Dani & Lor @ Home NY Disney Wedding and Disneymoon 7/3/12 updated ring/invites

You know, sweetie, I had the hardest time picking a colour scheme for my VR too, and I bounced back and forth between several different ones for months. However, in the end I took a good hard look at my venue and went settled on the 'earthy' tones (peach and terracotta) and turquoisy/grey tones that are evident at the Swan. Take at look at my TR and you will be able to judge for yourself whether it works (link is in my signature). Maybe that could be an idea to solve your problem.

Colors were hard for me too! I really tried to envision what I wanted my wedding to look like, and the type of "feel" I was going for. Do you have any colors you are considering?

Colors were hard for me too! I really tried to envision what I wanted my wedding to look like, and the type of "feel" I was going for. Do you have any colors you are considering?

1. I wanted red, black and white because of mickey and Minnie my FW hates the idea :( she doesn't want to put her side in black and its a July wedding. I was going to put my side in red and us wear white and then her side in black... but Minnie is always holding pink flowers for her wedding attire and ironically pink is my favorite color so...

2. pink came to mind right away but I have/had no idea what combo to go with! My FW loves purple and we have always been pink and purple since day one so she has been suggesting in a very loud tone lol that she wants purple for her side! I may have to budge on this one, but I don't know if pink and purple are going to look ugly in our photos. We aren't having a large bridal party anyway, but its the point because everything has to coordinate lol a harder decision that I thought!

You could always go with gray instead of black. It's much softer and definitely more "summery" since you are getting married in July. Then you could accent with purple and pink floral and accessories. I googled gray, pink, and purple wedding and clicked on images and there were some beautiful combinations. You could choose pale pinks and lilacs, or go with bright pinks and deep purples!

Here is an example with bright colors:
pink-white-gray-purple-wedding-ideas.jpg

Just joining in!

What about pink and purple with chocolate accents?

Also, LOVE your venue, looks like it'll be quite the night!

Also, also, I agree with getting rid of the moon on that clip-art.... seems a little out of place doesn't it?

Congratulations on the engagement! You two are so cute!!! I love the proposal story! I think the reception hall is gorgeous! I agree with Miss Manners...grey would be a great accent color instead of black. Keep up the great plans! Can't wait to hear more.

Well I finally finished my save the dates!!! I am printing them on postcards and then gluing them onto the magnets that I purchased. Long story short the magnet sheets that I bought I can not get to print. So my solution is to print them on the same size post cards and then glue them to the magnet sheets. I just hope they work lol...

Here is the final product:

Image7a-1.png

Your engagement photos made me tear up. How beautiful!!!!

I saw suggestions for pink, purple and grey or brown for your colours and think that sounds lovely and is a compromise version of the more overtly Mickey colours you originally wanted. There's also nothing that says you have to do the same colour scheme for both ceremony and reception. It's what is usually done, but you could borrow a page for very cultures who change outfits and themes throughout the wedding festivities, and have a pastel, pretty ceremony and then go buts with more Disney theming in the reception. If you can't be over the top and fabulous with costume changes on your wedding day, when can you be???

I really look forward to seeing more!

Haven't written in here in a while I am working on my second masters along with working full time and planning a wedding which does not leave alot of spare time these days. But I have a few weeks off from school which means plan, plan, plan :) i just picked up my dress yesterday and I have 6 months to go :) So that is a HUGE weight off my shoulders. Here it is!

Link to More Pictures

P_8740_1_183804.jpg

Your story is so cute! CONGRATS!!!!! Yay for finding your dress. I know thats a HUGE weight off your shoulders! I can only imagine how much stress youre under with all that on your plate! Your ring is AWESOME! Where did yall find the diamond mickies? Those are really great! Cant wait to see your future plans!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter