• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Daughter still 'in consideration', any waitlist experiences?

hightown

I feel need for speed--Rockin' Roller Coaster
She applied for Spring DCP really late and on11/15 got an email from disney saying they were impressed but positions filled. Email said they anticipated adding more positions and she would be in consideration till 12/5.

Has a anyone received a similar notice and gotten in or heard of someone who did? Any guess at her chances of getting an offer?

I have never heard of this happening before. People can get pended; however, 11/15 was supposed to be the last date that you could hear back from Disney regarding acceptance. I definitely could be wrong but I believe that the only way that she could be accepted at this point is if someone who was already accepted declines their offer. Good luck to her! :goodvibes

My DD just got the same notification on 11/15. She applied kind of late in the game too, and just completed her phone interview on 11/1. We are hoping something will open up (some people accept the offer but then fail to follow through on paying their fees, and some people back out at the last minute), but all we can do is wait. Her waitlist notification also indicated they would let her know one way or the other by 12/5.

She's hopeful, but understands she may have to wait until next semester. In the meantime, she just accepted a part-time job near home to build up her resume and work experience. She also already registered for her Spring 2014 college classes - that way she's got the school schedule she wants if DCP doesn't come through. But, if they do offer her something , 12/5 is still enough time to drop the classes and get her tuition back. Good luck!

My DD just got the same notification on 11/15. She applied kind of late in the game too, and just completed her phone interview on 11/1. We are hoping something will open up (some people accept the offer but then fail to follow through on paying their fees, and some people back out at the last minute), but all we can do is wait. Her waitlist notification also indicated they would let her know one way or the other by 12/5.

She's hopeful, but understands she may have to wait until next semester. In the meantime, she just accepted a part-time job near home to build up her resume and work experience. She also already registered for her Spring 2014 college classes - that way she's got the school schedule she wants if DCP doesn't come through. But, if they do offer her something , 12/5 is still enough time to drop the classes and get her tuition back. Good luck!

Glad to find someone to wait it out with, Joanie. If your daughter hears something post and I'll do the same.

Good luck to both of your kids! I think it has something to do with seeing if people back out too. If they have positions that are not going to be filled they will want to fill them with cheap labor, and DCP is about as cheap as it gets. :confused3

I did some searching here on disboards and found a couple of instances similar to this. Posts by DCPers and in fact they did get offered something. So just keeping fingers crossed and she's checking her e mail frequently.

She's already registered for Spring with her school. For some reason, many of the classes she needs for a major/minor are being offered on line. So she'll do two over winter break and three during the spring semester. So it would just be ideal if she got accepted since she could keep the on line courses and do them while doing DCP. She'll be on one classroom class too for spring but can drop that if she gets into DCP.

After this next semester, her upper level courses are just too hands on and she'll need to be on campus. So it would just be so perfect if she got into DCP for spring 2014. But if it doesn't work out it doesn't. She's the one that applied to late. She'll just keep it in mind and apply her last semester before graduation and do it the following semester. So tentatively Spring 2016.

I loved doing DCP after graduation. I graduated in December, as a teacher. I had a lot of friends who stayed at school and had jobs at restaurants, or had hard times finding jobs, I moved to Florida!

All of my roommates had just graduated as well so it was nice to be with people who had just had the same experiences. The girl that I shared a room with got into grad school during our program. And, my closest friend took tests to get into dental school. We were all in a place that allowed for us to not worry about taking classes.

A lot of my friends ended up staying on and not going back to school as a result of going while they were still in college. I was glad that I did not apply to the program until I was at a point when I wouldn't have to go back to school, and get back into that routine of studying and going to classes.

I loved doing DCP after graduation. I graduated in December, as a teacher. I had a lot of friends who stayed at school and had jobs at restaurants, or had hard times finding jobs, I moved to Florida!

All of my roommates had just graduated as well so it was nice to be with people who had just had the same experiences. The girl that I shared a room with got into grad school during our program. And, my closest friend took tests to get into dental school. We were all in a place that allowed for us to not worry about taking classes.

A lot of my friends ended up staying on and not going back to school as a result of going while they were still in college. I was glad that I did not apply to the program until I was at a point when I wouldn't have to go back to school, and get back into that routine of studying and going to classes.

Appreciate your input. If things would work perfectly however, doing the CP now will allow her to try for a professional internship right when she graduates. But rarely things work perfectly.

BTW, congratualations on your Disney English job. What a great experience that will be for you!

Just to bring this thread to a close....My daughter got a e mail yesterday from Disney to say that they are 'full and thanks for your interest'. Glad they didn't drag this out to 12/5.

She'll try for it again for the semester after graduation - Probably Spring 2016.

So lesson out there for everyone considering applying, don't wait till the last minute to apply!

Best of luck to everyone...

My daughter received the same response yesterday. I'm guessing our kids were in the same waitlist pool. She's a little disappointed, but she really likes her new P/T job and is hoping that the next few months of work experience will be what puts her at an advantage for next semester. (That and applying earlier!). She feels more confident, too, now that she experienced the phone interview.

I'm assuming that "Please note you can only apply once per recruiting season (February to April and September to November)" means that she can apply in February for the next Fall program.

Joanie, thought your dd might have gotten the same. It's a disappointment but good things come to those who wait. And the thing about only applying once, that's how I read it too. So the can certainly apply next recruitment period.

My daughter won't be able to apply till her last semester in school which will mean no other chances. But if she gets in then she won't have to do any online classes with her school, she can do the Disney courses that interest her, and she'll be 21. I think those things will make it a much better experience.

Best of luck to your daughter..

texasroni75 said:
My daughter received the same response yesterday. I'm guessing our kids were in the same waitlist pool. She's a little disappointed, but she really likes her new P/T job and is hoping that the next few months of work experience will be what puts her at an advantage for next semester. (That and applying earlier!). She feels more confident, too, now that she experienced the phone interview.

I'm assuming that "Please note you can only apply once per recruiting season (February to April and September to November)" means that she can apply in February for the next Fall program.

Its basically just telling her to wait months :)

I did some searching here on disboards and found a couple of instances similar to this. Posts by DCPers and in fact they did get offered something. So just keeping fingers crossed and she's checking her e mail frequently.

She's already registered for Spring with her school. For some reason, many of the classes she needs for a major/minor are being offered on line. So she'll do two over winter break and three during the spring semester. So it would just be ideal if she got accepted since she could keep the on line courses and do them while doing DCP. She'll be on one classroom class too for spring but can drop that if she gets into DCP.

After this next semester, her upper level courses are just too hands on and she'll need to be on campus. So it would just be so perfect if she got into DCP for spring 2014. But if it doesn't work out it doesn't. She's the one that applied to late. She'll just keep it in mind and apply her last semester before graduation and do it the following semester. So tentatively Spring 2016.

Positive side is most of the people who did the DCP after graduation that I am aware of launched their careers and enjoyed it more. I did it and am currently back in school.I don't regret it, I did it right before I started my hands on classes, so I am fully aware of how impossible it is to do the program once you're into your junior/senior classes. She should definitely try again for the semester after she graduates!

Positive side is most of the people who did the DCP after graduation that I am aware of launched their careers and enjoyed it more. I did it and am currently back in school.I don't regret it, I did it right before I started my hands on classes, so I am fully aware of how impossible it is to do the program once you're into your junior/senior classes. She should definitely try again for the semester after she graduates!

Actually she's decided to apply again for Fall/FA 2014 after all. She'll be able to get some internship credit since she'll be a junior and depending on how things work out maybe practicum credit. And I think she just can't wait!

If she doesn't get in she'll still have another shot after she graduates. If she does get in she then wants to aim for a PI when she graduates.

Thanks for your reply and I hope everything is going well for you at school.

Brining this back because I just got waitlisted for Fall 2016. Anyone else have experience with being waitlisted? There's very little information about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter