• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dates extending beyond Aug 15 4/3 Deal?

DJmommy

DIS Veteran
Is anyone getting the discount if you start your vacation before Aug. 15 but your dates extend beyond that?

Don't know whether it is worth calling or not?

Tried on the website but it does not seem to be offering me the free nights.

Airfare is booked so we are locked into arriving on 8/13.

I tried to book arriving on 8/15. It gave me the ticket discount, but not the room discount.

To answer my own question. I called at lunch and priced out the package. It did not reflect the discounted rate.

I asked and they told me travel had to be completed by 8/15/08.

So no go for us.

When I called they told me that the trip had to start by 8/15.

Did you book and get the free nights after 8/15?

I seemed to have a pretty good CM who actually checked with a supervisor & this is what he told me.

If you were successful, I might give it another shot.

Thanks.

I seemed to have a pretty good CM who actually checked with a supervisor & this is what he told me.

Thanks.

The discount does not extend past the 15th of August.

I also want to try this, I'll better check it if it's still available. :lmao:

Have a nice day everyone. :)

When I called they told me that the trip had to start by 8/15.

I was told the same our check out date is 8/21....

I was thinking of doing maybe 4/3 from 8/7 and if free dining is offered it maybe from 8/16 but then it would mean buying more tickets am I right as it would be 2 seperate packages/reservations?

It's a no go for us, too. : ( The promotion doesn't go past the 15th, so we'd get just 1 night free with our dates. The AAA room only discount is better for us than getting that 1 night free.

If anyone is successful getting the deal for dates past 8/15, please post here.

Thanks. Too bad for the rest of us who can't take advantage of this. Oh well. We are still going to Disney, so not all bad.

Thanks.

I didn't try to book it. The cm just told me that before they extended it that as long as vacation started by the last day it would work. However, when I tried it online it didn't work. Maybe they will come up with something for us late August people.

AFAIK, you can't do this online - the system won't let you.

If you call and ask the CM, they will tell you it won't work. Sometimes they check pricing without putting the code in it. If they check in by 8/15 and they do enter the code, it should work. Depends on who you talk to. That's why there are those who have been successful.

I have checked this several times for people online before the date extension for dates on 6/27 check-ins, and just did it again for the new dates. It is allowing it online with a check-in date on 8/15. If the CM won't let you do it when you call, just book it online. Then if there is any reason you need to call (add requests), just call after it is booked.

I have checked this several times for people online before the date extension for dates on 6/27 check-ins, and just did it again for the new dates. It is allowing it online with a check-in date on 8/15. If the CM won't let you do it when you call, just book it online. Then if there is any reason you need to call (add requests), just call after it is booked.

OK, I just tried again online. When I put my actual dates in: 8/13 - 8/20 (7 nights) for AKL Pool BB room, it comes to $2,598.72.

If I move it up by one week: 8/6 - 8/13 (7 nights) for AKL Pool BB room, it comes to $2,077.92, a $520 savings. Yes you are getting the tickets discounted, but not the free nights in the room.

I may try calling again, but I am not too hopeful it will work out.

Well I went ahead & called today to see if I could get the 4/3 deal on our dates. (Aug. 15 - 22) I got a CM that was willing to put the code in & see what happened. Her system accepted the code for those dates,BUT it didn't actually give the discount. Seven nights AKL standard view w/ park hopper was still about 2500.

Oh well - at least the CM tried. We've still got our AAA room only at CSR. I know that there is the possibility for free dining to become available, but that would not really benefit us much.

Thanks for posting your results. I won't bother trying then.

Same thing here, free dining does not really impress me much, especially in the hot summer months. Never really have a huge appetite then anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter