dates of special AAA code - any past 11/26

agotta said:
AAA doesn't get special codes. It is either a AAA discount or a Disney Special or code (that AAA would use). I think the only confusing thing is the dining discount that greatbooks said they got.

Sorry, it wasn't me with the AAA dining, though I am eagerly awaiting info on that...babar41 is looking into that for us.

OK, I admit it, I am becoming obsessed with this! I still haven't talked to my TA from AAA, I'll do that tomorrow, but I have done a bit of investigation myself. Here is what I've come up with.

CBR 10 nights, check in Nov 27, king bed, 2 adults, MYW with hopper, and dinning plan:

Disney on line rate with no discounts: $2856.76
AAA rate with unknown code for dinning: $2406.66
Disney rate with YQE code: $2425.54

Whopping savings of (drum roll please)...... $18.88 courtsey of AAA :rolleyes: .

Now I know that doesn't sound like much, but some other things need to be considered. When I booked no one knew if there would be any specials. And booking with AAA guaranteed me a savings of $450.10 from the regular price. I did save a little on the Segway Tour. I did save some on the Universal portion of our trip. I do get the use of AAA for a year. I do get the Diamond Card and Parking pass. Yes, I am trying to make myself feel better. :guilty:

I'm still going to call my TA. Will report back Monday night.

If you book a package throiugh AAA you get the AAA extras. It does not matter if you are using Their discount or WDW discount.
So the diamond card and everything else is yours just for using AAA.
Of course subject to your local AAA rules, but mine will give me all that even with the WDW discount.

some emails from my TA and realized something! I had asked her when I provided the information that a code was available that if the savings were good I would like to upgrade hotels if there was availability. When she replied with the amount of my savings she said that were I to upgrade it would actually cost me more money because the code is designed more for mods. After reading here I thought that the discount got better as you went higher in resort. So maybe there wasn't availability but I don't know if I understand the explanation. Anyone???? (I actually wanted to upgrade to AKL for the kids from CBR)

Kelly

pugdog said:
If you book a package throiugh AAA you get the AAA extras. It does not matter if you are using Their discount or WDW discount.
So the diamond card and everything else is yours just for using AAA.
Of course subject to your local AAA rules, but mine will give me all that even with the WDW discount.

Yes Pugdog, you are right. But as I said, I was trying to make myself feel better, therefore listing all the positives I have for having booked with AAA.

babar41 said:
I just finished paying for my AAA trip. I'm trying to get some input if I got a good deal or not, I think I did, but would love to hear the experts opinions. DH and I will be at CBR 10 nights starting Nov 27, king room, MYW 10 day tickets with hopper, dinning plan of 1 TS, 1CS and 1 snack per day. Total including tax is $2406.66.

Did I do OK? Do I get to dance or is the deal just so so. Please tell me your thoughts.
How many people in your party? 2 ? I'm only staying 7 nights w/ MYW+PH+MPP+Dining and my total with the new code discount at POR is $2324.80. (For 2 adults and 1 13 year old adult!!)

SYDNCLAIRESMOM said:
From what I'm reading the discounts are not that significant for the values good at the mods and better at the deluxes but availabilty at the dlx are slim to none.

The bottom line discount IS the same no matter who you book through but my ressie was already booked through AAA with 15% discount because I was afraid there would be no codes this year (phwew!).
I then applied the code which brought it down even further, but to those of you who are booking now you will get the same discount through Disney so dont bother with AAA.
I just upgraded today with the YQE code from a value to POR (moderate) for only $25 more for 7 nights and now get a fridge and coffeemaker in the room!! Yeah!!

Orgamizer said:
How many people in your party? 2 ? I'm only staying 7 nights w/ MYW+PH+MPP+Dining and my total with the new code discount at POR is $2324.80. (For 2 adults and 1 13 year old adult!!)

This trip is just DH and I, so 2 adults. So your rate is good when you count another person!

I'm sorry folks, I didn't get a chance to call my TA yesterday. It was an 11 hour day at work, back to back appointments. Barely had time to swallow a sandwich at lunch. I'll try and reach her today and ask her about the AAA dining code.

greatbooks said:
Agotta is correct. This is my also my understanding of the discount packages. These were my quotes for identical dates/accomodations/tickets:
Disney pre-code: $1801.24
AAA pre-code: $1623.24
Disney AND AAA with code: $1531.44

So you see, I did get a further discount with AAA (because there was availability), but it is the same quote as the current code with Disney. I think people are getting confused over semantics. Availability is the key, however. If you call AAA and there is currently no availability for the code for your dates/resort, then the AAA TA can't give you a further discount to match. You will need to change something. I think that is what is happening when people say they have called their TAs and were not able to add the code "on top of" a previous booking. Do keep checking back, though, because something (different from the package) that was not available for me one afternoon, turned up available (someone cancelled) the next morning. My guess is there will be new availability for many, 14 days or so out from the day the codes were released (which is the day the deposit is due to hold reservations).

The hint at a dining discount through AAA is something new to the mix and thanks babar41 for checking on that for us!

So you're saying that AAA is only getting a discount on the special for their clients existing reservations to bring their total down to what the general public is getting?

I'm not making any presumptions. I have only given the thread the quotes that I received for informational purposes because someone inquired. I did not have an existing package reservation with AAA, though I don't think that made a difference for this code.

AAA works like an other TA, except that they are given special discounts for AAA members. When codes come out, the work like any other TA. If it is available you get it, if not....It is not used in combination with any other discounts. There are limited numbers. Existing reservation has nothing to do with it.

OK, spoke with my AAA TA, this is what she said...

When she added the dining to my package she used the AAA rates, which turned out to be a little cheaper than the YQE. She said there isn't a code name she can give me, but suggested anyone interested should contact their AAA TA and tell them they want there room, MYW tickets and dining. She thought the price difference was about $40, but according to my math from when I called Disney the savings is about $18.

But $18 is better than $0!

I promised to report back... I have :teeth:

Thanks babar41! I am waiting to hear back from my TA on this very point. Shoot, any discount is better than $0 is the way I see it!

Your welcome greatbooks. By the way, this may not be news to most of you out there, but in case there are any that don't know, I wouldn't rent a car through AAA. The price they have with their rental company, can't remember if it was Hertz or Avis, is not as cheap as I could get over the internet with other companies.

Using the Entertainment card and coupon I rented a compact with an upgrade to midsize for $334.37 for 2 weeks ($23.88 a day). Not as good of a rate as I was hoping for, last year I got a midsize for $19.21 using walmart discount without an upgrade coupon.

Does anyone know if Alamo in MCO is good about having the availability for the upgrade? I'm a little fearful we are going to get there and be stuck with the compact. But for the $100 savings (difference between midsize rental and compact using every discount code I could try) I thought I'd try this.

Appreciate anyone sharing their experience with this! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter