Dapper Days/Disney bounding

azdisneylover

DIS Veteran
Hello, all.

I was searching the web for clothes for my continually growing teenagers and I came across this site and thought of Disney Dapper Days and Disney bounding. There is a very big variety of styles on this site, so be prepared. (You might want to make sure little ones are out of eye shot.)

I haven't purchased anything from this site yet, but some of the prices look to be too good to be true! (Yes, I know that old saying about things that look to be too good to be true, are just that). You can put together a complete outfit, including shoes, jewelery, purse and clothes for a fraction of the cost of other stores.

The site is www.sammydress.com

Linda

Hmmm...you go first and let us know how it turns out. They have cute dresses, but I'd be afraid of what I'd get for those prices.

There are some really cute things on there and the prices are very low! I think that these are like the Gothic Lolita clothes--very small and most of them are very short. Look at the sizing--XL = 37" bust and 30" waist. I'm guessing this is one of the many Asian copy-cat sites. I would probably go with something I knew or at least check for reviews of the site.

*After a quick Google search, I saw enough in reviews to convince me to stay away. I didn't delve too deeply, but I don't like the sound of it. You're at the mercy of a foreign company that isn't easy to get in touch with

Thank you both for responding to my post. I will search out the site more, but I think I will stick with stores I know. It is hard to keep kids in clothes (especially when they are going through growing spurts). A couple of the shorts are the same shorts sold at Kohls, but for a huge discount.

I will keep my eyes open and my $$$ in my wallet a bit longer!
Thanks again!

I thought I should add to what I said above and confess that I actually ordered some things from a site like that. I got my things with no problem (the company was in China) but I later learned that there are lots of sites like that that essentially steal someone else's line and copy them with cheaper fabrics etc but use the genuine company's photos and description. I felt a little guilty after I learned that, but when I looked into it more, I found that the site I used was not one of the listed ones to stay away from, but was listed as questionable. To be honest, I just wanted something cute and cheap, and that's what I got. The quality was fine, btw, but I think I'll probably stick to places I know more about from now on. I don't like the idea of stealing someone else's creative work.

Anyway, thanks for posting! I'm always looking for something like that! I used to get good things from eshakti during their sales but they've since changed their policy on using coupons so it's not the big savings it used to be, sigh. I bought 2 dresses that were free when I used a coupon they'd sent me, but I had to pay for the postage which was $9+. Now, though, they have a minimum you have to pay before you can use a discount coupon and it's higher than I usually want to go for a Dapper Day dress.

For those prices I'd be really suspicious that something's not right. (If it sounds too good to be true...) I have had really good luck with Hot Topic. They have lots of coupons online and frequent specials.

I like.. not...how on the site in question a one size fits all top fits no larger than a 34. something bust. Yeah right.
So if your a 36 or larger, it isn't going to fit well if at all man. :faint:

Even the "plus size" one size fits all is a 40 inch bust. Yeah. Not made for Americans. I once ordered from a similar site and the jacket I ordered still hadn't been shipped after 3 months. I cancelled the order. But in doing research I found that in certain countries, they don't have the same rules we have here about knock-offs, selling a different product than appears in the picture, etc. If you're looking for reasonably priced Dapper Day dresses, look at starletsandharlets.com. Some of their stuff is kind of expensive, but if you look for the cheaper stuff and sales, you can get a fairly nice dress for under $40. Modcloth occasionally also has really good deals.

If you google the site you'll see that the reviews are not good. The stuff is inexpensive but also cheaply made and inconsistent sizing. I researched it when a bathing suit ad popped up on my facebook feed a while back.

I've had better luck with these kind of sites by shopping with them through eBay. That way, if something goes wrong or if the order never arrives, at least you're covered by eBay and Paypal.

. I found that the site I used was not one of the listed ones to stay away from, but was listed as questionable. To be honest, I just wanted something cute and cheap, and that's what I got.

Would it be possible to tell me where to locate the list of sites to just stay away from and not waste my time and money, please? If not, point me in the direction?

Thank you.

Would it be possible to tell me where to locate the list of sites to just stay away from and not waste my time and money, please? If not, point me in the direction?

Thank you.
This is specific to Lolita style clothing, but many Dapper styles are in there http://hellolace.net/shopping/where-to-buy
I agree with a PP that ebay is a good way to go since you have some protection that way. Many of the Asian shops will sell through ebay.

Here are a few sites that sell Lolita that I like. Most have some Disney or Disney-inspired clothes, but keep in mind that Lolita is often pretty costume-y (which is why I like it :) ) but they're usually pictured with big petticoats underneath, which you can leave out. They're great for sailor styles.
http://clobbaonline.com/index.php?p=1_17
http://www.my-lolita-dress.com/

Probably the best way to check a site is just to google it for reviews and see what is said about it by others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter