Daughter turns 3 on the trip!

MickeyMickey

DIS Veteran
We will be at Disney December 1 - 9 and my daughter turns 3 on December 2nd. How does that work with meals, tickets, etc.?

Thanks

We celebrated my ds(now 4) 3rd birthday at WDW. :bday: He turned 3 during our last two days in the parks. We didn't have to pay for him even after his birthday. We asked a CM in one of the parks and they said not to worry about it, but don't metion it to the gate keepers. We celebrated his birthday at the Crystal Palace and he was charged for his meal. Don't forget to stop at City Hall and pick up a Happy Birthday pin for her. Everyone payed special attention to my ds when he had his on. Snow White even gave him a special kiss that literally stayed on for 2days inspite of trying to wipe it off. :love:

Looks like we'll be in the parks at the same time in December. :santa:

MickeyMickey said:
We will be at Disney December 1 - 9 and my daughter turns 3 on December 2nd. How does that work with meals, tickets, etc.?

Thanks

I have read mulitiple times here on the boards that as long as the birthday occurs after the trip starts they go by the age of the child on the day the trip started. So you should not need passes for her or have to pay for meals. You might want to call Disney and verify that though... And of course you might want to bring along a copy of her birth certificate to prove when her birthday is because cm's will sometimes ask kids their age and of course she'll probably tell them she's three. :)

We're leaving in less than 2 weeks, but our situation is a bit easier to figure out. She's turning 3 2 days before we go home, so we're only buying 2 days worth of park tickets. And as far as the food goes, she eats like a bird, so worries in that department.

My son is 2 and will be turning 3 on our trip, I will go ahead and buy him the 5 day ticket but since there is no expiration I am gonna keep it back and try to save it. If the CM's give me any trouble I'll have his ticket, otherwise I'll save as many days on it as I can, cause I know we will DEFINATELY return. I practically grew up at Disneyland in California and this is my first trip to WDW, I know me and my DD4 and DS2 will have the best time on our first FAMILY vacation ever and soon after the divorce of their no good, worthless father (See my post "Divorce will not ruin my kids trip to WDW").
We can't wait! For the divorce to be final and the BIG TRIP!

whatever age they are during check-in is what your charged the whole trip. if they are 2 when you arrive they count them as 2 for you stay :)

:)
Amy

My daughter turned 3 on our trip in December and we were on the dining plan. If they are 2 when you check in then they consider them 2 for the entire trip. We were charged for our daughters birthday meal at CP but when I went to fix a problem with our dining credits at the hotel front desk the cast member asked about the CP charge as well. I told him she had turned three and he said that is not the way Disney does it and took that charge off too. The entry pass was the same.

princessyahoo said:
We're leaving in less than 2 weeks, but our situation is a bit easier to figure out. She's turning 3 2 days before we go home, so we're only buying 2 days worth of park tickets. And as far as the food goes, she eats like a bird, so worries in that department.

You shouldn't have to pay for those 2 days of park tickets at all. As long as your child turns 3 during the course of your stay you don't have to pay.

I'm speaking from first hand experience here and I booked directly with CRO and confirmed no less than ten times with several Disney organizations. We celebrate DD's birthday every year at WDW and experienced this first hand ourselves this year.

I was told the same thing. They are the age they are the day of arrival for the whole trip. In our case she turns 3 -2 days after we return home. We want to celebrate her birthday on one day while we are there so we made reservations, ordered cake etc. for that specific meal. I was also told it's a good idea to have a copy of the birth certificate with you at gate to avoid any questions. Our dtr. is especially tall so I'm taking that advice and have copies already packed. Enjoy the trip....we leave in 38 days... :cool1:

For park admission you won't be charged for a 3yo at all during the trip if he/she turns three during the trip. WDW park admission will go by the age of the child at check in.

For meals you will be charged for any counter service or table service meals you order for the 2yo but most buffets, all you can eat and character type meals are free for 2yo's and under. In my experience you will be charged for those character meals and buffets once your child turns 3 unless your on the dining program.

TJ

I have checked and double-checkec and triple checked this with three different reservation CM's. If they are 2 when they check-in they are 2 the whole trip. Their park entry and buffet meals are free. They also do not count as an extra child guest in your room- they still count as an infant.

My daughter turned 3 on Tuesday(8/22) while we were on our Birthday trip to see the Doodlebops. I can assure you that you are charged for their age at the time of check-in, and they are considered that age for the duration of your reservation. I must have asked a thousand times to make sure and I received the same answer time after time from the CMs. Even the park admission and meals, if on the DDP are free. I do not know about paying for TS OOP, but I would think that they are still considered 2, due to your reservations.

We are going for my twins 3rd birthday, they will turn 3 during our stay at WDW. We plan on doing a character dining breakfast to celebrate their birthday. Will we be charged a character dining price for them?

Thanks in advance...........

HappyPappe said:
We are going for my twins 3rd birthday, they will turn 3 during our stay at WDW. We plan on doing a character dining breakfast to celebrate their birthday. Will we be charged a character dining price for them?

Thanks in advance...........

No, you will not be charged. DD celebrated her 2nd and 3rd birthday's at Chef Mickey's and 1900 Park Fare. Both restaurants everyone else was on the dining plan but she wasn't because of age. When making the ADRs I asked that they note it was her birthday on the reservation. Goofy brought out a cupcake, placemat, and balloons at CM and Cinderella brought out the same plus a crown at PF. Neither place charged us for her meal or the "celebration".

<I edited this for clarification and grammar. Sorry.>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter