Davenport Area?

Tracy0315

Mouseketeer
We are looking at renting a vacation home in the Davenport area. Is this a good area, and about how far is it to Disney?

Thanks for any help,
Tracy :wave2:

Tracy:

I rented a home in Davenport for August 2007 and was told that it is about 20-30 min to Disney depending on traffic, 30-40 minutes to Universal/Seaworld and an hour to an hour and 15 min to Busch Gardens.

Darcy

Funny I live in the Davenport area and it is 12 miles to the parks and I am there in about 15 mins.

Davenport is a pretty large area so it depends where your home is located.

I can be to either coast in about an hour and 15 mins.

We live in the Tampa Bay area. When we hit the US 27/I-4 junction, I know we're 10 minutes from Disney. We're staying in Davenport over Christmas and have no problem with that little commute - for us, it's nothing.

We rented in Davenport earlier this year and found it to be about a 15 minute drive to WDW, and about 25 minutes to Sea World. We didn't find it long at all. Davenport itself was very quiet and we had no problems (we stayed in a gated community).

If you are relatively close to an I-4 interchange, it's probably not bad at all.

We also this past Feb rented a villa in Davenport and found the drive to WDW very quick! Also we loved the area! :thumbsup2

Depending on where abouts in Davenport you are -it is a big area- you can use Sherberth Road and Osceola Parkway to get to most places or the new Avalon/Hartzog road route to get to Disney's west entrance - useful for certain places in Disney.I have just come back from the area and it took no more than 15 mins to get to MK and that was from just south of the 192/27 junction.

We are staying at a beautiful home in the Abbey of Westhaven right now. It is midway between I4 and 27 right off of Ronald Reagan Memorial Drive (by Champions Gate). It is a great area! Easy shopping at Publix. Easy to get to the parks (about 12-15 minutes). It took about 25 minutes to get to Universal yesterday, but it was a real easy drive.

We're staying in Davenport next week and am very excited! We wanted to be close but yet have a quiet getaway.

We've stayed in Hampton Lakes Development and found the drive to be only 15 minutes too. I really like the Davenport area. We found the rental homes to be considerably cheaper and the stores much less crowded for food shopping.

Stayed at Manors North Westridge last May and found it just way too far out, consequently staying at the Vistana Villages again in October.

We've stayed in Hampton Lakes Development and found the drive to be only 15 minutes too. I really like the Davenport area. We found the rental homes to be considerably cheaper and the stores much less crowded for food shopping.

We stayed here in July. Community is very nice, houses are great and it was about 15 minutes to Disney's Main Gate.

make sure you consider time to the the actual parks and from the parking lot to the entrance.

We've done both on and offsite and found it does take about 10-20 minutes depending on park and parking, longer than staying on site. So really its about 25-35 minutes total.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter