• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Darn D600! Why do you have to be a duster?

I still can't believe that this would be common on FF cameras. I just cleaned the sensor for the 3rd time in a month. It's definitely oil and not just dust because it is pretty tough to get off. The rocket blower doesn't get much off. For my upcoming WDW trip I'll have to order another bottle of Eclipse.

How many of you carry a bottle of sensor cleaning fluid in your camera bag? I never did till now.

I believe this to be a model specific issue. I don't think that every FX camera has it as bad as the D600 seems to.

If you search for ANYTHING on Google, you will find results. I could start a thread here that I own a new breed of winged dogs that spits fire. That should not be construed as making it true.

Instead of doing a simple Google search, seeing forum results, and assuming all FX cameras have the same problem, I'd suggest actually reading some non-forum posts on this issue. The LensRental articles would be a good place to start. The issues with the D600 are the most serious I've heard of any camera having.

Ugh. DH just ordered this camera today. Now I'm less than excited. He claims he researched (I typically do our camera research) and he had it ordered before I even knew what model he was getting.

Just make sure you order some swabs and cleaning fluid like Eclipse. I have cleaned mine 4 times so far. I don't mind cleaning but I hate removing spots in PP especially when there are plenty of spots.

Ugh. DH just ordered this camera today. Now I'm less than excited. He claims he researched (I typically do our camera research) and he had it ordered before I even knew what model he was getting.

If you ordered today from a big retailer that cycles through inventory, you probably won't even have this issue.

Even if you do, this is still an awesome camera.

We ordered from amazon. It will be here tonight. So they have corrected the issue with newer bodies?

Tom said that they fixed the problem but from what I read on the DPReview forums lately is that people are getting their cameras back from Nikon and the problem continues.

Tom said that they fixed the problem but from what I read on the DPReview forums lately is that people are getting their cameras back from Nikon and the problem continues.

Really?! That's disappointing.

Someone on NikonRumors said there was a fix that involved adjusting the way the mirror moved. I can't find a link now, but that was about a month ago. If there are still problems, either that wasn't true, or the Nikon techs making the fixes aren't doing something right.

Tom, I dont know. People on Flickr and DPREVIEW who are just getting their cameras back are still getting the oil/dust.

I just sold my body this morning and shipped it off. Maybe next time Nikon!!!!

Tom, I dont know. People on Flickr and DPREVIEW who are just getting their cameras back are still getting the oil/dust.

I just sold my body this morning and shipped it off. Maybe next time Nikon!!!!

Getting something else instead? Or what will be your primary camera now?

People on DPR are still reporting this issue with both newly serviced and brand new examples. Amazon has also been known to send out 'old' serial numbers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter