Daughter Accepted Today as Character Performer for 2014 Spring Advantage

DisneyPoly

<font color=0000FF>A Dream is a Wish your Heart Ma
:thumbsup2

Her phone interview was 10 days ago and they told her she should know in 10 days ... sure enough, she received notification today. We are all excited for her!! Hopefully others will hear today also:wizard:

DD was accepted as character performer yesterday as well. It will be her second CP doing so. I see you are from PA. Did she go to Philly audition? DD did because she was hoping for smaller crowd than Orlando. Last time she auditioned Orlando was packed. This time we heard Orlando only had 87 and Philly had nearly 200. Story of her life:)

She did audition in Philly .. and this is her second CP also. She participated in the 2012 Spring Advantage ... how about your daughter?

Spring 2011. I bet they saw each other. Mine was kept after and videoed for dance. They did this last time as well but she was never trained for parades. She is hoping for better luck this time!

So was mine :) She was fortunate enough to perform the parades last time around, and is hoping for more of the same this time. She stayed on as seasonal after her last program. When is she moving in?

She applied for Spring not Advantage as the friend she wants to live with is planning to do Spring. She had to get home last program as her school would only keep her scholarship on hold one semester and BF was putting the squeeze on her. She became a college rep and headed out. This time she is graduating in December and BF just started medical school so he is too busy to care what she does! She can stay until she accomplishes all she wants.

Good luck to your daughter as well! But truthfully as my daughter said after the audition seeing so many leaving heartbroken, they already are so blessed just to have made it so far!

Congrats to her! That is very exciting (and maybe I'll wind up working with her)

My DS will be auditioning for Spring/Spring Advantage '15. I would love to hear more about this experience!! I understand it is extremely rare for CPs to be placed in Entertainment roles.

jackskellington's girl. It's not really rare for CPs to be placed in entertainment. However, it is very, very much height based. My son has auditioned 4 times, 3 for fur, and once for face. He has made it to the end of the audition once, cut at face pretty quickly, cut first fur for height, and at extension CP auditions, he and the group he went with were cut at door for height. All depends on what they are looking for. Typically those 5'0" and shorter progress through audition, and those 6"0" and taller. Son is 5'9". That means that the only characters that are out on a regular basis at his height are Tigger and Green Army Men. He has two friends who are Character Performers/CP...both are 5'0". He would still like to make it through someday, but he needs 3 more inches of height, and at age 20, it doesn't look likely.

I auditioned in fall 2009 for spring 2010. Didn't make it, but I made a ton of friends and loved every minute of it!! Congrats to your daughters and sons!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter