Date & Rate.....2008!

I am going to get this right sooner or later! :confused3 Thank goodness I have you guys nudging me along and I should have known it was mummy dust but I haven't been nearly as lurky here as I was when planning the WDW trips.

So, second at bat, I wish I had some mummy dust instead of yet this new boring answer. I promise to bring back a wealth of knowledge after our first trip this August.:woohoo: And hopefully it will be correct!!!

september
26-28
RPR
std.
223/nt tax included
AAA
no/no
jamnut24

I have been spinning my wheels on booking my room for Universal because I am afraid to lock in and later find some secret to getting a better rate. I am not eligible for supersaver 'cuz I am only in for 2 nights and not Loews card, AP, FL Res, or anything else that is going to help me out. Is this is good as it gets? Is there any benefit to waiting? I have to close this chapter so I can start thinking about ADR's, rental car, Circ, etc. PLEASE HELP!

september
26-28
RPR
std.
223/nt tax included
AAA
no/no
jamnut24

I have been spinning my wheels on booking my room for Universal because I am afraid to lock in and later find some secret to getting a better rate. I am not eligible for supersaver 'cuz I am only in for 2 nights and not Loews card, AP, FL Res, or anything else that is going to help me out. Is this is good as it gets? Is there any benefit to waiting? I have to close this chapter so I can start thinking about ADR's, rental car, Circ, etc. PLEASE HELP!

That may be as good as it gets, though that's a LITTLE high for end of September. Good news though, is that you can just change your rate if you find a better one later. Book now and watch this thread. If you're finding people have better rates down the line for your time frame, just change your rate. But, hey! There are no ADRs over here, so stop saying that! ;)

That may be as good as it gets, though that's a LITTLE high for end of September. Good news though, is that you can just change your rate if you find a better one later. Book now and watch this thread. If you're finding people have better rates down the line for your time frame, just change your rate. But, hey! There are no ADRs over here, so stop saying that! ;)

I would like to do that but the rub of this slightly discounted rate through AAA is that it is "pre-pay" and there is a $25 fee to cancel or change the reservation for any reason. Though $25 is but a pebble on the mountain of cash this vacation is going to cost, it amounts to half :teacher: of what AAA potentially saves me over the Universal "rack rate".

Really, though, you're input of "it seems a bit high for September" is enough to convince me to wait. I've read enough of this thread to know that you guys have a good feel for where the rates should be. Thanks for the input. I've bookmarked this thread and will check back often.

Sorry for the ADR reference;) . This vacation is 75% at the other park which I did not realize was taboo to mention.

I would like to do that but the rub of this slightly discounted rate through AAA is that it is "pre-pay" and there is a $25 fee to cancel or change the reservation for any reason. Though $25 is but a pebble on the mountain of cash this vacation is going to cost, it amounts to half :teacher: of what AAA potentially saves me over the Universal "rack rate".

Really, though, you're input of "it seems a bit high for September" is enough to convince me to wait. I've read enough of this thread to know that you guys have a good feel for where the rates should be. Thanks for the input. I've bookmarked this thread and will check back often.

Sorry for the ADR reference;) . This vacation is 75% at the other park which I did not realize was taboo to mention.

It is not taboo to mention WDW .... a lot of 'regulars' here on the UO side GO to both parks and/or have APs to both parks.... you were not being flamed, but merely told that UO doesn't take ADRs....you don't have to plan that like you do Disney.... The end of Sept is not going to be busy to really warrant ADRs but if you are more comfortable with it, you can make it the morning of....

I sent you a PM...but call the hotel directly and use the AAA rate....sounds like AAA is trying to charge you extra to modify a res....skip the AAA TA and do it yourself...then you don't have to worry about any extra charges ;)

August :sunny:
25-30
HRH
King Suite :banana:
$183 :laughing:
Super Saver
Yes/Plat :snooty:
Flyin2MCO

? for those in the know: if you had your druthers, would you go with the HRH King Suite of the equivalent LF Plat upgrade over at PBH? (i know, this is a quality problem!!)

October

10-12

Royal Pacific

Club - King

Supersaver

Don't know yet/Gold

sarhenty

October

10-12

Royal Pacific

Club - King

Supersaver

Don't know yet/Gold

sarhenty

Your LF status doesn't matter when you book club. You'll be in a std club room. That's all she wrote on LF upgrades on that. It doesn't matter if you're Blue, Gold, or Platinum when it comes to club. We've stayed RPR Club many times as Platinum. Paid a qualifying rate (Supersaver, AAA). Booked Club. Paid for Club. Stayed in a similar club room the Blue and Gold folks did and people who have no LF status at all. Probably paid a higher rate than some who paid a non-qualifying rate (APH, FLO). No upgrades TO club. No further upgrades FROM club.

It would be very nice if LF offered club level as part of their upgrade perks. But they don't. :(

Just made ressies today for 1st trip! :cool1:

December
25-26
RPR (2 rooms)
Standard/2 Q
$324 + tax
Seasonal rate
?/Blue
katiee511

we are FINALLY headed back!

November
26-30

Portofino Bay

Standard
Supersaver
upgraded to Portofino Suite
Loews Plat.

what happened that you don't know if you got an upgrade? :confused3

Your LF status doesn't matter when you book club. You'll be in a std club room. That's all she wrote on LF upgrades on that. It doesn't matter if you're Blue, Gold, or Platinum when it comes to club. We've stayed RPR Club many times as Platinum. Paid a qualifying rate (Supersaver, AAA). Booked Club. Paid for Club. Stayed in a similar club room the Blue and Gold folks did and people who have no LF status at all. Probably paid a higher rate than some who paid a non-qualifying rate (APH, FLO). No upgrades TO club. No further upgrades FROM club.

It would be very nice if LF offered club level as part of their upgrade perks. But they don't. :(

Ha, ha... I'm sooo sorry! I didn't realize I was stirring the pot by saying "don't know yet". First, my sister made the reservation so she didn't even bother to ask about our "first" rate. Second, even though we've stayed a couple of times onsite (even before trying club, this will be our second time!) we've never attached our "first" number to a reservation before. Yeah, I know, shoot us in the head:scared1: !

I was going to call and see if I can add it BUT I guess I shouldn't bother based on your response! Thanks for letting me know!

We decided to do a split stay with Disney & Universal so from May 28-June 1 we are at Pop Century.

I know it will be hard to do Disney last after fotl :lmao:

thats why we are at Disney for 4 days & Universal 3 lol

Hi, We have 2 rooms at the following rate:

Month = July
Date = 7/09 - 7/10
Hotel = RPH
Room Type = Standard (Water View)
Rate = $219.60 (not incl. tax)
Rate Type = AAA
Loews First Upgrade applied?/LF level = Yes/Gold
username = emcb123

I was going to call and see if I can add it BUT I guess I shouldn't bother based on your response! Thanks for letting me know!

CALL AND ADD YOUR LF# TO YOUR RES!!!! It's never too late to add your number :thumbsup2

June
29-30
RPH
Standard King
$207.00
Super Savings
Loews first Blue (Hoping to upgrade at check in)
Daniel G

July
1-4
RPH
RPH
Standard King
$207.00
Super Savings
Loews first Blue (Hoping to upgrade at check in)
Daniel G

Hi - I have:

August
10th - 13th
HRH
Garden view
AAA Rate
$269/night
1st time staying; level is Blue

To all the experts: is this a good rate? Should I be looking at something like Bed & Breakfas Promotiont? Need the experts to help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter