DAS registration wait time

3 Hour "renewal" on Tuesday around 2:50PM (same time/day I did it in October and had it done in half an hour). Presumably the winter break is something to do with it. Got logged out about 10 times (tried using Safari and Firefox - didn't seem to make a difference). They did let me make advance selections (but we are just doing one park).
The logging out is normal. It times out about every 30 minutes.
I‘ve heard it a a security ‘feature’ because you are actually logged in and the site can interpret waiting on the text chat as inactivity.
I’ve always followed the instructions in the message and gotten back in

We will be doing DAS for the first time for an April trip. Are you able to tell them what time you would like your ride? one day we will doing the keys tour and it is in the morning. We really don't want ride times during that

We will be doing DAS for the first time for an April trip. Are you able to tell them what time you would like your ride? one day we will doing the keys tour and it is in the morning. We really don't want ride times during that
You can give a general time range for each day.
For example, morning, afternoon or evening - it can be different for each day.
Also, let the CM know any reservations or your tour and the CM will try to find times that work with it.
If you have other questions, the first post in this thread can help answer any other questions about DAS

Is getting DAS in advance necesary? We aren't taking my son again until next January and honestly I hadn't thought about it until this thread. I know he'll be frustrated waiting to do a web chat. We've always just gone and registered our first day of our trips at Guest Services. Can we still do that? Our first day at the parks will be a weekday and I'm not super worried about missing park time as we'll be there for an entire week and we rarely do more than a handful of rides, if even, per day.

Is getting DAS in advance necesary? We aren't taking my son again until next January and honestly I hadn't thought about it until this thread. I know he'll be frustrated waiting to do a web chat. We've always just gone and registered our first day of our trips at Guest Services. Can we still do that? Our first day at the parks will be a weekday and I'm not super worried about missing park time as we'll be there for an entire week and we rarely do more than a handful of rides, if even, per day.
Yes! You can register day of in the parks with Guest Services.

Yes! You can register day of in the parks with Guest Services.
Thank you! We haven't taken him since 2020 and this system wasn't inplace then, we are totally cool with registering once we get there. I appreciate your response.

If you do it in person you won’t get to pick two rides a day to Pre-book. (Personally, that’s nbd to me as I’ve found they often don’t work with how my day is going once I’m in the parks but others feel differently).

If you do it in person you won’t get to pick two rides a day to Pre-book. (Personally, that’s nbd to me as I’ve found they often don’t work with how my day is going once I’m in the parks but others feel differently).
I talked to my son about it and explained the online process and the ability of getting a couple of rides pre-booked. He was very against the idea and said he would prefer to do it the way he's always done it. I will abide by his wishes, so we'll just head into guest relations when we arrive. I'm so glad they still have an in person option.

I just waited about 70 minutes to do my video chat. It did time out on me twice, but went right back to where I was in line after refreshing my browser. I am a bit disappointed I couldn't change the size of the chat window or the text as I have a visual disability, but I did get by. The video chat took less than 5 minutes.

Another tip. I did try last night and I was too close to closing and got a message they were closing for the night. That message was stuck in the chat when I started again today. I tried clearing cache and cookies and going to a new browser and it would not go away. I typed in "hello" and I finally got a notice I was in queue.

Have the wait times to chat with the cast members for a DAS pass gotten better?
- How do you know that all the days of the pre booked attractions was saved on our My Disney Experience Account?
- Do you need to screen shot it before disconnecting with the cast member?

Current wait time: 6+ hours! I logged on at 10am today (saturday) and still have not talked to someone and it's 4:30pm. This is insanity.

Video registered for WDW DAS at exactly 7am EST (6 my time) this past Thursday.

Waited 20 minutes then was connected to a very pleasant and helpful CM. We were done with the DAS acceptance and pic of my son within 5 minutes, including the time it took me to wake him up and get a shirt on him for the required pic. 😂

It couldn’t have gone smoother - definitely recommend trying right when they open if possible.

Current wait time: 6+ hours! I logged on at 10am today (saturday) and still have not talked to someone and it's 4:30pm. This is insanity.
Did you type something in the chat? I think you’re have to type something to get it started.

I did mine on Friday afternoon. I tried in the morning but was having an issue on my end connecting. Tried about 1 pm pst and was connected after about 10 minutes and totally done with the chat and the selecting of rides in about 30 minutes or so.

Early morning seems to be the way to go. We logged in at 7:00 am last Saturday and it took my husband less than an hour to get connected, approved and the DAS advance scheduled. My husband was a bit apprehensive since he heard about some cast members giving a lot of push back but the cast member we got was extremely helpful and friendly.

Logged in around 7:15 this morning so have been waiting almost 2 1/2 hrs for a chat Right now. Had to log back in multiple times and periodically type in hello to try and keep the window active. Can I open a chat on another device and have 2 windows open in case there is an issue with my original connection?

Logged in around 7:15 this morning so have been waiting almost 2 1/2 hrs for a chat Right now. Had to log back in multiple times and periodically type in hello to try and keep the window active. Can I open a chat on another device and have 2 windows open in case there is an issue with my original connection?
Interesting. I went ahead and opened the chat on a second device and connected immediately with a CM. The chat showed active on both devices. So, coincidence in timing or some issue with my original device? Waiting now for CM to finish with other guest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter