DAS used all & only at FP+

all I can say is what I have heard and what I have experienced at disney but I have asked two different cast member the same question on different days and have received 2 different answers so I guess it depends on the CM too

- Since there is no FP+ line, I have never seen the ability to use GAC or DAS during a party - we do 2 MNSSHP each year for last 10 years and MVMCP every couple years.

- You can not use the DAS for any of the special Meet & Greets at parties and no Meet & Greets during normal hours that do not have FP+. So all those out in the park like Alice, White Rabbit, Buzz & Woody, Mary Poppins etc.

- Jack & Sally can be very long. We got there about 5-5:30 and got in line. Once they came out just after 7 we waited about another 45 minutes. I brought a towel with me so DS could sit on the ground while we waited. He was a real trooper but he really wanted to see Jack. They were awesome! The other very long lines are Jack Sparrow and the 7 Dwarfs.

- The queue is outside in the wide open so you could have someone wait in line and ask the CMs if kids can join at last turn. We saw Jack aka Sandy Claws at the Christmas party. With permission from CM other DS and DD got in line and had DS join them about two turns out. We never left the area and CM could see that we were waiting for the time to enter.
We have been going to MNSSHP for about the past 11 years and have experienced the same as Hopper Fan - there were not accommodations for GAC or DAS for the Meet & Greets.
We asked if there was ability to wait outside of the line and were told they had no way to do that. We were told our option was to have someone in our party wait outside of the line with our daughter while the rest of the group waited in the line. When they got to the front, the others in our party could contact us. That is what people with small children were doing (that was also what caused the most issue for my DD - the constant in and out and people were passing things like ice cream and soda over her head to other members of their groups).
That didn't work for one meet & greet line because DD and I were alone. I mentioned that and both CMs said they had no way to give a Return Time.

For rides, most of the lines were shorter than 20 minute waits; during regular park hours they don't give DAS Return Times for less than 20 minute waits. And, during the party, they have just one line open, not regular and Fastpass, so there is no other place to let guests in.

no I was saying that at the prty if some one in a wheel chair wanted to go on a ride they would have to accommodate them just like if someone had a child too small to ride they would accommodate them with a rider swap and they use the fast pass line just like the person with the DAS card use the fast pass line
There is only one line open during the parties, not the Fastpass Line and the regular line.

Most lines are accessible and guests with wheelchairs would use the open line for the party that everyone else is using. Guests don't need DAS during parties or regular park hours to go on lines or on an attraction using a wheelchair.

I've not had reason to use child swap during any parties, but I have heard it is not in use either for the parties for the same reasons - only one line is in use and waits are generally short - so there is no Fastpass line to send guests into.

I've not had reason to use child swap during any parties, but I have heard it is not in use either for the parties for the same reasons - only one line is in use and waits are generally short - so there is no Fastpass line to send guests into.

Just got off the phone with customer relations who were returning my email -- they absolutely do offer rider swap during MNSSHP. They confirmed they don't have a FP+ line, but they still issue cards and each attraction treats it differently. But I was assured that yes there is rider swap (but no FP+ or DAS). Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter