DAS at Guest Services outside of the Park

stitchlovestink

DIS Veteran
I know several people have inquired about getting a DAS outside of the park. I wanted to share that I was able to obtain one at GS outside of Epcot earlier this week. I had to pick up my tickets from GS (instead of the regular ticket booth) and I politely asked if I could acquire one there instead of having to stand in yet another line. He was very kind and helpful! I think the one big difference is though is outside GS cannot give you your first ride time. So if that is super important, I would not get it at the outside GS location. Other than that it was an easy process! :)

Thanks for reporting back. Our first day will be going to Epcot so we may stop there instead of inside the park. Worst thing that happens is that they say no, right?

Girlie,
I think when you get your DAS they will usually write in your first ride for you.

Thanks for reporting back. Our first day will be going to Epcot so we may stop there instead of inside the park. Worst thing that happens is that they say no, right?
When they won't issue DAS at the outside of the park guest relations, it's usually because it is quite busy.
If there are lots of people either ticket issues or picking up tickets, they ask anyone who can go inside to Guest Relations to do that so they cAn take care of those with ticket issues outside.

On our last trip, we got DD's DAS outside at Epcot and had a very long wait. We has an issue with our annual passes, so had no choice but to wait. When we finished, the line at outside Guest Relations was still very long.
As we passed Guest Relations inside, the wait there was actually quite short.

We got ours in November at GS outside MK. The line was not long, but initially we were told we had to go inside the park. We were not going to the parks on that day so eventually they agreed to issue one outside of the park, but we were sent to another CM who could take a picture.

Hej2222 said:
We got ours in November at GS outside MK. The line was not long, but initially we were told we had to go inside the park. We were not going to the parks on that day so eventually they agreed to issue one outside of the park, but we were sent to another CM who could take a picture.

Interesting! HE just held his IPad up and took my picture thru the glass. My picture was definitely on the darker side on my DAS card but it was still clear enough to identify it was me. :)

SueM in MN said:
When they won't issue DAS at the outside of the park guest relations, it's usually because it is quite busy.
If there are lots of people either ticket issues or picking up tickets, they ask anyone who can go inside to Guest Relations to do that so they cAn take care of those with ticket issues outside.

On our last trip, we got DD's DAS outside at Epcot and had a very long wait. We has an issue with our annual passes, so had no choice but to wait. When we finished, the line at outside Guest Relations was still very long.
As we passed Guest Relations inside, the wait there was actually quite short.

That makes sense but since I had to wait in that line anyway to pick up my tickets, it didn't seem unreasonable to ask for them to take care of both needs at the same GS location rather than send me to another GS location to stand in yet another line. I guess I was fortunate, there were only 3 or 4 people in line in front of me. I only waited 5 minutes at most to be called to a window.

Interesting! HE just held his IPad up and took my picture thru the glass. My picture was definitely on the darker side on my DAS card but it was still clear enough to identify it was me. :)
When we were there, the CMs were coming out out of the building with iPads to take the picture. Then they went back in to pick it up from the printer.
That would give better pictures than taking it thru glass, but the picture quality is still not eons earful.

We got our DAS at GR outside of AK. There were only 2 people ahead of us at GR when we got there so not much wait. We had plenty of time before RD so it was better waiting there than in line anyway. The CM did have to come out with his iPad to get DD16's picture. It was a very friendly and pleasant experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter