• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAS on party nights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrappinmom

WDW, DL & DLP - up next ???
I believe the answer is no if I'm remembering correctly. You can't use the DAS during the hard ticket events (MNSSHP & MVMCP) correct? Because FP is not operating at that time. Hoping someone can tell me if I'm right or not! Thank you

That is correct, although there have been some reports of SDMT using the FP line during parties. I think it varies night by night.

I was able to use mine at the MNSHP this year worked just like it normally dose
it was for the 7DMT they were going to just let me on and I told them I was not ready to ride so they scanned my MB and told me what time to come back.

now that I have more time I thought I would add this I am sorry I am a little bit all over the place on this.

and just as I have said at the end this is my experience with the DAS at the parties I will let you all know more when I go to more

they were using both fast pass and the regular line for HM I did ask if I could use the DAS card there as the line was either 25 or 35 minutes I was told ( like I have been by a few CMs) that as long as the park is opened you can use the DAS card that in the case with HM since both lines were being used I would enter the exit when my turn comes back. I have found that they have always hounded my DAS card even with the extra magical hours with no problem. I did find that during the party the streets were more crowded and the rides besides maybe 2 or 3 had walk on lines or lines under 10 minutes. I think it is very easy to do the parties with out needing the DAS I do not know if I am just lucky and I get the CM that are letting me use the DAS card when other on here say it can not be used but I can just tell you have I have seen for my self and my experience with the DAS. and most likely I would not have even bothered to go on the ride if it had not been the fact that CMs at the park were saying I could use the DAS card and people on here was saying no. one thing that was a little different using the DAS card at the party was at the second check point the CM held out her had like I had a rider shawp I said I had a DAS and she say ok and pointed to the scanner I scanned and it turned green and she pointed me to line 1. I am not doing this to start an augment or anything I am just staying what I have exsprinced I would go to the parties like you will not be able to use the DAS and ask if you can at rides. there is a small change that I will go to another MNSHP this year and I will let you all know how it works out and I already have a MVMCP ticket

Been going to the parties almost ten years, several a year and never saw DAS/GAC or anything being utilized. I went to the party tonight so I figured I would check around. I went to numerous attractions with my DS and asked if we could utilize the DAS during the party. Every single one of them told me no. There are no FP+ lines open and they were not doing DAS. I did decide to try the 7DMT and he told me "no they do not use the DAS during parties" - he then looked at my DS who is obviously disabled and said "but for you I will do something special and you may ride now." He scanned my band and handed us a re-ad ticket. It was very obviously some pixie dust that came our way that I appreciated and would not expect it to happen again. So every attraction that I asked said "no" and honestly even with a sold out party, the only long line was 7DMT and Peter Pan was 30 minutes. Everything else was about 15 or less.

hopper that is the total opposite of what happened to me there was nothing that gave me the impression that this was something extra that they were doing for me when I asks d for a DAS at the party I did get the impression that not many people were asking for a return time when asked witch I could see as most lines are very short and there are things you can do at the party that you can not do normally I have also never had a problem getting a return time at extra magical hours either and people on here say you can not use it during extra the only time I have ever had a problem with getting a return time was when there was extra magical hours at 8 and they let people in early I was at 7DMT at 7:50 something and the CM said it would not work until 8 and offered to just let me walk on the line was already at 30 minute I said I did not mind waiting the 10 minutes and when the 10 minutes came the line was at 60 minutes the CM set up the return time for me to come back for 10 minutes since that is when I would have. I do think the parties are fun and very do able for people with disabilities with or without the DAS. I know for my self that I will go to more parties and if there is a ride I want to go on with a long line I will ask and be fine either way although disney is good I have notice they are not consistent with how they do things they never have in my 30+ years of going and I do not think they every will be either

Wow - it looks like there's a lot of discrepancy (surprise right?). I think I will go into it thinking we can't use it & then be happy if we are allowed. I wasn't planning on a lot of rides anyway but wanted to make sure there were choices just in case.

that is what I do I go for the extra magical hours and the parties and do not expect to be able to use my DAS card since that is what I hear here that you can not use it at either. I have never had a problems with using it. but at the party the lines for rides are most under 10 minutes and you paid more money to do things that you can not do at other times so I did not see a resin why you would want to ride the rides. If you can stay for the second parade it is a lot less crowded and I watched it from the flag poll and had plenty of room and in fact there was not a lot of people there at all another thing is I watched the fire works in front of first aid walk way like if you are walking out of first aid going toward the castle as soon as the T off I sat along the railing they were letting one row of people sit there great view since most of the fire works are shot off right in front of you your need to be there about 30 minutes early for this spot. but have fun I think my chance of going again this year looks slim but I will be going to MVMCP in 6 weeks

Since you can get it at 4pm, can you set up fastpasses from 4-7pm? I know you can use the DAS until 7.

Since you can get it at 4pm, can you set up fastpasses from 4-7pm? I know you can use the DAS until 7.
Most lines are under 10 minutes for the party but I had no problem using my DAS at MNSHP this year other have been told they could not use it

I'm following. I used the "chat" on the Disney website a few months ago to ask this questions and the person told me of course I could use the DAS at the party but I probably wouldn't need to because there wouldn't be long lines. Maybe they gave me wrong information.

I have asked several CM at the rides this question and all of them have said yes there was a manager there one time and he said as long as the ride is operating you can use a DAS for it. He told me it was agents the law for them not to give someone with a disability assess to a ride kind of like telling someone in a wheel chair they can not go on BTMR

I have asked several CM at the rides this question and all of them have said yes there was a manager there one time and he said as long as the ride is operating you can use a DAS for it. He told me it was agents the law for them not to give someone with a disability assess to a ride kind of like telling someone in a wheel chair they can not go on BTMR

Since there isn't an equivalent for everyone else (FP) during the party, it isn't against the law. They aren't denying anyone access.

Regardless, you're the only person (aside from maybe one other person who used it for one ride) that has ever reported here in 2 years being able to use the DAS during the party. The old GAC, which had less restrictions, also couldn't be used.

You're experience, while valid, is incredibly rare. As reported by many many people on this forum, the DAS and FP are both not in use during the party. Someone is obviously welcome to ask, but no one should to in with the idea that it will work.

I'm following. I used the "chat" on the Disney website a few months ago to ask this questions and the person told me of course I could use the DAS at the party but I probably wouldn't need to because there wouldn't be long lines. Maybe they gave me wrong information.

Never use chat. They're awful at giving accurate info!

Since there isn't an equivalent for everyone else (FP) during the party, it isn't against the law. They aren't denying anyone access.

Regardless, you're the only person (aside from maybe one other person who used it for one ride) that has ever reported here in 2 years being able to use the DAS during the party. The old GAC, which had less restrictions, also couldn't be used.

You're experience, while valid, is incredibly rare. As reported by many many people on this forum, the DAS and FP are both not in use during the party. Someone is obviously welcome to ask, but no one should to in with the idea that it will work.

This is exactly what I was going to say as well.

At the few rides such as BTM where there is a different W/C entrance, nothing has changed operationally at the park that would impact this. However without offering FP+ to all guests, allowing a guest to walk through the FP+ line and get on the ride is akin to Front of the Line Pass, which is preferential treatment.

This is exactly what I was going to say as well.

At the few rides such as BTM where there is a different W/C entrance, nothing has changed operationally at the park that would impact this. However without offering FP+ to all guests, allowing a guest to walk through the FP+ line and get on the ride is akin to Front of the Line Pass, which is preferential treatment.
the times I have used it for the party and for extra magical hours the CM at the second check point have all said that they will be with me in a minute while they let the gust in the stand by line go then after maybe two or three minutes they stop the regular line and ask me to scan my MB during the normal very rearly stop at the second check point then you are in line with other guest after this point so it is not front of the line pass.

I just went to a party several years ago which had huge crowds. It was crazy. Praying for smaller crowds. Thinking we will do what rides we most want from 4-7pm, then do more of shows and parades from 7-10. Crowds did seem to clear out after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter