Date Night Dinner?!?

vowens82

Earning My Ears
Hubby and I will be able to have a date night one evening during our trip and I'd love ideas. We're staying at BCV and we'll have hoppers so we can do anything. I had us booked and V&A's but I'm a pretty picky eater and I was a little intimidated by the menu. I love seafood and he'll pretty much eat anything. I have planned for us to go Jellyrolls after dinner, I'm just not sure where we should eat. I was thinking maybe Bluezoo or somewhere in Epcot?

we loved portabellos at dtd. also le celliet in epcot is nice. brown derby at hs? just some ideas. i think that brown derby might be the more challenging menu if your picky. portabellos is italian and yummy!! le cellier is a steak house. have fun.

Go with your instincts and do V&A! My wife is a very picky eater and our next trip will be the third time we reserved there. You will be spoiled

Stick with Victoria and Albert's! My advice is to trust the chefs working there. The restaurant didn't get their Michelin rating for bad food. Everything they make is wonderful and they are true artists with food. It's definitely something you should experience given the opportunity.

And if you absolutely don't want to go there for some crazy reason, my second choice would be Bluezoo just solely based on the quality of the food.

Stay with V&A.

I am a very picky eater and V&A is my favorite restaurant in the world (not just the "world"!). Just go with an open mind and try everything - you will be suprised how they can make even things you thought you didn't like taste delicious.

While V&A's is the best restaurant on property, it is also not cheap. If you are intimidated by the menu, is it worth the cost for you to either not eat anything or not enjoy anything (due to taste or nerves)? That is something that no one but you can decide.

With that being said, since you plan on going to JRs after, I would shoot for a 7PM ADR for either bluezoo or Flying Fish. This keeps you close to your resort, gets you close to JRs for after dinner and is not so early you lose out on much of a park day but early enough to get you into JRs in time to get a table.

Agree--don't risk V&A for all that $$$. Blue Zoo or Flying Fish are both excellent choices.

And no need to get all dressed up!

We love Flying Fish as well! Then you will be right at the Boardwalk for Jelly Rolls and be able to take a leisurely stroll after dinner!

:cool1:

Nothing compares to V&A. However, if you are going to Jellyrolls after dinner, bluezoo is the best you will do in the Epcot resort area. It's much more adult than Flying Fish and the menu is far superior. I love V&A but I love bluezoo almost as much. I've tried almost everything on their menu and many of their specials and I've always been quite happy with my meal. The scallop and pork rib appetizer at bluezoo is my favorite course at any restaurant at WDW. It's a hearty portion and very good. I don't usually eat dessert but they have an award winning pastry chef and the desserts are divine.

Thanks for all the input ~ I think we'll stick with Bluezoo. It's close to our resort and the menu looks good.

Good choice!!

Agree with my friend Pakey that the scallop and rib appetizer is a MUST!!

But need to add that for me anyway, it's just the appetizer:)

Hubby and I will be able to have a date night one evening during our trip and I'd love ideas. We're staying at BCV and we'll have hoppers so we can do anything. I had us booked and V&A's but I'm a pretty picky eater and I was a little intimidated by the menu. I love seafood and he'll pretty much eat anything. I have planned for us to go Jellyrolls after dinner, I'm just not sure where we should eat. I was thinking maybe Bluezoo or somewhere in Epcot?

Yachtsman (at Yacht Club) or Flying Fish (at BW)...both are signature and are right there so you can go to Jellyrolls after and then stroll home to BCV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter