• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dates Important: Reserve online or call?

GBBTomorrow

DIS Veteran
Hi All,
I don't have any experience yet with online booking. We want to go to VB or HHI after a Disney Cruise next summer, so we need to check in on a specific date. I want to be sure to get the best shot at the rooms at the opening of our 7-month booking window: what's the best way? Should I do it online, or call? And is the online system open all the time? What time on the opening date of your window can you start to book?

Thank you from an old dog trying to learn new tricks.

Hi All,
I don't have any experience yet with online booking. We want to go to VB or HHI after a Disney Cruise next summer, so we need to check in on a specific date. I want to be sure to get the best shot at the rooms at the opening of our 7-month booking window: what's the best way? Should I do it online, or call? And is the online system open all the time? What time on the opening date of your window can you start to book?

Thank you from an old dog trying to learn new tricks.

Online, it opens at 8:00am eastern for the 11/7 month window. You get a 1 hour head start, you can't call until 9:00am.

Online IMO. That system turns over at 8AM, and you can book your date(s) then, whereas if you call you have to wait until 9AM. In theory, availability could be nothing by 9 if you wait.....

Y'all are fast! Thank you for the information. This is what I'll be doing instead of Black Friday shopping. Fun!

Go into the system before your booking date and try it for an earlier reservation date, just so you can familiarize yourself with how it works. (Obviously, don't go all the way through to finalizing the booking.)

I know when I'm booking right at that window opening, my fingers are always shaking :scared:

I never thought about this, but you all have me realizing I should book on-line (for the first time) next month for our 2013 trip.
And I like the idea of doing a practice run! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter