• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dapper Days??

neonderlyn

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip for 2016 Spring dapper days, i have looked online at their page and found the discounted rooms which I plan on booking today. My questions is are there discounted tickets for the parks offered or shoudl i just go ahead and purchase tickets as i normally would through orbitz or whatever is offering the best cash back right now?

There will be discounted tickets, but probably not available until closer to the time. Dapper day discount has usually been about $30-$60 depending on # days, so it's up to you if you think actual ticket prices won't increase more than that by then.

If your are staying at one of the three resort hotels , you should tell them to add tickets to your reservation. Tell them what kind and how many and they will hold them for you at whatever the price is at the time you order.We booked rooms and tickets couple months ago for Spring 2016. We got 5 day park hoppers for $251. Regular price at that time was $305. They just raised prices but we are locked in at $251

The tickets for Dapper Days are convention rates. I don`t think you can get a better deal. When you check in they will give you the hard tickets. They have dates on them , only valid during the period around Dapper Days.

Your deposit on the room will also hold your tickets for you, you won`t have to pay for them right now.

Last edited:
I have a reservation at the GCH for 2016 dapper days. If they can hold rates for tickets that would.be great but the rates for Dapper Days convention prices haven't been released yet and wont be for some time but it's an interesting idea.

I made reservations over the phone for the GCH on May 6 for Spring 2016 Dapper Days and they quoted me the rates for park hoppers and said that the price is locked in .I did the same for Fall 2014 Dapper Days and they quoted the rates and locked them at that price . They held the tickets with just my Hotel deposit .

Last edited:
Grand Californian - $254.00/night
4 day PH for 2 - $508

Four night stay with tickets saved $1,154.32!

Made reservations 7/20/15 one night's deposit, tickets locked in price held at resort, if prices go down, price will be reduced but can not go higher.

Last edited:
Great Deal !!! $ 254/ night for the GCH. We also , booked a room for another family member at the Paradise Pier for $ 184 plus tickets on July 8. Concierge for the GCH is an additional $225 = $479 Standard View for anyone who wants to try it. Normally Concierge is $750 - $800 and up depending on View. We did it for one room in 2014 just to see if it was worth it. The kids liked it and snacked there alot , but I figured 5 people would have to eat and drink $50/day each from there to make it worth while.

I'll try calling on Monday to see about adding tickets to my existing reservation. I was told you couldn't upgrade to a better view with this rate but they did offer me pricing on Concierge upgrades.

I was quoted:

Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa: $479.00 plus tax, per night

Disneyland Hotel: $404.00 plus tax, per night

Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel: $334.00 plus tax, per night

I was told you couldn't upgrade to a better view with this rate

True, I tried to upgrade to Park View and was told the same thing. The Standard View Concierge room we got overlooked the Valet Parking entrance. It was on the 6th floor. We asked for our second and third rooms ( regular not Concierge ) to be as close as possible to it and they gave us ones a few doors down the hall that were joining rooms. The Concierge room is bigger than the regular rooms by about 3 feet and had a couch with a hide-a-bed. The view was nice and quiet but would have preferred Courtyard or Park View. What was nice was that we were close to the elevators and the Craftsman Lounge.

I'm going to call group reservations today to see about adding tickets to my existing reservations. Shall I just asked about adding convention tickets to my booking or any suggestions for how I should ask? do you think they'll be able to add twilight tickets?

Yes, just call 714-520-5005 and give them your reservation number. Not sure about twilight tickets.

So I called the convention number and it couldn't have been easier. Spoke to a lovely lady who said this was the smartest move I made all day. Locked in at the 2015 price and added a twilight ticket. 5 day hopped was 269$

Thanks so much for the tip

Ohhhh I want to do this! But, not sure if I'll have any takers with me. Is the first night non-refundable now with the Dapper Day rates?

The web site says that the first night deposit is non-refundable but I placed the reservation over the phone and the nice woman told me that I would need a 5 day notice to cancel ( guess that means cancel 5 days before my arrival date ) with no charge to cancel and can reschedule anytime. Call and ask.714-520-5005 Dapper Days Convention rates and reservations

We hit a heat wave in Sept 2014 for our Dapper Day . Triple digits all 5 days , 105 on one plus it was humid. I`m hoping for cooler weather for Spring 2016. With El Nino we may even see a little rain.

Last edited:
The web site says that the first night deposit is non-refundable but I placed the reservation over the phone and the nice woman told me that I would need a 5 day notice to cancel ( guess that means cancel 5 days before my arrival date ) with no charge and can reschedule anytime. Call and ask.714-520-5005 Dapper Days Convention rates and reservations

Ohhh thank you! I will call tomorrow!

Be aware that May 5-8, 2016 is Tinkerbell Half Marathon, very crowded. Dapper Day itself is May 1 and the convention rates for the rooms and tickets are for the week before and the week after.

So I called today to add a ticket to my reservation and was told that tickets were not open for Dapper Days yet and to call back later. :confused3

Hmmm that's odd! Try again perhaps with a new CM. I said can I add convention tickets to this reservation and that was it

Hmmm that's odd! Try again perhaps with a new CM. I said can I add convention tickets to this reservation and that was it

I'll try again. The cast member was very nice and explained all of the ticket options and explained what a twilight ticket was. But then he said dapper day ticket reservation window was not open yet and he could not tell from the system when it would open.

Be aware that May 5-8, 2016 is Tinkerbell Half Marathon, very crowded. Dapper Day itself is May 1 and the convention rates for the rooms and tickets are for the week before and the week after.

So would you suggest doing a twilight ticket on Saturday and five days Sunday through Thursday and avoiding Friday and the next Saturday? Thursday would be the 5th. Would the first day be that crowded?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter