• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Danielle & Chris: 11-11-11 WP/ADH/DP Wedding PJ/TR - Complete *(1 Year Anniversary)

Ahh November is here! Your Halloween fun and dinner with your Disney Store crew sound so fun! I'm really excited for you!

Oh and random, I saw a woman at the library last week that I thought looked like you. You have a doppleganger in Durham, NC!

I'm glad YOUR list is shrinking... I'm thinking of finding an assistant for a week :laughing:

I also wanted to inform you that I WILL be creeping on your DP. I have dinner at Tutto Italia at 9:15 and plan to get a slushie in France and creep around to check out the DPs, lol.

Next week we will be Married--that's right--next week. The week after that we will be running around like chickens changing our name on EVERYTHING (I already have new checks picked out, lol). I can't believe we've made it!! :yay:

Creep away! I will try and keep an eye out for you as the photographers are shooting us. :laughing: You have 1 week, lady!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

Ahh November is here! Your Halloween fun and dinner with your Disney Store crew sound so fun! I'm really excited for you!

Oh and random, I saw a woman at the library last week that I thought looked like you. You have a doppleganger in Durham, NC!

Thanks! I know, I can't believe it's November, can you?!
Ahaha, and that's awesome! I love doppelgangers!

This time next week we'll be rehearsing! :eek::woohoo:

Today I get to pick up my dress!!! I am so excited (but nervous cause it's SO heavy).

The list has shrunk, thank goodness! I got a lot done yesterday.

Things left to do:
Finish assembling Welcome Bags (1 more treat bag and print all newsletters).
Complete Drinking Around the World Shirts (Design done, just need to iron them on).
Ceremony programs (Typed up, just need to print).
Design door hanger (Just for Chris and myself).
Pick up wedding dress !!! (TODAY).
Nails (Going Sunday with the almost-sister!).

This is one of the completed treats going in the welcome bags:
taffy.jpg

A little taffy bag and the tag says,
"Savor the flavors of Disney's BoardWalk
Danielle & Chris 11/11/11"

And on the back,
"Wedding Reception Location:
Disney's Atlantic Dance Hall
on the BoardWalk"

I'm doing one more treat bag to represent our ceremony location, so I'm doing tea with a Grand Floridian tag.

Alright, off to finish! Happy Thursday!

This is one of the completed treats going in the welcome bags:
taffy.jpg

A little taffy bag and the tag says,
"Savor the flavors of Disney's BoardWalk
Danielle & Chris 11/11/11"

And on the back,
"Wedding Reception Location:
Disney's Atlantic Dance Hall
on the BoardWalk"

I'm doing one more treat bag to represent our ceremony location, so I'm doing tea with a Grand Floridian tag.

Alright, off to finish! Happy Thursday!

I love this!! What a great idea, and oh so cute! I'm really jealous that I didn't think of it for my wedding last month! Your guests will adore them! :thumbsup2

Eeek you're SO close! I am so excited! And I love your favor bag with the Boardwalk logo, it looks SO good. :goodvibes

Are you happy that you saved some projects until the end? Is it stopping you from going stark-raving-mad-with-excitement like I would be?

And :hug:for thinking about me when you got Mulan! I am so excited. I'll bet she looks beautyful in your home.

Oh my goodness, you are getting married next week!! :dancer:

I really love the little treat for the welcome bags, what a clever idea!

our favors are so cute~
i love the mulan doll~i saw her at d23 and the only way to get the dolls was to buy them ALL together, which is insanely crazy.

Ellie sweetie - Just popping by to catch up!! The parties look like so much fun and yay for the Mulan doll. She is so pretty!!!
I love the little bags for the Welcome bags!! So clever!! What is 'taffy'. I see it all over in the US and hear about it on these boards, but I am not entirely sure what it is!! We don't have it in the UK.

I love taffy! Such a great addition to your welcome goodies!

Joanne - Taffy is a chewy candy and salt water taffy is commonly sold at the beach. Very good stuff!

I love this!! What a great idea, and oh so cute! I'm really jealous that I didn't think of it for my wedding last month! Your guests will adore them! :thumbsup2

Thank you! I hope they do :)

Eeek you're SO close! I am so excited! And I love your favor bag with the Boardwalk logo, it looks SO good. :goodvibes

Are you happy that you saved some projects until the end? Is it stopping you from going stark-raving-mad-with-excitement like I would be?

And :hug:for thinking about me when you got Mulan! I am so excited. I'll bet she looks beautyful in your home.

Thanks! I am actually upset with myself that I saved so many projects until the end. :guilty: I honestly wanted to be done with everything about 1 week before we left, but that never happened. I am almost done now (only 1 project left), but I'm starting to feel the pressure.
Yay! My Mulan is gorgeous! :goodvibes

Oh my goodness, you are getting married next week!! :dancer:

I really love the little treat for the welcome bags, what a clever idea!

Ahhhh! Just a couple days! And thanks, Becky!

our favors are so cute~
i love the mulan doll~i saw her at d23 and the only way to get the dolls was to buy them ALL together, which is insanely crazy.

Thank you!!!
YIKES. I love them all, but I don't think I love them that much to buy them all! :rotfl:

Ellie sweetie - Just popping by to catch up!! The parties look like so much fun and yay for the Mulan doll. She is so pretty!!!
I love the little bags for the Welcome bags!! So clever!! What is 'taffy'. I see it all over in the US and hear about it on these boards, but I am not entirely sure what it is!! We don't have it in the UK.

Thanks Joanne! Taffy is a chewy candy, usually in fruit flavors. When I read up a description it says it's similar to toffee.

I love taffy! Such a great addition to your welcome goodies!

Joanne - Taffy is a chewy candy and salt water taffy is commonly sold at the beach. Very good stuff!

Mmm, I could eat taffy all day! :laughing: Thanks!

I love the Kowloon!!! Looks like you had so much fun on your night out! Yay for being so close!!!:yay:

Kowloon is good! Thank you! I can't believe it!

Never posted our Rehearsal Lunch Menu--Here it is!
I don't know what the final total is (after taxes and such) because my future in-laws are footing the bill, but this might help some of you in the future. I think we're getting quite a bit of food for that amount.

Rehearsal Lunch - Whitehall Room & Patio
Buffet Menu "Three Caballeros"

Shrimp, Tomatillo, Toasted Cumin and Fire-roasted Corn Chowder

Medley of Field Greens and Herbs Salad with Balsamic and Ranch Dressings

Yucatan Fried Rice with Grilled Veggies

Mesquite Barbecue Pork Shanks

Build-your-own: Chicken Fajita and Beef Taco with meats, Flour Shells, Tortilla Chips, Nacho Cheese, Lettuce, Cheddar Cheese, Sour Cream, Salsa, Guacamole, Olives and Jalapeños

Cornbread with Orange-Jalapeño Marmalade and Cilantro Butter

Chocolate Kalua Cheesecake
Tequila Mousse Torte

Coffee, Tea

= $50.00 per guest

Plus the Soda & Bottled Water Package (for 2 hours)

Assortment of Soft Drinks, Fruit Juice and Bottled Water

= $12.50 per guest

This was our final floral bill that we paid. Prices jumped back up due to our increased guest list. Hope this helps someone!

Wedding Party Floral:

Bride's Bouquet: Presentation-style bouquet of white standard calla lilies and 1 full stem of white cymbidium orchids. Accent the bouquet with 1 clear Swarovski Mickey. Tie stems with antique white satin ribbon. - $250.00
1 Mickey crystal - $3.00

Floral Refresh for MK bridal shoot - $75.00

7 Bridesmaids Bouquets: French hand-tied bouquet of 9 burnt orange mini calla lilies. Tie stems with milk chocolate satin ribbon. - $770.00

3 Flower Girls: Burnt orange and white rose petals for their baskets. - $37.50

13 Boutonnières: Burnt orange mini calla lily with lily grass. - $195.00
2 Mickey crystals - $6.00

3 Corsages: White mini calla lily with orange filler flower, greens and a petite sheer white bow for the wrist. - $78.00

Ceremony Floral and Decor:

Sprinkle burnt orange and white rose petals on the altar table. - $25.00

5 White columns (without skirting) rental. - $62.50
Place on the bride's side with 1 in the center with a memorial candle and coordinating fresh floral accents at the base. Place remaining 4 round the memorial candle column. - $35.00

1 White fabric aisle runner pre-placed from the altar table to the back of the pavilion. - $260.00

Scatter white and burnt orange rose petals down both sides of the aisle. - $300.00

Staged Exit:

*White and burnt orange rose petals loose in a basket (for 83 people). - $207.50

Pre-Reception:

Nothing needed.

Dinner:

Head table for 16, 2 Rounds, and 8 cocktail tables.

10 132" Round truffle crinkle taffeta floor length table linens for the head table and rounds on the dance floor. - $390.00

*13 120" Round truffle crinkle taffeta floor length table linens for the cocktail tables. - $468.00

36 Mahogany chiavari chairs with a white satin chair pad. - $459.00
Delivery fee - $200.00

36 Chinese blue organza sash tied onsite through the center rungs of the chair and into a bow. - $162.00

*78 Chinese blue organza napkins, pocket folded. - $156.00

2 Panache vases filled with clear acrylic ice - rental. Top with a round arrangement of burnt orange floral using: chrysanthemums, dahlias, gerber daisies, alstromeria, and roses with minimal clean greens. From the top of the arrangement have burnt orange mini calla lilies extending out. Place one per round. - $950.00

*7 French, orange carnation flower balls. Place one per cocktail table (every other) on a skinny glass stand. - $665.00

*6 9" cylinder vases with a base of acrylic ice. Put a hand-tied cluster of 9 burnt orange mini calla lilies. Place on each of the remaining cocktail tables. - $690.00

6 9" cylinder vases with a base of clear acrylic ice. Place spaced across the front of the head table for the bridal party bouquets. - $30.00

Lay the bride's bouquet across the front of the head table.

Place the remaining bridal party bouquet on the cake table.

Place 4 shot glass votive candles on each round. - $20.00
Place 24 shot glass votive candles on head table. - $60.00

Cake:

Place a Navajo Turquoise satin ribbon around the base of each tier. - $30.00

Accent with small clusters of orange carnations. - $30.00

Cake Table Decor:

*1 Truffle crinkle taffeta floor length table linen. - $39.00

Toss bouquet:

Small hand-tied bouquet designed to match bride's bouquet. - $35.00

Place cards:

*Bride to provide paper place cards. Place on Mickey photo favor clips (78 favors). - $468.00

Dessert Party:

EPCOT to provide black linens and chairs.
5 Place battery operated votive candle on each table. - $15.00

Total: $6,971.50
FL tax: $453.15
Delivery Fee: $25.00

FINAL TOTAL:
$7,449.65

* = items that have been modified.

This was our final installment we had to have fully paid off to Disney at our 30 day mark. It shot up because of our increased guest list, however we will be getting some funds back, due to another guest shrink.

Estimated Event Budget
for 11/11/11 wedding

Wedding Ceremony: 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm on Friday, November 11, 2011.
Grand Floridian, 65 guests

Wedding Pavilion and usage - $3195.00

Disney Photography and Video package - $4,100.00

Vintage Car - $900.00

*Floral Proposal - $7645.10
Delivery Fee - $25.00

Transportation:
1 Motor coach - Charter (9 hours) - $878.85
*1 Mini Motor coach - Charter (8 hours) - $697.20

Wedding Pre-Reception/Reception 3:30pm - 7:30 pm
Boardwalk Inn, 80 guests

*65 Package, Call brands bar (3.5 hours/$33.00 per guest) - $2,764.15
*15 Soft Drinks & Bottled Water Package (3.5 hours/$18.00 per guest) - $357.61

*76 Custom Dinner Buffet (@92.00 per guest) - $9,010.24
4 Children's plated dinners - $118.56
4 Vendor Meals - $71.91
*80 Sliced Fresh Fruit & berries with dip (@$9.00 per guest) - $927.83
Wedding Cake Handling Fee - $181.72
Sheet Cake Handling Fee - $12.30
1 DJ Package - $1500.00
1 Custom Outdoor Marquee - $200.00
Mickey and Minnie Mouse set - $1,350.00

Custom 65 person Wedding Cake - No service Charge - ($12.50 each) - $865.31
*1 Sheet Cake - $58.58

Dessert Party, 8:00pm - 9:30pm
EPCOT, 65 guests

1 Venue Package, Terrace des Fleurs - $266.25
*80 Illuminations Viewing Fees - $1,103.34
*80 Dessert Party "Bambi" menu (modify to $24.00 pp)- $2,474.21
1 Outdoor setup fee - $90.53
Photography Coverage - $350.00
Custom Wedding Photo & Video Package - $4,284.33

Magic Kingdom & EPCOT Bridal Portrait Session, 6:30am on Sunday, November 13, 2011 - $1,400.00

Estimated Program Total: $40,543.69

* = Things that were adjusted.

Please pardon the bomb of posts above this, I just wanted to make sure I listed those things before I left!

I'm so excited...We're leaving Tuesday! :banana: This is going to kind of get all over the place but here it goes:

-I picked up my dress Thursday and it's SO heavy. I mean look at it! It's like a dead body in the back seat of my car! :rotfl:
1103111332.jpg

I had to swing by and pick up my friend just so we could get it up into my apartment without throwing out my back. I can't wait to travel with it. :rolleyes:
-Our UPS box of wedding stuff arrived safely at the Grand Floridian yesterday. I'm relieved!
-Our first wedding guest is arriving at Disney World today! I'm so excited and so jealous at the same time. ;)
-I dyed my hair and painted my toenails, all that's left to primp is shaping the eyebrows and getting my fingernails done!
-I purchased my theme park tickets online, finally.
-CHRIS' RING CAME IN. It's really great, but it's a little too snug. We have 60 days to return it, which we'll have to do when we get back. I had also gotten a backup ring for cheap off of Overstock, which I think he likes more. Go figure. :rolleyes: But at least we have a ring for the wedding!
-Almost all of my projects are done, I only have to complete our 'Drinking Around the World' shirts. Logo is done, just need to print and iron them on.
-I think I'm almost done packing too, I just have to make sure it all fits and isn't over 50 lbs.!
-Gotta clean the apartment before the cat sitter comes over... :rotfl:

I feel pretty good...not really stressed or anxious, I just wanna get to Disney World! :lmao: I'm gonna try and post once or twice more before I leave! :yay:

EEEk! I just wanted to say how happy I am for you! You are so close!!!!! :love::love: I can't really comment on your budget because your wedding is roughly three and a half times larger than mine is... :lmao:

I just can't wait to see how it all comes together!

Wow you are sooooo close!! Sounds like you have everything under control. I hope I'm half as organized as you when I get that close. Good luck on everything!! We leave tomorrow for the World so I'm sending you my happy thoughts and pixie dust early :)

So great that you're not feeling stressed, it looks like you're in really good shape! It's also great that you shared your BEOs because I'm sure that's super helpful to others that are trying to plan. Though reading peoples' BEOs gives me a little heart attack and cements the fact that I never would have been able to afford a Disney wedding! But you're definitely getting a lot for what you pay for and everything sounds just wonderful. Your rehearsal lunch seems like a good deal and the food sounds delicious! I hope you have a wonderful time, I'm so happy for you!

EEEk! I just wanted to say how happy I am for you! You are so close!!!!! :love::love: I can't really comment on your budget because your wedding is roughly three and a half times larger than mine is... :lmao:

I just can't wait to see how it all comes together!

Thanks, Jackie! I wish you were going to be in Disney this weekend, cause it seems like all the rest of my Disfriends are and I'm going to miss you!!!
Aww, well that's the beauty of a DFTW, they come in all shapes, sizes and pricepoints! Yours is going to be so gorgeous as well!

Wow you are sooooo close!! Sounds like you have everything under control. I hope I'm half as organized as you when I get that close. Good luck on everything!! We leave tomorrow for the World so I'm sending you my happy thoughts and pixie dust early :)

Thank you so much!!

So great that you're not feeling stressed, it looks like you're in really good shape! It's also great that you shared your BEOs because I'm sure that's super helpful to others that are trying to plan. Though reading peoples' BEOs gives me a little heart attack and cements the fact that I never would have been able to afford a Disney wedding! But you're definitely getting a lot for what you pay for and everything sounds just wonderful. Your rehearsal lunch seems like a good deal and the food sounds delicious! I hope you have a wonderful time, I'm so happy for you!

I woke up with slight anxiety as I formed a list of things to-do today in my head, so I had to hurry out of bed and now I'm good to go. :thumbsup2 If that fails, I'll just take my meds next time. :laughing: Thanks, Becky! You are so sweet.

Well, guys and gals...It's finally here! :yay:

We leave tomorrow morning, bright and early. We should arrive at Disney by 5:00 pm. I really cannot believe it's finally here! I'M SO EXCITED!!! :laughing:

I just wanted to thank each and everyone of you that has read along, commented and supported me through all my wedding (and non-wedding) related planning and stress. :grouphug: I don't think I would have been able to complete my wedding planning if it weren't for all of you. This is a great community and it's really surprising to know I've been actively posting on this wedding planning journal for about 14 months now!

I also want to wish pixie dust :wizard: and lots of love :lovestruc to all the other brides that are getting married this week--Deena, Elizabeth, Amber, Christine, Tiffany, Cheryl, Lisa, and Sarah...You ladies are amazing and I hope your days are beautiful and filled with that special Disney magic. ;) :hug:

So, I guess I'm going to sign off here...I still have to finish packing. :upsidedow

I will definitely be doing a trip report so keep an eye out for that!

:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter