DAS video chat question

daraweb

Mouseketeer
Apologies if this info is here somewhere...I could not find it. When it is your turn in the video chat does the computer make a noise? Like if I am logged in and in the queue will it ding or something with they try to contact me. Going on night 3 of attempting this. The first night I waited about 4 hours and the chat was closed at 10:30ish (makes sense since they close at 10) last night I waited the same 4 hours and then left my computer. This morning I woke up to a message at 10:40 that they were ready to connect me. I was nowhere near my computer at that time but just wondering if I was if I would have heard something. THANK YOU!

This is a good question, I've also missed it three times. Havent heard my phone or PC ding but I might have missed it. I'd like to know too!

Apologies if this info is here somewhere...I could not find it. When it is your turn in the video chat does the computer make a noise? Like if I am logged in and in the queue will it ding or something with they try to contact me. Going on night 3 of attempting this. The first night I waited about 4 hours and the chat was closed at 10:30ish (makes sense since they close at 10) last night I waited the same 4 hours and then left my computer. This morning I woke up to a message at 10:40 that they were ready to connect me. I was nowhere near my computer at that time but just wondering if I was if I would have heard something. THANK YOU!
No, there's no ding or any sounds alerting you. You have to keep staring at it. There was one time I was waiting and thought I got kicked off because the chat closed. But, they came on 10 minutes and I was never notified. Didn't find out until the next day when I was going to try again.

No ding for certain, but the representatives will wait a decent amount of time for you to reply (+/- 10 min) before they end the call. We had a similar experience of logging into the chat late afternoon, closed the computer to go to sleep, then saw they had messaged us a few times over 10 min at around 10:30 pm. Probably only necessary to check the chat once every few minutes. Also, the chat is held within your account rather than like calling in to a center. You can start the chat, log out, log back in on another device and not lose your spot in the queue. We ended up using an iPhone to get the chat started on day two, threw it in my pocket so I could walk around the house and do other stuff, and just checked every once in a while. Eventually someone replied!

Thanks for this info. Happy to say we got through today but unfortunately we only got through the first part. We waited several hours between the video chat and someone coming on to help with advanced registration and then it was after 10 and no one ever came back on the chat.

I used an iPad with the sound totally up and did not get any ding or other sound.
i just checked every few minutes. I also had to leave for a few minutes to do care for my daughter - I added a message to the chat indicating I would be gone for a few minutes and another to say I was back.

As another person posted, the chat is within your My Disney Experience account, so if you leave or don’t get taken care of, you will start in the same point as you left

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter