David Blaine - Above the Below

Hilary

There's always something new to learn!
Just been watching some of the (incredibly overdone!) build up to this.

I don't really know what to make of it, or of David Blaine. When the programme started I said to DD "I don't understand why the media seem to dislike him so much". After half an hour of watching him, I think I understand better! :rolleyes:

That said, some of the street magic I've seen shown is absolutely amazing, but the 'major stunts' leave me cold.

What do you think?

I didn't see it Hilary but my older son is a David Blane fan, particularly, as you say, the street magic.

When you say the 'major stunts' leave you cold, are you alluding to the block of ice stunt :teeth: ?

I confess Im a major David Blaine fan, and have followed him from before the Streets of magic was shown on TV.
Ive decided that he must be an Alien, to do the things he does LOL!!!. I think he is a very clever and very strong man, and beleives in pushing himself to the limit!.
I watched him last night before he went into the box, and this isnt blaines normal manner, so dont think he should be judged on that!, as he says he does go inside himself before he does these things, and that was his way of coping with the build up.

That said DH is taking me to London next saturday, to see him again, didnt think he would survive the ice block, but think this is worse. gonna take a couple of piccies, coz lets face it if he does this its gonna go down in the history books!.

Sadly Im excited about going on saturday!!,

Jules

Im at The US Embassey on Weds for my visa so hopefuly if Ive time ill be going to have a look at David Blaine,I too am a fan If he pulls this of hes a VERY strong person,Respect

It bores me to death - I just can't bear it, although dds tell me that the latest persona is all false and that the street magic David Blane is far more likeable.

Does anyone know what will be the closet tube station to go to have a look at the stunt.

Is it Tower Hill station?

Wot a bore - sorry, but he doesn't do a thing for me, especially when I found out his "good friend" is Uri Gellar:eek: :rolleyes: Don't know who to pity most out of the pair of them;)

Give me Paul Daniels and "the lovely Debbie McGee" anyday:p (only joking:rolleyes: ).

Kazzie,

Yes - Tower Hill tube will be closest station - just across the river.

Sam,

I too just don't get it.

Thanks Shaun:p

Did you read about the people trying to disturb his sleep.hilarious;)

Dear lord people, why the fuss/interest/anything about this... it's a bloke sitting in a box, WOOHOO sounds like a barrel of laughs to me :rolleyes:
Wasn't the ice block one proved a fake as well?
And has anyone actually tested the 'water' that's going in, could be stuffed full of glucose/vitamins/minerals etc, everything a chunky fella like blaine could possibly need!?

Loada guff if you ask me, feel free to go look at 'a man in a box' but please stop flooding the tv with this trash, there's much better trash they could be showing... :p

I think that his street magic is incredible - people always look so amazinlgy overwhelmed when they see what he has done. His card tricks especially are just amazing.
I think this seems a bit strange and I have no idea on Earth why anybody would want to sit in a box for 44 nights - he is just completely and utterly MAD IMO.

Zigatoh - I have heard that the 'water' has been tested by numerous people and companies.

either way it's nothing special, i read in the sun about someones dad who did 70 odd days on water and cigarrettes alone back in the 30's... blaine's just a rip off ;)

PS goin tomorrow!!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

It takes on a whole new meaning when you actually go down and see him,I watched and tried to figure it in my head! Im a fan so Id a lot of respect,Hes doing an amazing thing,
I was talking to one of his security guards and asked if the burger and onion smells is a problem and he said he wont even be aware as hell put his mind in another place,
He gave me a wave and I took a pic my eldest daughter is over the moon!!
I wish i had time to stay longer but my 350 mlie bus trip home was waiting!

blaine's just a rip off

Says a person, who reads the SUN newspaper
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Horse

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter