Dave with brain cancer has passed away...

sammatt

Mouseketeer
Hello, DIS friends! It is with much sadness and relief that I share the news with you of Dave's passing. many of you "got to know him" through my "My heart is breaking" thread. His struggle with brain cancer ended last night, and now he is whole in Heaven. While it will be difficult times for his family, I know that the burden of daily care has been lifted. God will carry them through, with the support of a wonderful church, family and friends. Please continue to keep his wife and 4 children in your thoughts and prayers. And thank you for the wonderful support you have been emotionally to them.
Lisa

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: For Dave's Family and all his Friends :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

My prayers and thoughts go out to Dave's family.

Thankyou Lisa for letting us know.

We will keep Dave's family lifted in our prayers.
Wish we were there to give them all a big :grouphug: from all of us at the Dis boards.

mom x4,grandma x4

We would like to offer our prayers and sympathy to Daves' family.

My thoughts are with his family and friends. God bless them all for their care and love for Dave. May they always remember and share the memories that they have in their hearts

Lisa, I was dealing with my own issues back in April/May so I missed the original thread about Dave. I just read through it and my heart was breaking for his family and for him :guilty: . It's so hard to know that you may have to leave your children too soon... however, your church community seems to be very tight-knit so I believe that his DW will have much support (as will his children)during this trying time and in the future.

I will be praying for him, his wife and his children. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for the family.

I just wanted to comment, Lisa, that you are a wonderful friend, and that you've done a wonderful thing by "advocating" for them in this community. I'm sure that thanks to you and a few simple posts, their vacation experience was made extra Magical. Bless you!

Our family send our thoughts and prayers to Dave's family.

We only hope that his magical cruise, and all those memories it created, will be of some small support to his family now, and perhaps in the future, they will be able to look back and smile at the fun time they shared.

God bless, xxx

as the daughter of someone who died of brain cancer in 2003, i can understand the grief and relief. The guilt of the relief is something I will never get over.

I am home in Heaven, dear ones;
Oh, so happy and so bright!
There is perfect joy and beauty
In this everlasting light.
All the pain and grief is over,
Every restless tossing passed;
I am now at peace forever,
Safely home in Heaven at last.
Did you wonder why I so calmly
Trod the valley of the shade?
Oh! But Jesus's love illumined
Every dark and fearful glade.
And He came Himself to meet me
In that way so hard to tread;
And with Jesus's arm to lean on,
Could I have one doubt or dread?
Then you must not grieve so sorely,
For I love you dearly still;
Try to look beyond earth's shadows,
Pray to trust our Father's Will.
There is work still waiting for you,
So you must not idly stand;
Do it now, while life remaineth
You shall rest in Jesus's land.
When that work is all completed,
He will gently call you Home;
Oh, the rapture of that meeting,
Oh, the joy to see you come!

My prayers go to his family that they may find peace knowing that Dave's pain and struggle has lead him to a better place where he will be able to continue to watch over them. My heart is breaking thinking of his wife and children. I cannot imagine what they have gone thru nor the journey that lies ahead of them. They are blessed to have friends like you in their lives.

As someone who watched their 45yo Father pass from brain cancer, I can totally sympathize. All my prayers to you and your friend's family as they grieve this heavy loss. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter