• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dapper days crowds

rpmdpm

Earning My Ears
I'm staying at the GC on Wednesday 9/23 and Thursday 9/24. I see how most standard rooms are sold out because of Dapper Days rates. My question is...do you think the parks will be more crowded on these days because people got the Dapper Day rate? Or are the Dapper Day crowds gone after the initial weekend (9/18 and 9/19) and festivities are over?

I went in February. Dapper Days definitely sees a bump in crowds. And while it's nothing like a summer day or holiday, it's still busier than if you went on some ordinary weekday. The week after Dapper Days should see the crowds drop from the actual Day, but there will of course still be some residual crowd. But these crowds are negligible. Definitely good touring crowds.

We went for Dapper Day last September, as well as this past March. Though the Fri/Sat/Sun of both Dapper weekends were pretty busy, Fall Dapper Day was not nearly as busy. During the week, I think our longest way time was 20 min. The only noticeable difference we saw in crowds was the Friday evening of the actual event. Its now our favorite time to go, especially with the Halloween decorations!

So Friday Sept 18th should be pretty packed at night?

Does this increase the ride wait times or do the Dappers spend more of their time in events?

I saw on another site that Wed is listed as a 1 on a scale of 1-10 for crowds (10 being the busiest). Thursday is listed as a 3 and Friday the 18th as a 5. We will be there during that week as well. Friday afternoon/evening is always crowded so we just get an early start.

We went to Fall Dapper Day last year and the Friday evening of the event was crowded but manageable, and lots of fun! The days leading up to it were amazingly empty! (As "empty" as DL can get) DH and I have both agreed that its our favorite time to visit.

I've gone the last two February dapper days. In 2014, the crowd was INSANE, worse than I have ever seen it at DL (DCA wasn't bad). It was pretty warm out that day and it was a weekend, so maybe that's why it was so high, but it was definitely busy. I should add the days around it were relatively empty, just that day was crazy. This last February, it wasn't bad at all, not even close to the crowds I saw in Feb 14'. For 2015, the weather sucked for dapper day, it rained most of the morning. The days around it were not that busy, totally manageable. I think the weather caused a lot of locals to skip attending.

Next month will be the first fall dapper day I've attended. It's on a Friday, so I am expecting crowds, but I assume it will start out manageable and just get busier as the day goes on and locals get off work, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter