hours away from me, and I went to another DB near her to look at MOH dresses. Again, we had great service. The sales assistant there even found my dress so that I could try it on for my sister! We also got my niece's FG dress there.

My bridal party and I were very pleased with the service and our purchases from David's Bridal.

You pay for the dress when you order it, so I was already out the money. There are no returns or refunds. The manager did not care at all, she basically said if I do not pay them for alterations then they do not care because they already got my money. The seamstress is going to steam my dress after altering it.

And for the record, I refused to sign the slip saying I got my dress because I was unhappy with the condition and they have left me 3 messages demanding I come pick it up they do not "store" dresses for free. My fiance thinks I should go in and try to pick it up again and cause a fuss when they can't find it. I am not planning to do that, but it does make me chuckle every time they leave me a nastier phone message to come get the dress.

Do not do business with them, they are the worst! You have to pay when you order and then just "trust" them to get it right.

Isn't there some way to report them to like BBB or something? That just seems wrong on so many levels. After reading so many stories I will not be shopping there!

I went to DB to try on dresses and was very unhappy with the selection. The sales woman I had was VERY pushy and kept giving me dresses that were nothing like what I told her I wanted.
I actually ended up with a DB dress that I bought on CL. It was brand new and still had tags! I had to have it taken in and I dd use DB (a different one than where I tried on dresses) and I wish I had used someone else. There was nothing really wrong with it but it could have been taken in a little more to fit better. It looks perfect in the photos so that's all I care about now!

DB keeps leaving me messages almost daily demanding I come pick up my dress immediately, they do not store them for free and my dress is taking up their valuable storage room. The messages are getting increasingly nasty which I find more amusing. The messages are so rude! I have had my dress for weeks. I refused to sign the slip accepting delivery until the steamed or pressed it which they refused to do and apparently the slip went back into the "not picked up" pile.

I used DB thinking I was going to hate it. I more did it as my first place just to try on different styles. Then I ended up falling in love with a dress :goodvibes I took my mom back and she made me try on like 15 more dresses and I def new the one I had tried was it! I got a dress that is a knock-off of a 5K dress for $950 and the best part is that it looks expensive. My mom offered to spend a lot more but I feel guilty to go over 1K for a dress I will only wear for a half a day. I have ordered all my BM and MOH dress from there too. My MOH's dress had a broken zipper, she couldn't get it to unzip the first time she put it on at home. We took it back and they replaced it, no problem.

Maybe it just depends on the location you use :confused3

It really must be the location! I bought my dress from DB last year and they were great! I also had very young girls though, maybe 20s & early 30s? If that matters? I think they were a little ecstatic to help me find my perfect dress :goodvibes I wasn't planning on buying one that day but I did! I found it & loved it! It was totally not what I was thinking in my head, but I'm busty & needed something to strap me in & the girls were totally helpful with that.. Once I bought it the 4 girls stood around & clapped and gave me hugs that I found my dress.. I picked out a headpiece too & they gave me a couple things for free (not sure if they were supposed to but I won't turn a free-anything down! =P I think they were trying to get rid of it anyway) I also went later at night though when I knew many people wouldn't be in the store.. maybe 6 or 7 pm I think. =) It must be the location, really!!! D: Or maybe I just lucked out in finding newer girls to the bridal business? Who knows, but I had a wonderful time at this DB store, but now that I read girls are paying an arm & a leg for alterations I might go elsewhere for them...

It's just like every other kind of customer service, it varies by store and person.

I went to one with my best friend two years ago when she got married, and they were pushy and rude. The consultant she had kept telling her to try on more dresses. It didn't matter that she was wearing the one she had already bought and was taking home that day.

The woman was awful with compliments, too. I was trying on BM dresses, and most of them looked horrible on me. My friend and I knew they were bad, but the lady just kept trying to tell me I looked like supermodel. Haha. You could tell they were exaggerated and fake. It made me really uncomfortable.

When I went to pick up my BM dress, I had a different lady at the counter. She wasn't mean or anything, but she seemed like you could've blown up the store and she wouldn't have cared.

I went in last winter with my mom to browse wedding dresses just in case the dress I wanted got discontinued before I could order it. They had one similar that I had seen online. I didn't know we needed an appointment, and the lady who was at the table was kind of a b***h when I asked how long it would be to wait for an open slot. She was rude, and sighed frequently, but she said there was an opening at 3:30 (two and a half hours later).

I told her I specifically only wanted to try on ONE dress and would only need a few minutes, but she refused to even listen to me and repeated the wait. I resigned, took the appointment, and mom and I went to try and figure out what to do because that time was going to put us late for meeting my brother.

The assistant manager came over about fifteen minutes later and asked what dress I wanted to see. I walked her straight to it, she pulled it off the rack, and I was in it in less than ten minutes. She was super nice and not pushy at all. When I told her I had a different dress I liked better, she asked me about it. After I described it, she told me what I was in was really pretty, but I should get the other dress if that was the one I wanted.

I had really good experiences with DB. I found one dress in Toronto and bought it for my VR. Later I found the same dress in my favourite colour in the Orlando store. The sales lady was so helpful--shipped it to my hotel and it arrived on time in perfect condition. My buget was small so they were perfect for me. I was only going to wear the dress once so I just wanted something that looked good on me. It did. Worked for me.

I loved my experience at DB. The lady I had listened to what I wanted and brought out the dresses I had requested. She even snuck in one that I hadn't mentioned to her. I didnt even know the dress had been made. it was the last one I tried on. She handed it to me and said "I know you want to feel like a princess w/ the pickups and I thought of this dress when you said that, its the only one that this store will ever see so if it fits and you love it its yours." I tried it on, OMG FELL IN LOVE. It was THE DRESS. I didnt want to take it off. I was so thrilled she went above and beyond what I asked of her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter