DAS and questions at attractions

I have an invisible disability and qualify for a DAS. I remember being questioned at line entrances with my GAC about why I had it and what I needed. When I have used a DAS it was only for 1 day and 1 ride and I just can't remember if they asked me those types of questions. I'm taking a trip soon with a nosy friend and I would really like to use it on the 1 or 2 rides per day I need it and I know I can sneak away to get the card signed but will I get outed at the ride entrance? I was planning on just telling her I had a special pass and not explaining further about the medical neccessity.
The OP did not specify what type of 'special pass' she was going to tell her friend she was using.
So, it's not clear if Rhe was going to tell her it was a disability related pass, but just was not comfortable explaining further about her disability.
But, since she asks if she 'will get outed' when she uses it, it appears she might not want the friend to know it is disability related at all. We don't know because she did not give enough information.
Sure she has the right to her privacy - but if she's going to use a disability card, it's unreasonable to expect that a traveling companion would ask why she has one. She certainly has the right to not disclose why, of course.
I agree.
True, DAS is a tool that she has a right to use if it makes her trip easier. But, using it is likely to be noticed by her friend - even if the friend is not trying to be nosy. The card says, "Disability Access Service" on it, and the friend is likely to see that during use.

She has a couple of choices - one is to not use it at all. If she doesn't use it, there is zero % chance that her friend will see it and ask questions.

She is assuming she would need DAS, but she might be able to use Fastpasses instead - if she could, there would be no questions to answer.

One choice is to use it, but try to make the friend think it is some other kind of 'special card' not related to disability. As many people have posted, the friend is very likely to see the words on the card and possibly be even more curious.

Another choice would be to use the card and if the friend asks, just politely say she would rather not discuss (as Laura66 mentioned).

And, the last one I can think of right now would be to tell the friend up front the bare minimum she feels comfortable discussing and that she will be using a special card to meet her needs.

And, it's really up to her to weigh everything and decide whether she feels her privacy outweighs her need for assistance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter