Darla's Disney Magic July 7, 2001 Cruise Trip report

ILuvDVC

Mouseketeer
ILuvDVC's Old Key West Page

If you click on the above link, it will take you to my web page, where I have my 7 day cruise trip report. Just click on the Disney Magic July 7, 2001 cruise icon.

There are pictures and lots of writing. For those that do not enjoy trip reports, you can always view the pictures.

Enjoy :)

We too were on your cruise last week. From what we heard the poor man who was taken ill was on the ship when it happened. My teen son was friends w/ another teen who said the man collapsed on Deck 2 right outside or near his room. All these people were around him and tending to him. I assumed he was then brought to the health facility and kept there til the helicopter could arrive because we saw a car/truck driving out to the island and meeting the helicopter after 9:30pm. We had to stay there because it's probably easier to pick someone up if were not at sea.

From what we heard the poor man who was taken ill was on the ship when it happened. My teen son was friends w/ another teen who said the man collapsed on Deck 2 right outside or near his room.

Thanks for the update, we heard he had a pace maker and was snorkling. Of course, it was all just talk. We couldn't understand why we could have had him on the ship, going home. Laying done in a state room, I mean, what would have happened to him, had we been at sea?

ILuvDVC was wondering what happens if you are ill at sea- here's what happened on our 7 day Magic cruise last Thanksgiving, 2nd day into the trip(day at sea) it was announced that a guest was seriously ill and was going to be taken from the ship by Coast Guard helicopter to the nearest island hospital. The ship stopped and everyone went to the front to look for the chopper, when it arrived, a basket was dropped and a nurse from the ship boarded, then it dropped a stretcher and the the patient was brought up by rope, swinging back and forth on the stretcher, it was difficult for the Coast guard personal to pull the stretcher in. Everyone cheered and cried, it was very exciting and emotional. We spoke to one of the first officers at the Captain's gala and he said that was the first time that happened and the only thing that they would do differantly would be to drain the employees pool at the front of the ship, because they got splashed when the helicopter came close. They did update everyone on the man's condition later in the week, he was ok. This did not hinder our trip at all, the boat made up for lost time. It's amazing what they can do in an emergency and it makes that extra insurance protection look pretty good!

We were wondering, why we didn't travel for those 4 hours we waited on the Helicopter, that way the guy could have gotten to the hospital sooner. Maybe he couldn't be moved?

They gave us an update on the man also, said he was critical, but in satisfactory condition.

Great report Darla. I love your reports because the pictures at the end always finish the story. Your niece is adorable. Glad you got to have such a great time and with so many friends!

Thanks for the great trip report. I especially enjoyed your pictures. I am in the market for a digital camera and was wondering exactly what kind you used! I would really appreciate it if you would let me know. Thanks in advance.

Fantastic trip report!:bounce: The photographs were beautiful. I am so glad you all had a wonderful time!!!!:bounce:

Thanks for the great trip report. I especially enjoyed your pictures. I am in the market for a digital camera and was wondering exactly what kind you used! I would really appreciate it if you would let me know. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for all the kind words. I love taking pictures :) And having a digital camera that takes great pictures, well, it just makes it all so much fun!

Anyhow, my camera is an Olympus C-2100 Ultra Zoom. It is only 2.1 megapixels, but the 10x zoom makes up for it! I've printed out an 8 x 10 and they are beautiful, so I'm very happy with it. At first, I wanted the 3.3 mega pixels, but I'd take the 10x zoom over the mega pixels anyday.

Hope this helps!

I honestly cannot wait to be cruising again :cool:

Wow, your photos are the BEST. Really enjoyed your trip report too. Thanks for sharing it with us. Great website you have, very well organized and easy to navigate. I love the details too.

Wow, your photos are the BEST. Really enjoyed your trip report too. Thanks for sharing it with us. Great website you have, very well organized and easy to navigate. I love the details too.

Awe shucks :p

Thanks.....

GREAT report and photo's. We sail in August. I can't wait.
You just made me want it to hurry up and get here. My
DH even enjoyed your report.

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter