Dancing with the Beast (but still loving Baymax) TR 5/31-6/7/15 COMPLETE!!!(UPDATED 7/20)

Saturday, June 6th

Day 7

We didn’t make rope drop at Epcot, but with FP+ do you really have to for EP? With two 5-year-old little girls who had already seen some of EP we really didn’t have a lot left to entertain them so we ended up in the park by 10am.

IMG_7732(small).jpg

Our first FP+ was for Test Track, 9:30-10:30am. We decided splitting up the group of adults riding and letting the girls use the non-riding adults’ MB to get 2 rides was a great plan so the first group entered at 10am. Well by the time the FP+ were expiring and with the additional time allowed past that they still weren’t out so my Dad and I went on alone and the girls didn’t get to ride twice. Why does it take more than 40 minutes to ride TT with a FP+? So just be aware of that if you didn’t know it. As expected, we all loved it! Of course, me and my Dad’s car scored the highest but my DH claims he let DD design their car all by herself... sure… *wink*

PhotoPass_Visiting_Epcot_7351303742(small).jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Epcot_7351305318(small).jpg

IMG_7740(small).jpg

My mother really wanted to head to America and see the American Adventure so the grandparents parted ways with us for a little bit and headed to World Showcase when it opened at 11am. We had FP+ for both Living Seas with Nemo and Turtle Talk with Crush. Cute but we weren’t overwhelmed. I didn’t suggest we check out the entire Living Seas as we needed to make our way to WS ourselves for the lunch ADR.

IMG_7742(small).jpg

This is where the guys finally got to join in on some princess fun, we had an 11:50am ADR at Akershus for all 8 of us. Oh for joy, the boys said! As soon as we were let in to the restaurant SIL and I took the girls to the bathroom and put on their princess dresses per their request. We just brought them rolled up in gallon ziploc bags stowed under the strollers (see? I told ya get the stroller!) so it was very easy.

Now in 2003 my DH and I (at that time my fiance) had gone to Epcot and thought, “Hey, let’s eat in Norway...that’s different and it might be fun.” It was different...and very, very gross! It’s been a running joke for 12 years about eating in Norway and what a bad choice it was. This was prior to it being a princess meal of course. So I had told my husband several times we were eating in Norway and apparently he thought I was genuinely joking the entire time. Until we stopped IN. FRONT. OF. NORWAY. And he’s all “Oh my gosh, I totally thought you were messing with me! We’re not eating in Norway!” But yes, yes we were eating in Norway. And it was different and BETTER this time around.

IMG_7753(small).jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Epcot_7351649964(small).jpg

Really checking out Belle's gown!!!
IMG_7751(small).jpg

WE. JUST. LOVE. BELLE.

PhotoPass_Visiting_Epcot_7351309112(small).jpg

AKERSHUS CONTINUED---

The cold bar still has some of those Norwegian cold fish that we found so unappetizing but there were other good options to snack on prior to entrees. The entrees were very big and satisfying.

I was also so pleased to see Mulan in the lineup as we were planning on lining up for her M&G after lunch and this saved us the trouble. We had Mulan, Aurora, Snow White and Cinderella. I was able to get the girls and grandparents with Cinderella but no such luck with the Daddies! The girls enjoyed the dance/parade around the restaurant and the meal took about an hour.

IMG_7761(small).jpg

IMG_7773(small).jpg

Afterwards my niece changed back out of her princess dress but DD insisted on keeping hers on, despite the heat. In fact, after we ate DD spent time “greeting” everyone over in the Princess Grotto was Belle was currently away attending to other business!

IMG_7782(small).jpg

DD with her Uncle
IMG_7784(small).jpg

IMG_7786(small).jpg

DD with her Gran
IMG_7793(Small).jpg

We spent a little bit of time in Norway taking pictures with trolls and the girls checking out all of the Frozen merchandise in the gift shop. The pressed penny machines were broken here as well.

IMG_7799(small).jpg

IMG_7802(small).jpg

After hearing pleas for face painting for days on end, Gran decided now was the time to do it! There is a little booth in a makeshift “African” type market and we only had to wait about 10 minutes until it was their turn. The painting was beautiful and quick!

IMG_7807(small).jpg

IMG_7810(small).jpg

Now we've got those faces painted and ready to continue on!

IMG_7814(small).jpg

This is called "ICE PRINCESS"
IMG_7818(small).jpg

The last thing we really wanted to make sure we experienced was pick-a-pearl in Japan. TinkerBell had left the girls carriage necklaces just that morning so they could pick their pearls and have a fun time. I didn’t get any pictures of the entire thing but I did video it so we can watch it over and over. We spent about 20 minutes waiting from the time we got our number and the girls were delighted with their pearls.

Niece in Japan

IMG_7828(small).jpg

And this is our glimpse of Belle in her blue dress, France (we elected not to stand in line)
IMG_7831(small).jpg

We finished the circuit of World Showcase, stopping only in America for ice cream on a funnel cake. We saw Alice in the UK and stopped to meet her but were told we had just missed the line. Boo. So at that point it was about 3pm and we hopped the monorail back to the CR. DD fell asleep waiting for the monorail and didn’t wake up until we were back at the resort so she had a nice little nap.

20150606_152340(small).jpg

For the evening we park-hopped back to MK, my DH staying behind because he still wasn’t feeling well. We had promised the girls they could meet Merida and we stood in that line about 15 minutes. A cute M&G, I didn’t see any of the interactive archery or other activities people have mentioned doing while waiting but we entertained ourselves.

IMG_7837(small).jpg

Merida is realllly listening...
IMG_7846(small).jpg

Something is so funny!
IMG_7860(small).jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7351288481(small).jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7351293129(small).jpg

Merida was very personable and didn't seem rushed, she interacted with both girls together and separately and genuinely appeared to be having a good time. We loved Merida~

We grabbed a 4th FP+ for Magic Carpets of Aladdin (there wasn’t much available at 5:30pm) and the girls rode it twice. Hey, they’re easy to impress!

Riding with Grandpa (PapaRich)
IMG_7867(small).jpg

IMG_7870(small).jpg

Me and my brother and our girls----
20150606_185026(2).jpg

Nearby we had dinner at Pecos Bill’s and couldn’t find a table for the 7 of us so we split up. The salad I had was a nice change of pace. After dinner the grandparents headed back to CR and me, DD, my brother, SIL and their DD stayed for Splash Mountain. Granted, my SIL couldn’t ride it but she waited patiently. The standby was 55 minutes and it definitely took that amount of time but it was now shaded and fairly quiet and we enjoyed visiting with others in line. The girls really, really loved Splash Mountain!!! We came out of that chute around 8:30pm and the sun was setting over the castle, it was glorious.

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7351291966(2).jpg

Perfect ending to the night.

Hi! I am here reading along, and am now all caught up! I am loving your TR so far!

However, the planning is at least half the fun for me so the longer I get to do it, the better! :cutie:
I agree, planning a Disney trip is so much fun!

20150531_071053-small-jpg.103172
Great photo, such cute little girls!:goodvibes

*Note: although only on the 8th floor, we never heard noise from the monorail or Chef Mickey's (we were only other end from CM) but the Electrical Water Pageant on the Seven Seas Lagoon was loud enough to wake the dead. I mean it was LOUD. For that alone I would try staying theme park view or at least the top floor to get away from it.
That's ironic, you usually hear people complaining about noise from the monorail/CM but you her it from the water pageant. i have never heard of that before. I'll keep that in mind though! ANyways I love the Contemporary - and all the monorail resorts for that matter - so convenient!

A perfect first day photo at MK.:thumbsup2

Poor Mickey and Minnie, their hot air balloon float deflated before they got to us and it just looked so pitiful.
Oh my. Never have I seen this happen - but I guess there can always be glitches...Mickey and Minnie still look so happy though!:goodvibes:thumbsup2

Now, my DD instantly fell in love with "the doll ride".
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:SO CUTE! What a great nickname for the classic - it seems many kids love that ride.

Next was our FP+ for PPF and it was a lot of fun but I cannot see waiting 75+minutes for it. FP+ all the way!
Oh yes, PPF gets crazy later in the day. For that one without a FP, you need to do it at RD, or with evening EMH. The RD thing worked for my friends and I, and we also got to see the new queue! It was great - we only waited about 20 mins for it.

Pure happiness - I love it! Nothing better at WDW.:goodvibes
Great family photo!

Then upstairs we went to find our rooms, unpack and get some sleep. But WAIT! Tinkerbell has already come into our rooms and left Minnie Mouse plush dolls!
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:NO WAY! How fun is that? Those little sparks of magic can totally make it for a kid, or adult for that matter that go to Disney World!:tinker:

You all lucked out with that view - its gorgeous!::yes::

Honestly we saw very few animals on the safari.
Yeah, that's one of those things about the safari, you can't force animals to be awake and active - which also makes the ride even more real, it's up to the animals if they want to show off themselves to the crowd that day!

However, regarding Tusker House for lunch---- the food was fantastic, just the right mix of familiar and exotic.
Good to know! I have always wanted to eat here - the characters look like so much fun here!

Pocahontas was absolutely stunning in person and very kind.
Gosh yeah she is beautiful! I met her years ago in WDW when I was a little girl but I'll have to go again. ::yes::

I had a cute Frozen cupcake--

20150601_192341-small-jpg.105342
YUM! That is so cute, and it looks great too!:goodvibes

It’s a princess day, a magical day, a pixie dust day, a sparkling and shimmering day today!(It’s Magic Kingdom day 2)-Smirk~

And my daughter just wants to know when she can meet Baymax and Hiro…
:rotfl2:You can't beat a marshmallow guy! He is one of the best! All kidding aside, I do love Baymax - a wonderful character addition to the Disney family. A great movie as well.:goodvibes

We sat in the ballroom, it was gorgeous.
Best room at the place! Truly magical! Did you step into the other two rooms as well to check them out? The theming in the whole place is just magnificent!

There were 5 of us at the table, we received 2 plates of pastries and they were all tasty. I really appreciated the self-serve refills and missed this option at dinner.

For breakfast I had the Croque Madame, it was very, very good. I would love to have this again!
Great to know! Something else I want to try! I have been to BOG for dinner and for lunch and loved both of them, and now I want to try breakfast one day!

Love this shot of the girls checking out Cinderella's Fountain on the way to BBB
img_6903-small-jpg.105499
Priceless, pure Disney magic.

My mother was treating the girls to not only this trip but to all the special extras little girls could ever want. We had initially intended to bring our own dresses but Gran wanted the girls to enjoy picking out their dresses and accessories in the castle itself so we went with it and really had fun watching them go through their options.
How special is that! Those girls will remember this trip forever.

I had to remind my mother that the Stepmother was “in character”.
:rotfl:I love them so much!

Drisella asked my DD what she wanted to be when she grew up, DD immediately answered, “A princess!” but then changed it to “a doctor!”. So Drisella said, “You want to be a doctor for princesses?” To which I replied, “Then she’ll clearly never be your doctor!” I wish I had a picture of her reaction, she was shocked and horrified and disgusted all at once--- we were in stitches!
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

The girls where whoosed through quickly, no time to visit with the princesses! I asked to take a selfie with Rapunzel for a co-worker and could tell this wasn’t very convenient although they let me. The lighting in Princess Fairytale Hall is very dark and photos don’t turn out great but they’ll do fine.
Hmmm, see that's the thing about some of these character meets, they can be very strct. hey I think anyone should be able to get a selfie with a character, they take what, 5 seconds? Good for you for getting one! ALso, too bad about the lighting, but thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind as well.

I sprinted over to check in for CRT but was behind a party of 17 so it took them a little bit to get to me and they never knew I had been running late anyway!
A table of 17?!?!?!?!?!:scared1: Never have I heard of a party that big, especially for CRT! Wow!! But god thing they were there because then you didn't have to worry about being late!:thumbsup2

That is a gorgeous cake!!! Did you use the Disney custom cake designs? And the girls look just like princesses after their transformation!:goodvibes
How sweet!:goodvibes
Then we caught the girls staring at the castle, how sweet is this?

img_7167-small-jpg.105568
SIgh.:goodvibes

We jumped into Mickey's Philharmagic and were really surprised by how much we enjoyed it!
I LOVE this attraction, one of my favorites ever!
This morning we have reservations for the 5 girls (Me, DD, SIL, Niece and my Mother) at the Perfectly Princess Tea Party hosted at the Grand Floridian Resort.
Oh my goodness! I have heard things about his but never heard any real info about it!

We even had time to snap some pictures on the grand staircase.
I love that staircase, may I say I have also gotten some photos on it, it's just great!:thumbsup2

GETTING SPRINKLED WITH ROSE PETALS
:jumping1: Love that!

At each place there is her special Disney exclusive (to tea party guests only) Sleeping Beauty doll. This doll is exquisite and a real treasure for sure
That doll is gorgeous. So everyone, including the adults got a doll?

Rose Petal teaches the girls a dance and then how to sign (yes, sign language) a song for Aurora.
That's awesome! Sign language is such a great thing to learn!::yes::

The girls have plenty of time to talk to Aurora after they eat their finger sandwiches, drink “tea” (apple juice) and have their special cake.

img_7285-small-jpg.106048
All beautiful princesses!

My DD still talks about flying over California!
I love Soarin'. I can't wait to see what they will do for the expansion!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:This made me laugh so hard, how cute?!?! They look like they are having such a great time on that dance floor!
It’s HollywoodMGMStudiosTBA.... or something!

What she'd been waiting for!!!!!
20150604_120428-2-jpg.106494
AHHH I love Baymax! SO cute! I did not actually get to meet him on my past trip, but seeing him was worth it. I really wanted to but I just didn't think he was THAT popular at the parks. The line was just too long... I know his character meets here just ended, but I heard he may be moved someplace else in the future, I really hope he is, I think he is a character that ids ca enjoy for generations to come. W can only hope though.

*NOTE: Some of the wait was due to a visitor that took up about 15 minutes of Baymax and Hiro’s time by showing them a homemade Big Hero 6 scrapbook she’d made along with drawings and sketches she’s done. 15 minutes, I’m not exaggerating. No CM ever suggested she move it along as people had been waiting forever. This was incredibly rude of the guest and inconsiderate of the CMs for not moving this line. Please don’t be that guest. You can show your drawings/book in 2-3 minutes, have a quick chat and take a photo.
This is horrible. The CMs should stop something like this. 15 mins is WAY too long!

So, 90 minutes to meet the marshmallow and we missed our FP+ for the Frozen Sing-Along.
When you gotta meet the marshmallow, you gotta meet the marshmallow! :thumbsup2

Now the entire group went over to Muppets 3D, this was a very entertaining show!
Classic show - love it!

Lastly I really wanted DD to see the Cinderella carriage since she absolutely loved that movie. We had to stand in line about 15 minutes but we had some shade.
Great picture! Something else I really wanted to see but wasn't able too...not enough time.

As recommended here on the DIS and by my TA we chose Columbia Harbor House and also as recommended we grabbed a large table upstairs. The food was very good, my husband loved his iced tea/lemonade slush and is still talking about it, and it was easy to snag a table around 11:45am.
Yum that slush sounds good....I'll be thinking of that for the next time I'm in MK!

She asked Beast to dance and he immediately bowed low and offered his hand. He danced and spun her around and it was so blasted magical that I began to tear up!
How precious!!! That Beast...:goodvibes

Now the weather was starting to be really lovely (upper 70s) so let’s stop and take pictures with the castle! No one to wait on us and grumble, so refreshing!
Smaller groups can be very refreshing! You can do what you want without asking anyone else!

I was also so pleased to see Mulan in the lineup as we were planning on lining up for her M&G after lunch and this saved us the trouble. We had Mulan, Aurora, Snow White and Cinderella.
This is good to know, when I went to Akershus for dinner last summer, I hate Ariel, Snow White, Aurora, Cinderella and of course Belle at the beginning. Hm, maybe Mulan is there for lunch sometimes!

Merida was very personable and didn't seem rushed, she interacted with both girls together and separately and genuinely appeared to be having a good time. We loved Merida~
I have heard such great things about her character meet! I really want to meet her!!

We came out of that chute around 8:30pm and the sun was setting over the castle, it was glorious.
Gorgeous! :goodvibes

Another great day :) Love Akershus. That's so neat that Mulan was there. The Merida meet looks like it was great. I was so disappointed in ours the one time we got to do it.

Hi! I am here reading along, and am now all caught up! I am loving your TR so far!

Thanks for all the wonderful comments! I sure hope the marshmallow comes back for others to enjoy! And you've got to meet Merida, she's so wonderful!

Another great day :) Love Akershus. That's so neat that Mulan was there. The Merida meet looks like it was great. I was so disappointed in ours the one time we got to do it.

It really was so awesome to have Mulan at Akershus so we could enjoy her in the *air conditioning* and not have to wait in line after lunch! If only Mary Poppins had been there it would have been perfect!

You've gotta try Merida again! I believe that most of the time her M&G is really good.

That doll is gorgeous. So everyone, including the adults got a doll?

Just realized I missed this question---No, only the children get the doll. The adult price is less and is because we don't get any souvenirs other than our memories! (And some nice tea with our sandwiches and cheese, fruit, cake, etc). But alas, no doll for the Mommies...

Day 7 Continued (a look back)

I mentioned that I only had video of the Pick-A-Pearl in Japan but my husband suggested I use some software to extract some still images so here are a few to share. So this is in the afternoon of day 7 prior to hopping back to MK for the evening. Gran bought pearls for all of us girls. What a fun experience! How do they know each oyster will contain a pearl? My DDs was fairly large at 8mm and a beautiful gold color.

pearl.jpg

DD says, "Me! Me! I'm next !!!"
pearl5.jpg

Everyone watching...
pearl7.jpg

My DD's delight!
pearl9.jpg

Sunday, June 7th.

Day 8.

It’s a sad world after all…

We have to leave today. TODAY. After all that planning---blood, sweat and tears and the trip is over already. How can 8 days pass by so quickly? Why am I the only one who isn’t ready to leave? Ok, me and DD.

We were up and ready fairly early, getting our suitcases collected by bell services to be taken down and picked up to go to the airport. This was seamless and easy.

And then we started our last day the way we ended our first day...at Chef Mickey’s!

IMG_7871(small).jpg

We had a 7:45am ADR and although we were kinda dragging we ended up with cute shots of the girls alone and with their grandparents.

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Contemporary_Resort_7351599854(small).jpg PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Contemporary_Resort_7351604390(small).jpg

We were taken to our table quickly and we were up on the upper left level in the corner, again a corner with large window overlooking Cinderella Castle (like at ‘Ohana) and it was a fantastic view! The girls had gifts at the table that had been left by TinkerBell (she’s so thoughtful), fairy Minnie ornaments for their Christmas tree!

IMG_7874(small).jpg

The breakfast food was good, the buffet was clean and we enjoyed ourselves here once again. As we had already seen Donald and he was lagging a little behind, we didn’t stay for him but decided to head on over to MK for a few hours before we had to leave.

Goofy being....Goofy~
IMG_7879(small).jpg IMG_7881(small).jpg

One last visit and hug from the big cheese himself!
IMG_7882(small).jpg IMG_7883(small).jpg

So excited to get Pluto's "autograph" and DD thought it was so funny that he signed it on his nose!
IMG_7887(small).jpg IMG_7888(small).jpg

The character interaction at Chef Mickey's is good. Minnie seemed a little rushed both times and the girls wanted pictures taken separately with her this time but she took the ones with them together and didn't seem to hear them asking to take a few more by themselves. They were a little disappointed but got over it quickly.

IMG_7891(small).jpg

Does this one "count" as by herself with Minnie!?!
IMG_7893(small).jpg IMG_7894(small).jpg

Even at 9am it was a pretty warm walk to MK and we were “glowing” by the time we got there!

Our first order of business took me and SIL to the photopass counter in Town Hall as we weren’t sure how to link our Enchanted Tales with Belle and Baymax/Hiro photos with Memory Maker. Then we walked on into Town Square and we saw Mary Poppins greeting by the Chapeau shop and I quickly encouraged us to get over there and see her! This is where we had some stress on this last morning. My DH took this opportunity to head across Town Square to the restroom while we headed to Mary Poppins. As soon as we reached her we were told we’d missed her line and she was leaving. Our first FP+ was for 7DMT again and we were going to split the group up again so the girls could ride twice. I declared DH could catch up with us and ride on the 2nd go-round so let’s go ahead and head for 7DMT and he can meet us there. I immediately texted him to just come right behind us… but he didn’t show up. What I didn’t realize is that the text didn’t go through right then. I’d had a few episodes through the week where texts were slow to go through and a few failed but I relied on this one to go through immediately. Soooo, DH comes out of the restroom to find us gone, no Mary Poppins and he didn’t have a text. He had no idea where we were. He thought he remembered we had Big Thunder Mtn first so he went there...about the time he got my text. So then he had to come back across the park to 7DMT. He wasn’t happy but it was all a misunderstanding and text issue. So reminder, Do NOT rely on super fast texting while in the parks, it CAN be spotty. He got over it once he finally understood what happened and we didn’t just leave him.

So we had the girls ride 7DMT with PapaRich and my brother first then a second time with me and DH, using Gran and SIL’s MagicBands. It is short but such a fun ride and I’m so glad we had FP+ for it on multiple days!

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7340546582(small).jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7351294209(small).jpg PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7351297605(small).jpg

Our next FP+ was indeed Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, it’s so much fun to skip the long standby ride and we all enjoyed this one once again. How do I not have any pictures from either time on BTMR???

Initially our 3rd FP+ for this last morning was M&G with Anna and Elsa. We had gotten FP+ earlier in the week to see them and decided the girls didn’t need to see them twice so I let those go and tried to arrange a different FP+ here (11am-12pm) but even a couple of days ahead there was very little left at this time. All the headliners didn’t have FP+ until around 5-6pm and we’d be gone by then. So we ended up with Haunted Mansion, the girls had asked to ride it again anyway so it was a good use of FP+.

IMG_7897(small).jpg

IMG_7898(small).jpg
DD's shirt is soaked from using those WDW water mister fans. The girls loved those and it was money well spent but we should have bought them on Day 1.

And since we had just a little bit of time we snagged a 4th FP+ for IASW as our last ride (and it had been our first, 8 days before), or the “doll ride” as DD called it. She was ecstatic to ride it again and insisted I take her picture multiple times!

IMG_7901(small).jpg IMG_7902(small).jpg

Please take my picture with the sign!
IMG_7899(small).jpg

For lunch we didn’t have any solid plans but decided to try Pinocchio Village Haus and watch the “doll ride” while we ate. At 12pm it was completely packed with no tables and I somehow missed in my trip planning that there is a 2nd floor here too so I didn’t know to check there. Instead we decided to just head out of the park and back to the Contemporary to eat our lunch at Contempo Cafe before we had to board DME.

However, our last order of business was to use up all our remaining snack credits (28 of them!!!) and so we hit up the Confectionery to use up our credits. Now granted, some of those 28 credits were actually for a few remaining CS meals we had on our plans and they turned into 3 snack credits per meal. We let the girls go crazy in there and pick all kinds of goodies. We had to grab stuff that would pack into carry-ons well and not melt. Some of the goodies from the bakery case made it---cake pops, cookies, decorated rice krispie treats and then we got tons of lollipops, goofy candy and trail mix. It was a HAUL. It took us almost 45 minutes to get it all picked out and for the CMs to ring it all up. We had to make sure all we were left with was 8 CS meals for our lunch and then we’d have used all the credits on our dining plan. It worked out perfectly.

Here’s a giant Mickey chocolate chip cookie we had at home the day after we got back. It was like bringing home MK with us for just a few more days…

20150608_114350.jpg

I walked the little girls out onto Main Street by the Confectionery and told them to look at the castle and put the memory in their hearts and then we turned around and all walked out of the MK and took a sad walk back to CR.

Lunch was fine, typical Contempo Cafe fare. I got a nice picture of the mural from our table.

IMG_7904(small).jpg

I had the key lime pie cupcake and it was pretty tasty but I didn’t get a picture.

Turning in our strollers and ECV was a breeze and DME or Disney’s Sad Express picked us up around 2:15pm for our 5pm flight.

It was over...and it was a lovely dream.

What a fantastic trip! I really enjoyed reading your TR. It looks like you have amazing memories to last you a lifetime. Thanks for all the useful tips and ideas. We won't be on our trip until Oct 2016 but I am deep into planning mode.....and I will be renting a stroller! Thanks again!

Aw, last day! Well, it seems like you guys made the best of it and had a great day.

That chocolate chip cookie looks delish!

Brilliant trip report, thank you for sharing, I've loved reading all about it! Your daughters reactions and facial expressions for the pick a pearl were adorable and priceless!!

Oh my..... I'm at work, trying not to cry as I read the ending to this Trip Report. I always used to cry on my last day which always ends at MK. I've always worried "what if this is our last trip?" and of course, we always come back. Except that now, I come back and it's even better because I bring my husband and our twins. After reading about your special day making memories with Gran, I told my husband that I would like to invite my mom to go with us on our 2016 trip. We are hoping to increase our DVC points before then, so we will be able to get a 2BR and that will give us more than enough room. His mom spends the winters in FL and I suggested that she could join us for a couple of nights, too, so we could even have both grandmas there. My father-in-law passed away this spring from brain cancer and my mom survived ovarian cancer in 2013. Both were reminders that life is short, so let's make memories while we can :)

Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip with us. Your daughter and niece are darling!!!!!!

What a fantastic trip! I really enjoyed reading your TR. It looks like you have amazing memories to last you a lifetime. Thanks for all the useful tips and ideas. We won't be on our trip until Oct 2016 but I am deep into planning mode.....and I will be renting a stroller! Thanks again!

Enjoy the planning, the trip, and having a stroller!!!

Sounds like a great trip..thanks for sharing!

Thanks for reading along!

Aw, last day! Well, it seems like you guys made the best of it and had a great day.

That chocolate chip cookie looks delish!

That cookie was the BOMB. Go get one!

Such a fun report, thanks for sharing!

Thanks, we did have fun! So glad you enjoyed.

Brilliant trip report, thank you for sharing, I've loved reading all about it! Your daughters reactions and facial expressions for the pick a pearl were adorable and priceless!!

She really enjoyed picking her own pearl and now she loves showing off her carriage necklace and the pearl inside. Thanks for reading along!

Oh my..... I'm at work, trying not to cry as I read the ending to this Trip Report. I always used to cry on my last day which always ends at MK. I've always worried "what if this is our last trip?" and of course, we always come back. Except that now, I come back and it's even better because I bring my husband and our twins. After reading about your special day making memories with Gran, I told my husband that I would like to invite my mom to go with us on our 2016 trip. Do it! We are hoping to increase our DVC points before then, so we will be able to get a 2BR and that will give us more than enough room. His mom spends the winters in FL and I suggested that she could join us for a couple of nights, too, so we could even have both grandmas there. That would be awesome! My father-in-law passed away this spring from brain cancer and my mom survived ovarian cancer in 2013. Both were reminders that life is short, so let's make memories while we can :) Yes, absolutely!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip with us. Your daughter and niece are darling!!!!!!

I appreciate your sweet thoughts and for following along!

I'm about to leave on a plane to Florida...but not Orlando :(
I'm going to Palm Beach for a girls weekend with some college friends. It will be fun but there was just so little planning to do it was almost a disappointment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter