Daughter broke foot last night! Leave in AM

pigget74

DVC Beach Club Villas
Ok. My 18 year old broke her foot late last night. Just left doctor. No cast, but a boot. He told us that she can not stand on it for a while. What do we do? Who do you recommend for a scooter or something? This is all new to us. Thanks

yes get her a scooter and enjoy your vacation you may want to bring her churches ( sp?) so that she can stansfor to rides

most lines she can go right in and dose not need to do anything some like space mountain big thunder she will need to get a return time and go in either the FP line( space) or the exit the CM at the rides will tell you some like tory story at the end you will be directed to the wheel chair loading area

Looking at places now to rent a scooter. Will have her crutches. Do we need to show anything to prove she is really hurt? I remember years ago the Guest card, but I think those are done away with.

I wonder if there is anywhere to buy one of those Knee Scooters in the area?
I would not use them can you imagine what it would be like to be on your knee all dayI would just go with an off site ECV that why you have it with you all the time ( and you really do not need a HC room sounds like DD could use churches to get around the room with.

I wonder if there is anywhere to buy one of those Knee Scooters in the area?
I thought about renting one, but we are driving and would be hard to transport I think. Not sure how she would do all day in park. i will look though and see. Thank you.

Looking at places now to rent a scooter. Will have her crutches. Do we need to show anything to prove she is really hurt? I remember years ago the Guest card, but I think those are done away with.
no you do not need anything and if all it is is a broken foot she will not qualify for the DAS card so no need to stop at GR they will not be much help I would just ask the CM at the ride if you can take the ECV in the line and most you can and if you can not they will tell you what to do

I thought about renting one, but we are driving and would be hard to transport I think. Not sure how she would do all day in park. i will look though and see. Thank you.
if you are driving some of the ECV comes a part that why you can put it in your truck and transport it that way.

Thank you for all your responses. We have decided to rent a scooter from an offsite place. My son works in the College Program. I tried contacting him with these questions first, but I could not get him. This trip has been planned for a while and we are all disappointed that this happened. Was a crazy freak accident. We would rather be in Disney with a broken foot then to be at home with a broken foot. We have been many times so we had already planned to take a relaxed approach this trip. Our outlook is to spend time with family, enjoy time together, and most of all make memories! Thank you again.

I'm out shopping today, but just wanted to make a quick reply.

Follow the link in my signature to the disABILITIES FAQs thread ( also located near the top of this board)

Post 2 of that thread has information about renting wheelchairs and ECVs.

Post one of that thread is an index to what post has what information.
Posts 18-21 have information about transfers and she will want her crutches to help with transfers.
The attractions are wheelchair accessible to the point of boarding (with a few exceptions - like Peoplemover and Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.)

Some are wheelchair accessible, but not ECV accessible. Those will have a wheelchair to switch to.

An ECV would give her more independence, but there are attractions where she could stay in the wheelchair for to ride in an accessible ride car, but would have to transfer if she was using an ECV. So, you may want to consider whether an ECV or wheelchair will be the best choice.

If you rent an ECV, make sure the rental agent knows you want one that you can transport in s car trunk and they will rent you the correct type.

Thank you. We are driving there, but once on property we will use disney transportation. I realize we might have to wait on buses.

We chose not to use narcotics. She is on meds, but not those. Thank you. I would not even have thought of that.

I hope your trip is still magical. I actually had a dream just 2 days ago of this exact thing happening to my DD17.

Also, if she is on pain pills, see how she reacts to them before deciding on an ECV instead of a wheelchair. The pain pills might make an ECV dangerous for her to drive.

I will tell you that if you are not safe to drive an ECV then a CM will encourage you strongly to change to a wheel chair ( I have seen this done after an older lady ran into a baby stroller with a maybe 5 month old in it) I do not think the CM would let her go any where in the ECV so she really had no chose I am not saying this will happen to your daughter but just be aware that people will not see her and she will need to be alart to people jumping in front of her it maybe best to stay put for a few minutes after the parade fire works to let the crowds move, I think you will find that things work ver smooth and that your daughter will have no problems getting on attraction and doing things she like even with a broken foot. and if she needs a place to rest she can stop in first aid for a rest or anyone for that matter

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter