Dates revealed for Splash Mountains annual refurb in 2013

I'm betting it will be Jan-March. I'm sorry it falls during some DISers vacays, but Splash REALLY needs the TLC. Hopefully the refurb will address all the issues, but in reality, they might need a 6 month refurb to get it back up to opening day greatness.

Anyway, its good to see Splash getting some love!

~Thanks for the update. I was expecting a much longer refurb for some reason. :goodvibes

Aww, man... :sad1: I'm bummed but not surprised that I'll miss it in Feb. At least it was open for my trip this year thanks to the BTMRR refurb.

The state of Splash Mountain right now is just sad. It's filthy, a million things are broken...believe me you don't want to be riding it. It needs the refurb!

Certainly not getting my hopes up (since it was closed the last time I visited in January), but I would be ecstatic if it were still open during my trip January 5th thru 13th.

That being said, whenever the refurb occurs, I REALLY hope they manage to fix all the kinks which have gone neglected for quite some time now. If I do need to miss out in January, it had better be up to par the next time I'm able to visit!

I have never been happier about a refurb. Hopefully they take their time and do a thorough job of fixing it up! The cavern scene is so weird without the jumping water.

Not looking forward to telling DD6 this. She has been talking about this constantly since July. First thing she wants to do. Not like there aren't lots of fun things, but riding Splash is her new big accomplishment and she was going to take Grandma on it while we are there for the Princess 1/2 marathon. :sad1:

I for one am happy to hear of this. Splash is in desperate need of refurbishments. Would I love to ride it in Feb when we're there for the Princess? Of course! It's one of my all time faves. But i've been enough time in the last few years where they ride has been down due to technical issues. Not to mention how dirty and run down some scenes are.

All I Can say is:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Terrible news! I was so confident because it was always down for Jan, half of Feb at the latest!

Hitting the parks on Feb 18th.

Mx

Im just going to not worry about it. Maybe hope for some pixie dusted soft openings when im there in march. Or I can just convince my DBF to go back in the fall with me...

Disney updated their website so it will be down from january 2-march 19 (I leave the 17th! ) that's covering both of my trips. Lovely.

Well big fat boo! When we went this past Feb, it was down due to issues it was having. BTM was down too, so we didn't get to ride either of those. Looks like it will be down for my next trip as well.

I am BEYOND disappointed that Splash will be down during our February visit! This would be the first trip that my DD(6) would have been tall enough to ride:sad1: Plus, it's my favorite Disney attraction!

Poop, crud, dangit. :worried: Couldn't they wait a week? :rolleyes1 Oh well, I was really hoping to be able to do all the "mountains" on my trip since that would be a real accomplishment for this super-ride-chicken. I guess I need to go sometime other than January for once, or even go down to DL since it's actually on my side of the country. ::yes::

So do we still have no idea what dates are correct? I mean, I've now seen here on the DIS and multiple sites that it'll be February, not January.

Only one site have I seen January closure.

Very much needed but sympathize with those of you with trips during the refurb.

Even though MK is a huge park with a lot to do and see, this is by far the ride I'd be most dissapointed to miss when there.

I can't imagine how they would close it Jan. 2nd. That week is going to be absolute madness! Most schools are still on vacation until the 7th.

Crossing my fingers that it is Feb. (sorry Feb. people). :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter